然后就走 从此老死不相往来
Then I was gonna leave. Be done with her forever.
可我不知不觉
Before I knew it, I had
就把馅饼里有什么说出来了
done told that woman what was in that pie!
我向上帝祈求过宽恕
I done ask God to forgive me.
不过华特斯太太更可怜
But more for what happened to poor Miss Walters.
希莉小姐把她送进了养老院
Miss Hilly threw her in that nursing home…
就因为嘲笑了她
just for laughing.
我们不能把这事写进书里
We can’t put that story in the book.
我们别无选择
We ain’t got no choice.
希莉·霍布鲁克不会让人知道馅饼的事
Hilly Holbrook can’t let nobody know that pie story about her.
是啊 但要是真被人发现这场闹剧里的主角
Exactly. If people find out the terrible awful
是你和希莉小姐
was you and Miss Hilly we in trouble
我们就遭殃了 百口莫辩
there ain’t words for.
没错 但你没发现吗
Right! But don’t you see?
她肯定会拼命
She gonna go to her grave
说服别人 这本书说的不是杰克逊镇
convincing folks this book ain’t about Jackson.
这样我们就安全了 上保险了
Now, that keeps us safe. Insured.
不
No.
不 这太危险
No, that’s too dangerous.
是你们俩把我牵扯进来的
Y’all two brought me into this,
现在我要做个了结
but I’m gonna finish it.
要么写进去 要么把我的部分全删掉
Either put it in, or pull my parts out altogether.
你们自己选
Y’all pick!
白人专用 杰克逊镇出租车
谢谢 托米 我应该会在十点前出来 再见
Thank you, Tommy. I should be out by 10:00. See you then.
我是乔琳·法兰奇
This is Jolene French,
在援助非洲儿童慈善舞会为您报道
reporting from the African Children’s Benefit Ball,
在我身边的是女青年会会长
and I’m here with League President,
希莉·霍布鲁克小姐
Miss Hilly Holbrook.
谢谢 乔琳
Thanks, Jolene. And I’m just
我对今晚的拍卖♥♥感到十分激动 你呢
so excited for the auction tonight, aren’t you?
我兴奋极了
I’m absolutely thrilled.
太风♥骚♥了
Scandalous!
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hi!
你看到西莉亚小姐的那身打扮了吗
Did you see what Miss Celia got on?
上帝宽恕她
Lord, have mercy.
女士们今晚得盯紧她们的老公了
Women better hold onto their husbands tonight.
里弗特小姐花了四个礼拜做那条裙子
Miss Leefolt been working on that dress for four weeks
你看最后整出个什么玩意儿
and that’s what she came up with?
拿去
Here.
吻我
Kiss me.
大家今晚都开心吗
Everybody enjoying the evening?
请大家把掌声献给我们的服务员们
Let’s give a nice round of applause for the help.
所有这些为今晚做出贡献的先生女士
For all the men and women who have helped make tonight possible.
我相信他们也很热心慈善
A cause I’m sure is dear to their hearts as well.
-您的鸡尾酒 -谢谢
– Your cocktail. – Thank you.
亲爱的 不觉得今天喝的有点多了吗
Honey, don’t you think you’ve had enough to drink?
你可以去吃点东西
I wish you’d try and eat something.
我才不要吃撑肚子呢
I’m not having my stomach poke out.
好了 大家安静
OK, OK, everybody, quiet down.
我马上宣读获奖名单
I got the list of the winners!
好了
Ok.
华丽的貂皮风衣的得主是
The winner of the beautiful mink car coat is…
夏洛特·菲兰
…Charlotte Phelan!
祝贺你 菲兰小姐
Congrats, Miss Phelan.
女士们 希望你们的丈夫们留意这个
Ladies, I hope your husbands take note of that.
接下来是烘焙食品
Now it’s time for the baked goods.
太美味了
Ooh, yummy, yummy!
拍价最高的烘焙食品是
The highest bid in baked goods goes to
米妮·杰克逊的巧克力馅饼
Minny Jackson’s chocolate pie.
祝贺
Congratulations…
希莉·霍布鲁克
…Hilly Holbrook!
-希莉 -真有意思
– Oh! Hilly. – That’s funny.
我什么都没有拍过
I didn’t bid on anything.
好了 接下来是达尼卡的草莓酱
All right. And now it’s time for Danica’s strawberry jam.
