我要不要相信今天那些傻瓜们
Am I gonna believe all them bad things
说我的坏话
them fools say about me today?
好吗
All right?
而你的妈妈 她没有选择自己的生活
As for your mama, she didn’t pick her life.
是生活选择了她
It picked her.
但是你
But you…
你会干出一番大事的
you’re gonna do something big with yours.
等着看吧
You wait and see.
来吧 跟我回家等舞会结束 来吧
Come on, go home with me till the dance over. Come on.
斯坦小姐 你在信里说过
Miss Stein, you said in
要写一些触动我的东西
your letter to write about what disturbs me,
尤其是那些别人不以为然的事
particularly if it bothers no one else.
过来
Come on.
现在我明白了
And I understand that now.
接着说
Continue.
我想从女佣的角度写点东西
I’d like to write something from the point of view of the help.
这些黑人妇女养育白人的孩子
These colored women raise white children,
二十年后 那些孩子成了主人
and in 20 years, those children become the boss.
我们爱她们 她们也爱我们
We love them and they love us,
但是她们甚至不能使用我们屋里的马桶
but they can’t even use the toilets in our houses.
你不觉得那很讽刺吗 斯坦小姐
Don’t you find that ironic, Miss Stein?
我听着呢
I’m listening.
玛格丽特·米切尔 美国现代著名女作家
《飘》的作者
玛格丽特·米切尔美化了黑人保姆的形象
Margaret Mitchell glorified the mammy figure,
她们把自己一生都奉献给一个白人家庭
who dedicates her whole life to a white family.
但是从没有人问过保姆的感受
But nobody ever asked Mammy how she felt about it.
所以 你要从这个前所未有的角度入手
So, a side to this never before heard?
是的
Yes.
因为从未有人谈论过这个
‘Cause nobody ever really talks about it down here.
斯基特 你在里面跟谁打电♥话♥呢
Skeeter, who are you talking to in there?
走开
Go away!
-那是谁 -我妈妈
– Who was that? – My mother.
听着
Look.
女佣脑子坏了才会把心里话告诉你
No maid in her right mind is ever gonna tell you the truth.
那样做在密西西比州的杰克逊镇
That’s a hell of a risk
这样的地方实在太冒险了
to take in a place like Jackson, Mississippi.
我已经找到一个女佣了
I already have a maid.
真的吗 有一个黑人女佣愿意告诉你吗
Really? A Negro maid has already agreed to speak with you?
是的 女士
Yes, ma’am.
好吧 我想我可以先看看你写的怎么样
Well… I guess I can read what you come up with.
出版界可以注入点新东西
The book biz could use a little rattling.
谢谢 斯坦小姐
Thank you, Miss Stein.
等一下 我只是说
Hey, hey, hey, all I’m saying
看看是不是值得写下去再说
is that I’ll let you know if it’s even worth pursuing.
还有看在上帝的份儿上
And for God’s sake,
你一个二十三岁上过大学的人
you’re a 23-year-old educated woman.
快自己去租个公♥寓♥
Go get yourself an apartment.
亲爱的莫娜小姐
Dear Miss Myrna.
切洋葱的时候
When I’m chopping onions,
怎样才能防止眼泪流出
how do I keep tears out of my eyes?
那太容易了
Shoot, that’s easy.
你让她咬着一支火柴
You tell her hold a matchstick between her teeth.
要点着吗
Is it lit?
不用 小姐
No, ma’am.
里弗特小姐说你现在就可以开始了
Miss Leefolt said you could start right away.
建一个像我家里卫生间那样的
Build it just like the bathroom at my house.
我们来看看
Let’s see.
-就那里吧 应该不错 -好的 小姐
– Right there. That will be nice. – Yes, ma’am.
天哪 我们得进车里去了 来吧
My goodness, we got to run back to the car. Come on.
再见 斯基特
Bye, Skeeter!
艾比琳
Aibileen.
我想写点别的东西
There’s something else I want to write about.
我希望你可以帮我
I would need your help.
我想采访你作为一个女佣的感受
I want to interview you about what it’s like to work as a maid.
我想写一本书
I’d like to do a book of
是关于为白人家庭工作的
interviews about working for white families.
