I’ll give you two cookies if you go.
梅·莫布里 真听话
Mae Mobley, you’re going!
艾比琳 客人来了 桌子还没摆好
Aibileen, the girls are pulling up, and the table isn’t set.
梅·莫布里尿尿了 妈妈
Mae Mobley go, Mama.
赶紧回房♥间
Get in your room right now.
把甜点餐叉摆好 快点
Set out the dessert forks. Please.
让妈妈坐下来 免得她闪了腰
Put Mama in a chair before she breaks a hip.
我还没聋 希莉
I’m not deaf yet, Hilly.
-好啊 姑娘们 -好啊
– Hey, girls. -Hey.
米妮 看看艾比琳做了什么好吃的
Oh. Minny. Will you see if Aibileen has some of that ambrosia?
别动 那是希莉小姐拿来的
Hold on. Those are Miss Hilly’s.
她简直像肯塔基赛马♥会♥的冠军马
She looks like the winning horse at the Kentucky Derby.
衣服上红花绿花 还有蝴蝶结
All flowers and bows.
放点辣椒
Got to have paprika on them.
宽恕我吧 上帝
Forgive me, Lord, but I’m
我真想宰了那个女人 艾比琳
gonna have to kill that woman, Aibileen.
她在我的厕纸上用铅笔做记号♥
Now she gone to putting pencil marks on my toilet paper.
真的吗
Did she?
但是我从家里
But I carry paper in from
带厕纸 那白♥痴♥不知道
my own damn house. That fool don’t know.
里弗特小姐头上涂那么多发胶
Miss Leefolt got so much hairspray on her head
她要是点根烟 我们都会被炸飞
she gonna blow us all up if she light a cigarette.
她肯定会这么干
And you know she will!
-做了什么好吃的吗 -当然有
– You got some ambrosia? – You know I do.
很好 我待会过来
All right, I’ll be back.
米妮 当心线
Minny, cord, girl.
别笑了
Shut up.
指路明灯
美国电视剧名
你好 华特斯太太
Hi, Missus Walters.
我在看电视
I’m watching my story.
好吧
Ok.
这衣服好看吧
Isn’t it gorgeous?
抱歉我来晚了
Sorry I’m late.
你回来了
You’re home!
我也很想你们
I missed you all, too.
这不是远在天边的斯基特吗
Well, if it isn’t “Long Haul” Skeeter.
没想到你会离开密西西比大学
We didn’t ever think you’d leave Ole Miss.
整整熬了四年 乔琳
Well, it does take four years, Jolene.
我有一个极棒的夏季计划
I’ve got a great summer planned for you.
太好了
Great.
今早我提前去洗衣店
I went ahead and I picked up
把黑色连衣裙取了回来
my black dress from the cleaners this morning.
怎么了
What?
-今晚的聚餐 -怎么
– About supper club tonight. – What?
亲爱的 斯图尔特来不了
Honey, Stuart had to cancel.
又来不了吗
Again?
他因为石油钻井耽搁了 斯基特
He got held up on the oil rig, Skeeter.
是什么…海上的
It’s… it’s offshore.
不好意思 我越来越觉得
I’m sorry. I’m starting to think
这个斯图尔特是你们编出来的
this Stuart is a figment of your imagination,
所以到此为止
so just forget it.
我去拿个盘子
I’m just gonna go get a plate.
-嘘 -对不起
– Shh! – Sorry!
我今天找到了份工作
I got a job today.
在杰克逊镇日报
At The Jackson Journal.
雇佣你绝对是个明智的决定
They’d be a fool not to hire you.
为斯基特和她的工作干杯
To Skeeter and her job.
就剩婚姻大事了
Last stop till marriage.
-负责莫娜小姐的专栏
– It’s for the Miss Myrna column.
伊丽莎白 我能和艾比琳谈谈吗
Elizabeth, can I talk to Aibileen?
请教点打扫卫生的窍门
Just to help me with some
给读者回信
of the letters till I get a knack for it.
我的艾比琳吗
My Aibileen?
你怎么不找康斯坦丁帮忙
Why can’t you just get Constantine to help?
康斯坦丁离开我家了
Constantine quit us.
天哪 斯基特 太遗憾了
Oh, my gosh. Skeeter, I’m so sorry.
总之 我只是
Anyway, I just, um…
我真的不知道该怎么样回信
I don’t really know how to answer these letters.