祝贺你 希莉
Congratulations, Hilly!
不知道原来你也喜欢米妮的馅饼
I didn’t know you were a fan of Minny’s pies.
我整晚一直想找机会跟你说
I’ve been wanting to talk to you all night.
米妮说你不愿意搭理我是因为
Minny said why you won’t be my friend.
你以为我跟约翰尼背着你有一腿
It’s ’cause you think me and Johnny went behind your back.
等等 我想说
Wait. I want to talk…
不
Oh, no.
太对不起了
I’m so sorry.
过来 甜心
Come here, sweetheart.
我送你去你那桌
Let me bring you back to your table.
-我真的很抱歉 -没关系 别担心
– I’m really sorry. – it’s all right. Don’t worry about it.
你到底想对我♥干♥什么
What are you trying to do to me?
你跟那个黑人在捣什么鬼
What are you and that nigra up to?
我不明白你在说些什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
你说谎 你还告诉谁了
You liar! Who did you tell?
希莉 你跟约翰尼分手之后我才怀孕的
Hilly, I got pregnant after you and Johnny broke up!
-见鬼 -闭嘴 妈妈
– Oh, shit! – Shut up, Mother!
约翰尼没有对你不忠
Johnny never cheated on you.
至少不是因为我
At least not with me.
约翰尼绝不会对我不忠
Oh, Johnny would never cheat on me.
很抱歉 我以为你赢了那个馅饼心情会变好
I’m so sorry! I thought you’d be tickled you won that pie!
你跟那个黑鬼说 如果她再告诉别人
You tell that nigra, if she tells anybody,
我就要她好看
I will make her suffer!
够了
Hey, that is enough.
西莉亚
Celia.
宝贝 怎么了
Hey, baby, what’s the matter?
西莉亚
Cel?
靠 一团糟 拿餐巾来
Oh, shit. What a mess. Napkins.
继续拍卖♥♥吧
Why don’t we get back to the auction?
下一件 德比的薄荷巧克力
Next up, Debby’s peppermint bark.
西莉亚
Celia!
跟热可可是绝配
It goes great with hot cocoa.
今晚就跟我们一起走吧 妈妈
Oh, just come on home with us tonight, Mother.
不用了 谢谢 我还有个馅饼要吃
No, thanks. I’ve got a pie to eat.
立刻把那个馅饼丢掉
You throw that pie away right now.
我花了不少钱买♥♥这个馅饼呢
I spent good money on this pie.
特地为你标下来的
I won it just for you.
你给我报的名吗
You signed me up?
我可能记不住自己的名字
I may have trouble remembering my own name,
或是身处哪个国家
or what country I live in,
但有两件事我不会忘
but there are two things I can’t seem to forget:
一是我女儿把我丢在养老院
that my own daughter threw me into a nursing home,
二是她吃了米妮的屎
and that she ate Minny’s shit.
晚安
Good night.
-一起打车走吧 -走吧
– Hey, how about a nightcap? – Let’s go.
我过不了这样的日子 米妮
I’m not right for this kind of life, Minny.
我用不着十二个人的餐桌
I don’t need a dining room table for 12 people.
求都求不来两个人坐
I couldn’t get two people over here if I begged.
我不能再这样对约翰尼
I can’t do this to Johnny anymore.
所以我要回苏格迪奇
That’s why I’ve gotta go back to Sugar Ditch.
你不能回苏格迪奇
You can’t move back to Sugar Ditch.
天哪
Lord.
我想是时候告诉你了
I reckon it’s time you knew.
坐下
Sit down.
所以希莉小姐认为你知道这件可怕的事
So Miss Hilly thought you knew about the terrible awful.
以为你是在作弄她
That you was making fun of her.
是我害你挨打的
It’s my fault she pounced on you.
要是你离开约翰尼先生
If you leave Mr. Johnny…
希莉小姐就完胜了整场舞会
…then Miss Hilly done won the whole ball game.
那她不仅打败了我
Then she done beaten me…
也打败了你
…and she done beat you.
谢谢你告诉我这件事
Thank you for telling me that.
天哪 看看这些稿子 266页
Lord, look at all these pages. 266.
那就这么送去吗 然后就等着吗
So we just send it off? Just wait and see?
期待斯坦小姐发表它吗