我们可以谈谈给 比如说伊丽莎白工作的感受
And we could show what it’s like to work for, say, Elizabeth?
你知道要是里弗特小姐知道
You know what Miss Leefolt do
我把她的事说出去 她会怎么对我吗
to me if she knew I was telling stories on her?
我想我们不用告诉她
I was thinking that we wouldn’t have to tell her.
其他的女佣也会保密
The other maids would have to keep it a secret, too.
其他的女佣
Other maids?
我想找四五个
I was hoping to get four or five.
看看在杰克逊镇的真实情况
To show what it’s really like in Jackson.
说说你们的薪水
Show what y’all get paid,
照料的孩子 还有洗手间的问题
and the babies and the bathrooms.
好的和不好的方面
The good and the bad.
我给你买♥♥了这该死的房♥子
I bought you this damn house.
忍♥了你的新衣服
I put up with your new clothes
和去新奥尔良的旅行
and trips to New Orleans,
可你这次真♥他♥妈♥太过分了
but this takes the goddamn cake.
希莉跟卫生局长谈过了
Hilly spoke to the surgeon general,
她还说这样我们的房♥子可以升值
and she also said it’ll add value to our home.
我看那笔钱都可以让梅·莫布里上大学
I guess Mae Mobley can go to college in that damn bathroom!
这钱希莉来付 她还说
Hilly’s covering the cost and said
你可以帮威廉处理税务来还她
you could just do William’s taxes to pay her back.
我们不用听霍布鲁克家的话
We don’t take orders from the Holbrooks.
斯基特 你好
Skeeter, how you doing?
很好
Fine.
帮我做个三明治 艾比琳
Fix me a sandwich, Aibileen.
艾比琳 梅·莫布里哭得死去活来了
Aibileen, Mae Mobley’s crying her eyes out.
斯基特
Skeeter.
抱歉 我想你最好还是先走吧
I’m sorry, but I think it’s best if you leave now.
当然 当然
Oh, sure, sure.
莫娜小姐的信
And this Miss Myrna thing isn’t going to
艾比琳不能帮你了
work out with Aibileen.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
你那样摆手就更热了 米妮
You’re making it hotter, flapping your arms like that, Minny.
看看浪多大啊 米妮
Look how big the waves are, Minny.
我们去海滩吧 快跑 去找华特斯先生
Let’s go to the beach. Run, get Mr. Walters!
他最爱乘风破浪
He loves riding these waves!
你知道我们去了比洛克希度蜜月吗
You know we went to Biloxi on our honeymoon?
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
我们是在比洛克希吗 米妮
Are we in Biloxi, Minny?
不 夫人 我们不在
No, ma’am. We ain’t.
不如你在这里坐一会儿
Why don’t you sit down here for a spell.
然后你跟我
And then me and you will
一会儿就去海滩
go on down to the beach in a little while.
如何
How about that?
希莉小姐
Miss Hilly?
没事了
Never mind.
你去用屋里的卫生间吧 米妮 没事
You go on ahead and use the inside bath, Minny, it’s all right.
拜托 雷声大雨点小而已
Oh, for crying out loud, it’s just a little rain.
她可以上威廉的书房♥拿把伞
She can go on up and get an umbrella from William’s study.
在你把我们抓来这里之前
I believe she was working for me
她就已经替我做事了
before you dragged us both here.
你♥爸♥爸毁了你
Daddy ruined you.
我去给你倒杯茶
I’m just gonna get your tea.
米妮
Minny?
米妮 你在里面吗
Minny, are you in there?
是的 小姐
Yes, ma’am.
你在做什么
And just what are you doing?
离我的马桶远一点
Get off my toilet!
你被解雇了 米妮·杰克逊
You are fired, Minny Jackson!
滚吧
Go on!
杰克逊镇那天有十八个人死亡
Eighteen people died in Jackson that day.
十个白人 八个黑人
Ten white and eight black.
上帝要是掀起龙♥卷♥风♥
God don’t pay no mind to
就不在乎肤色问题
color once He decide to set a tornado loose.
艾比在这里 宝贝儿
Aibee’s here, honey.