We were playing basketball on the sidewalk.
有辆车路过
When this car rolled by…
一只带着刺青的手伸了出来
and this tatted hand pulled out a gun.
我们一定是挡了路
We must have been in the way.
他开了三枪
It was three shots.
她倒在了地上
And she was on the ground.
我记得
And I remember…
我记得她看起来很害怕
I remember she looked really scared…
因为她即将看到死后的世界
because she was about to see what happens after you die.
我知道是谁干的
And I know who did it.
什么
What?
斯塔尔 你从没告诉过我们
Starr, you never told us that.
是王侯帮的人
It was a King Lord.
他没有打中我
He missed me once…
我不想给他机会再来杀我
and I didn’t want to give him another chance,
于是我就没有说
so I didn’t snitch.
几个月后我听说他被杀了
And then I heard a few months later that he got killed.
于是我就什么都没说
So I didn’t say anything.
你告诉我 奥芙拉女士
Now tell me, Miss Ofrah…
我这样算什么朋友
what kind of friend is that?
你不能责怪自己 斯塔尔
You can’t blame yourself for that, Starr.
你当时太小了 你现在也还小
You were young. You are young.
我想为了卡里尔变成更好的朋友
I wanna be a better friend for Khalil.
但是上电视这种事
But goin’ on TV…
我不是很确定
I don’t know about all that.
如果你需要法律咨♥询♥
Well, if you ever need legal advice or…
或者改变了主意
you change your mind…
找我
I’m here.
谢谢你
Thank you.

Yeah!
不用上课了 伙计们 走啊
No, school, guys! Come on!
快走 哟 快走
Let’s go! Yo, let’s go!
我们走
Let’s go!
别在大厅里乱跑
Don’t run in the halls!
杰克逊,慢点!
Jackson, slow it down!
嘿 出什么事了
Hey, what is going on?
不上课 要去游♥行♥
School’s out. Protesting’s in.
我本来都准备好今早的历史测试了
And I was so ready for that history test this morning.

Hey!
你去哪
Where have you been?
所有人都翘课了 我们走
Everyone’s ditching, girl.Come on, let’s go.
真不要 我以为你喜欢这种事
Really? I thought you’d love this
考虑到你最近在微博客上发的东西
considering what you’ve been putting up on Tumblr lately.
– 喜欢 – 嗯
– Love it? – Well–
不是喜欢 但是 你关心这些事 对吧
Not love it obviously,but, I mean, you care, right?
这是你家那边的事情
It’s your neighborhood.
我想你没准认识他
I thought you might even know the guy.
我只是不觉得用这种事做借口
I just don’t think it’s, you know, cool
来翘课是件很光彩的事情
to use the situation as an excuse to skip class.
怎么了 斯塔尔
What the hell, Starr?
这不仅是翘课的理由 这是伸张正义
It’s not just an excuse to skip class.
这里一个很好的理由
It’s a good cause.
同时也是一个很好的借口
It also happens to be a really good excuse
不上学
to cut school.
我今天真不想见到我们数学老师的脸 你呢
I really don’t want to see our math teacher’s face today.
你为
Do you?
卡里尔伸张正义
Justice for Khalil!
怎么 怎么啦
What? What’s wrong?
这不对
This isn’t right.
不然还有谁会为了我们的人讲话
Who else is gonna speak up for our people, girl?
我们的人
“Our people?”
你要去哪
Where are you going?
斯塔尔
Starr?
我到处在找你
I’ve been looking for you everywhere.
我不舒服 我要回家
I don’t feel well.I’m going home.
出什么事了
What’s wrong?

Hey.
你认识他 对不对
You knew him, didn’t you?
那个被害的孩子
The kid who got killed.
不 给我点空间 好吗
Nah. Just give me some space, okay?
你为什么不告诉我出什么事了
Why won’t you tell me what’s going on?
斯塔尔
Starr?
嘿 你能来接我吗
Hey. Can you come get me?
– 嘿 – 嘿
– Hey. – Hey.
抽筋 哈
Cramps, huh?
是啊 人不会抽筋的吗
Yeah. People cramps.
– 好好的 – 谢谢叔叔
– Be well. – Thanks, Unc.
就因为一些白人学生翘了课
So, just ’cause some dumb,privileged white kids skip class,
你就觉得你也可以翘课了
you think it’s okay for you to leave school, too?
你猜怎么 斯塔尔
Well, guess what, Starr.
翘课就是翘课呗 我知道 妈妈
– It is what it is. – I know, Mama.
可他们的表现就好像卡里尔的死
But they’re acting like Khalil was murdered
只是用来翘掉化学测试的借口
just so that they can skip a chem test.
而我却没为他的死做任何事
And I didn’t do anything about it.
妈妈
Mama…
我要为他说话
I need to speak for him.
我猜你就是斯塔尔
Let me guess.You’re Starr.

Yeah.
斯塔尔 非常感谢你有勇气做这件事
Starr, thank you so much for having the courage to do this.
不客气
You’re welcome.
戴安很激动能请到你
Diane’s very excited to have you.
我们为了让你上直播还取消了另一个节目
We even bumped a segment to make sure yours airs tonight.
你保证我们的事情要做到
And you’re sure the thing we talked about is happening?
都安排好了
It’s arranged.
他们同意对斯塔尔的脸部作模糊处理
They’ve agreed to blur Starr’s face.
看的人不会认出是她
No one watching will ever know it’s her.
你是本次枪击案唯一的目击者
You are the only witness to the shooting death
一名没有武器的黑人青年被警♥察♥枪杀
of a young, unarmed black man by a police officer.
现在全国数百万观众
Now, millions of people across the country
都听说了卡里尔·哈里斯的名字
have heard the name Khalil Harris.
他和你什么关系呢
Who was he to you?
我们从小就认识了
We knew each other since we were babies
不过如果是他在这里 他大概会说
but if he was here,he would probably say…
他比我大五个月两周
that he was actually five months, two weeks,
零一天
and one day older than me.
他还是一个孩子
He was a kid.
没错
Yep.
你怎么样想那些
What do you think about the people
只关注卡里尔不好的一面的人
that are only focusing on the not-so-good aspects of Khalil?
关注他贩毒的人
That he sold drugs.
如果他们知道原因 他们就不会那么想他了
Well, if they knew why, then they wouldn’t talk about him like that.
他为什么要贩毒呢
Why did he sell them?
卡里尔的妈妈很爱他 但是她有毒瘾
Khalil’s mom loved him,but she was an addict
所以没人可以挣钱
so there was no one to bring in money
没人照顾他的弟弟 他的奶奶得了癌症
to help his little brother and his grandma who has cancer.
他唯一的选择就是
So he had to take the only available job
这份工作
in the neighborhood
才可以给他足够的钱养家
that would pay him enough to help them.
什么工作
Available job?
为花♥园♥高地最大的毒贩卖♥♥命
Dealing for the biggest drug dealers in Garden Heights.
王侯帮
The King Lords.
所以有一家帮派
So there’s one gang
掌控了你家周围
that controls your entire neighborhood?
跟我讲讲
Tell me about that.
你为什么只关心这些事情
Why are you only asking me about that?
我下周就要被叫到
I mean, next week,I’ll be called to testify
陪审团去作证
in a grand jury investigation,
但是没有人想知道究竟发生了什么事
but no one wants to know what actually happened.
每个人都想知道卡里尔做了什么
Everyone wants to know what Khalil did.
说了什么 没有做什么
What he said,what he didn’t do.
就好像是他的错

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!