你能帮我点忙吗
Do you think you’d be willing
帮我回信给莫娜小姐的读者
to help me with those Miss Myrna letters?
莫娜小姐错误百出 纠正过来也挺好
Miss Myrna get it wrong a lot of times. Be good to get it right.
谢谢 艾比琳
Thank you, Aibileen.
我们刚才在外面说的话
All that talk in there today…
希莉那番话
Hilly’s talk?
抱歉让你听到
I’m sorry you had to hear that.
是格林牧师的布道吗
Is that Preacher Green’s sermon?
嗯 小姐 是的
Yes, ma’am, it is.
让我想起了我的女佣 康斯坦丁
That reminds me so much of my maid, Constantine.
我认识她 我们会一起在教堂做礼拜
I know Constantine. We’re in church circle together.
你最近见过她吗
Have you seen her lately?
没有 小姐
No, ma’am.
你知道她为什么离开我们吗
Did you know that she had quit us?
离开?
Quit?
我一周前从学校回家
I got home from school a week ago,
我妈妈说她走了
and my mama told me she had quit.
三月份回去的
Back in March, she went to
和她女儿蕾切尔住在芝加哥
live with her daughter, Rachel. In Chicago.
你听说了吗 有没有她电♥话♥
Did you hear that? Do you have her phone number?
你在这儿 斯基特
There you are, Skeeter.
希莉想让你把她的倡议书写进女青年会通讯里
Hilly wants you to put her initiative in the League newsletter.
好的
Ok.
我明天再来 艾比琳
I’ll be back tomorrow, Aibileen,
帮莫娜小姐写回信
to get started on those Miss Myrna letters.
你得快点写完
You’ll make it quick.
明天要擦银器 好吗
Tomorrow is silver-polishing day. OK?
嗨 杰姆苏
Hi, Jameso.
你好 尤金妮娅小姐
How you, Miss Eugenia?
妈妈?
Mama?
妈妈
Mama.
妈妈?
Mama?
过来 亲爱的
Back here, honey!
是不是显得太年轻了
Is this a little too young?
不仅年轻 还很夸张
That’s a little too everything.
该死 你说得没错
Oh, hell. You’re right.
这个呢
Ok.
好多了
Much better.
你♥爸♥爸1958年给我买♥♥的这条裙子
Your daddy bought me this dress in ’58.
妈妈 我想问问康斯坦丁的事
Mama, I want to ask you about Constantine.
当时密西西比大学刚赢了糖杯赛 你来试试
Right after Ole Miss won the Sugar Bowl. Come on. You try it on.
糖杯橄榄球赛Sugar Bowl
美国一年一度的大学际赛季外橄榄球赛
到底是怎么回事
What really happened?
斯基特 妈妈病了 想看你穿这裙子
Skeeter, your mother is sick. She wants to see you in this dress.
帮我把拉链拉下来
Unzip me.
来吧
Come on.
我告诉你范尼·皮特罗订婚了没
Did I tell you Fanny Peatrow got engaged?
自从她当上了出纳员
After she got that teller job,
她妈妈说求婚的把门槛都踏破了
her mother said she was swimming in proposals.
真不错
Good for fair Fanny Peatrow.
你这朵明日黄花
Eugenia, your eggs are dying.
约会能要你命吗
Would it kill you to go on a date?
有点上进心 小心点 小心
Just show a little gumption. Careful now, careful.
看看你自己
Oh, now look at this.
人要衣裳 马要鞍
This dress is just precious on you.
这里收紧点 还有那里
Just take it in a little here. Little there.
-把头发整整 -我找到工作了
– Get your hair fixed. – I got a job today.
什么工作
Where?
给杰克逊镇日报写稿子
Writing for The Jackson Journal.
好极了
Great.
你可以写写我的讣告
You can write my obituary!
夏洛特·菲兰已逝去 她女儿还单身
“Charlotte Phelan, dead! Her daughter, still single.”
妈妈 终身不嫁没那么糟
Mother, would it really be so bad if I never met a husband?
斯基特 斯基特
Skeeter! Skeeter!
斯基特
Skeeter!
我有点事问你
I need to ask you something.
我之前听说有些女孩心理失衡
I read the other day about how some girls get unbalanced.
她们开始有一些
They start thinking these…
不太正常的念头
…unnatural thoughts.