好的 只要不影响她干活
Well, I mean, as long as it doesn’t interfere with her work.
当然没问题
I don’t see why not.
这里是里弗特家
Leefolt residence.
你好 请问伊丽莎白在吗
Hello. Is Elizabeth in?
她在打牌 需要我帮您留言吗
She having bridge club right now. May I take a message?
好的 请告知西莉亚·富特又来电♥话♥了
Yes, please tell her Celia Foote called again.
我明天再打来
I’ll call back tomorrow.
-好的 夫人 -还有…
– Yes, ma’am. – Uh…
女士
Miss?
我家需要女佣
I’m looking for some help at my house.
你有认识的人吗
Do you know any maids looking?
没有 女士
No, ma’am.
好吧 我叫西莉亚·富特
OK. It’s Celia Foote.
地址是埃莫森街684号♥ 再见
Emerson-684. Bye now.
大白天的吓死我了
You scared the daylights out of me!
午饭时间到 我刚好”饿了”
It is lunchtime, and I am suddenly hungry.
真饿得慌
Honestly!
我还在吃 艾比琳
I’m still working on it, Aibileen.
谁的电♥话♥
Who was that on the phone?
西莉亚·富特小姐又来电♥话♥了
Miss Celia Foote called again.
我从没给她回过电♥话♥ 希莉
I’ve never called her back, Hilly.
她真不识趣
She can’t take a hint, can she?
西莉亚·富特是谁
Who’s Celia Foote?
约翰尼娶的那个乡下妞
That tacky girl Johnny married.
从苏格迪奇来的
From Sugar Ditch.
他本该娶你的 希莉
It could have been you, Hilly.
让我住在离市区半小时的地方吗 不 谢了
And live 30 minutes outside of town? No, thank you.
不过 我有一次在美容院碰到她
Anyway, I ran into her at the beauty parlor,
她居然还厚脸皮问我
and she had the nerve to ask
能不能为儿童慈善舞会尽尽心意
if she could help with the Children’s Benefit Ball.
不是吸纳非会员吗 善款很多啊
Aren’t we taking non-members? The benefit has gotten so big.
是的 可我们不告诉她
Yes, but we’re not telling her.
谢谢 艾比琳
Thank you, Aibileen.
希莉 要去洗手间吗
Hilly, I wish you’d just go use the bathroom.
不用
I’m fine.
她刚很郁闷
Oh, she’s just upset
因为那黑鬼上了我们也上的客用厕所
because the nigra uses the guest bath and so do we.
艾比琳 去看看梅·莫布里
Aibileen, go check on Mae Mobley.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
去用我和拉雷的主卫吧
Just go use mine and Raleigh’s.
要是艾比琳用客用的
If Aibileen uses the guest bath,
肯定也用你们的
I’m sure she uses yours, too.
她不会
She does not.
你不想让她们在外面解决问题吗
Wouldn’t you rather them take their business outside?
看了这周《生活》杂♥志♥的封面没
Have you all seen the cover of Life this week?
杰姬看上去真贵气
Jackie’s never looked more regal.
杰奎琳·肯尼迪(1929-1994) 时美国第♥一♥夫♥人♥
跟拉雷说他在黑人厕所上花的每一分钱
Tell Raleigh every penny he spends on a colored’s bathroom
将来卖♥♥♥房♥♥子时都能赚回来
he’ll get back in spades when you’ll sell.
共用洗手间非常危险
It’s just plain dangerous.
谁知道他们身上有什么病
They carry different diseases than we do.
不叫牌
Pass.
所以我起草了家庭卫生设施倡议书
That’s why I’ve drafted the Home Health Sanitation Initiative.
什么
The what?
建议出♥台♥一项预防疾病的法令
A disease-preventative bill
要求每户白人家庭
that requires every white home
为黑佣辟出独♥立♥洗手间
to have a separate bathroom for the colored help.
已经获得了白人公民委员会的支持
It’s been endorsed by the White Citizens’ Council.
也许我们得给你在外面修个厕所 希莉
Maybe we should just build you a bathroom outside, Hilly.
黑人的事情可不是开玩笑
You ought not to joke about the colored situation.
我会不惜一切代价保护我们的孩子
I’ll do whatever it takes to protect our children.
该你出牌 伊丽莎白
Your lead, Elizabeth.
-艾比琳 -什么事 小姐
– Aibileen? – Yes, ma’am.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!