你…
Are you…
这么说吧 你对男人有兴趣吗
Do you, uh… find men attractive?
你对别的女孩有什么不正常的兴趣吗
Are you having unnatural thoughts about girls or women?
天哪
Oh, my God.
因为这篇文章说可以治疗
Because this article says there’s a cure.
秘制草根茶
A special root tea!
妈妈 我和女孩子的关系
Mother, I want to be with
跟你和杰姆苏一样
girls as much as you want to be with Jameso.
-尤金妮娅 -除非你对他有什么怪念头
– Eugenia! – Unless, of course, you do!
卡尔顿要带丽贝卡来吃晚饭
Carlton’s bringing Rebecca to dinner.
打扮一下
Try to look presentable!
你知道怎么打扫房♥间吗 斯基特
What the hell you know about cleaning a house, Skeeter?
这只是个开始 卡尔顿
It’s a start, Carlton.
随你怎么说 我以为你要写书呢
If you say so. I thought you wanted to write books.
别拿你妹妹开涮了
Now, you all leave sister alone.
-我为你骄傲 宝贝 -造化弄人啊
– I’m proud of you, sweetheart. – The irony of it all.
还教别人打扫卫生 她自己都不
Giving advice on how to keep up a home when she doesn’t even…
不要 帕斯卡古拉 你可能不知道
Oh, no, Pascagoula. You couldn’t have known this,
我对杏仁过敏
but I’m allergic to almonds.
对不起 尤金妮娅小姐 我给你换一盘
Sorry, Miss Eugenia, I’ll get you another one.
上次我吃了颗杏仁 就不喜欢男人了
You know, last time I had an almond, I stopped liking men.
天哪
Oh, my Lord.
别怕 丽贝卡 没事的
Oh, no, Rebecca, it’s fine.
现在有种秘制草根茶可以治疗
There’s a special root tea for that now.
你话太多了 小姑娘
You have pushed it, young lady.
爸爸 康斯坦丁怎么了
Daddy. What happened to Constantine?
这个
Uh, well…
康斯坦丁去芝加哥和她家人一起住
Constantine went to live in Chicago with her family.
岁岁年年人不同 斯基特
People move on, Skeeter.
我也希望她和我们待在一起
But I do wish that she’d stayed down here with us.
我不相信你说的半个字
I don’t believe you.
要真是这样 她会写信告诉我的
She would’ve written and told me.
你们把她解雇了吗
Did you fire her?
我们只是她的雇主
We were just a job to her,
亲爱的 完全是金钱关系
honey. With them, it’s all about money.
等你自己雇个女佣你就明白了
You’ll understand that once you’ve hired help of your own.
-她一手把我带大 -当然不是她
– She raised me. – She did not!
她在我们家干了29年
She worked here for 29 years!
黑人的事我不想再提了
It was a colored thing and I put it behind me!
失陪一下 丽贝卡
Excuse me a moment, Rebecca.
我女儿气得我胃溃疡犯了
My daughter has upset my cancerous ulcers.
你藏在这里干什么 小姑娘
What you doing hiding out here, girl?
我不能告诉妈妈我没有被邀请参加舞会
I couldn’t tell mama I didn’t get asked to the dance.
没关系
It’s all right.
有些事情我们自己知道就好
Some things we just got to keep to ourselves, right?
男生们都说我很丑
All the boys say I’m ugly.
妈妈以前可是南加州选美小姐季军
Mama was third runner-up in the Miss South Carolina pageant.
我希望你不要妄自菲薄
I wish you’d quit feeling sorry for yourself.
这才叫丑陋
Now, that’s ugly.
丑陋发自内心
Ugly is something that goes up inside you.
刻薄 伤人 就像那些男孩
It’s mean and hurtful, like them boys.
你和他们不一样 对吗
Now you’re not one of them, is you?
我想你不是 宝贝儿
I didn’t think so, honey.
每一天
Every day…
你生命里的每一天
Every day you’re not dead in the ground,
早上醒过来的时候
when you wake up in the morning,
你总得做一些决定
you’re gonna have to make some decisions.
得问问自己
Got to ask yourself this question.
我要不要相信
Am I gonna believe
今天那些傻瓜们说我的坏话
all them bad things them fools say about me today?
听到了吗
You hear me?