Baby, we could do some good stuff around here.
你住在哪里并不能决定你的身份 麦弗里克
Where you live does not define who you are, Maverick.
– 亲爱的 – 听我说 不
– Baby, listen to me… – No!
你听我说
You listen!
为了你的家庭牺牲是应该的
It’s okay to make sacrifices for your family.
老天 你难道以为我妈妈搬家
God! Do you think that my mother moved
带我和卡洛斯离开花♥园♥高地
me and Carlos out of Garden Heights
去那所天主教学校
and into that Catholic school
就是为了学习如何祷告吗 不是
so we could learn how to pray? No.
我要确保我的孩子们至少
I’m gonna make sure that my kids have it
得到和我一样的机会
at least as good as I did.
若非如此 一切有什么意义
If not, what’s the point?
我们不就是为了这个才送他们去别的学校吗
That’s why we have them up there in that school!
那你觉得当他们发现
And what do you think that school will do
斯塔尔和卡里尔在一起时候 学校的人会是什么反应呢
when they find out that Starr was with Khalil?

Hmm?
那些白人 喜欢说自己
Those white folks, they love to boast
接受多种族的家伙
about how diversethat school is,
可你知道
but you know what?
这种多样性他们吃不消的
This is too much diversity for them.
我不太舒服 我不去上学了
I don’t feel good, so I’m not going.
没有人舒服 但是我们都要坚持
None of us feel good, Starr, but we’re pressing on anyway.
你去换衣服吧
So you go get dressed.
– 我 – 去换衣服
– I– – Go get dressed.
– 我可以进来吗 – 恩
– Can I come in? – Yeah.
没准等我们回家
Maybe when we get back…
我们可以一起看
we can watch that
哈利·波特与混血幽灵火焰杯
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Half-Blood Gumble Ghosts.
我没事的 爸爸
I think I’m good, Daddy.
和你一起看哈利·波特最没意思了
You the worst person to watch Harry Potter with.
你全程就在说
The whole time you’re like,
哈利·波特讲的就是帮派斗争
“Harry Potter is about the gang theory.”
– 确实如此啊 – 恩
– It is. – Mm-hmm.
霍格沃茨四个学院有自己的颜色
Hogwarts houses have they own colors,
自己的地盘 一直都在互相伤害
they own hideouts, and they always ridin’ for each other.
怎么不是讲帮派了
How that ain’t about gangs?
– 你知道我说得对 – 恩
– You know I’m right. – Mm-hmm.
你们自己不也有自己的哈利·波特帮吗
Y’all had y’all’s own little Harry Potter gang.
现在娜塔莎和卡里尔都不在了 就剩你了
Now Natasha and Khalil both gone, and you still here.
你要好好珍惜这段时光
Trying to make some sense out of it.
这就是暴徒生活
It’s THUG LIFE.
你给婴儿灌输的仇恨
“The Hate U Give Little Infants…”
会毁了所有人
“F’s Everybody.”
我知道这个缩写
I know what it stands for.
你觉得这代表什么
What do you think it means?
我觉得这不仅影响孩子
I think it’s about more than just the youth.
我觉得这影响我们大家
I think it’s about us.
我们是谁
Us who?
黑人群体
Black people.
穷♥人♥ 底层人♥民♥
Poor people. Everybody at the bottom.
没错 你说对了
Right, you on it.
他曾试图告诉我们
Pac was trying to school us
社会是如何排斥我们的
on how the system’s designed against us.
你觉得为什么我们那么多邻居都贩毒
Why else you think so many people in our neighborhood deal?
– 因为他们需要钱 – 是啊
– They need the money. – Yeah.
这里根本找不到像样的工作
And there ain’t no real jobs around here,
所以他们落入了陷阱
so they fall into the trap.
什么陷阱
What trap?
贩毒是个价值数百亿的营生
Drugs a multi-billion-dollar industry.
我和卡里尔这样的兄弟都陷了进去
Brothers like me and Khalil get caught up
因为看起来这可以致富
’cause it look like a way out.
可是毒品都卖♥♥进了我们自己人手里
But that shit is flown into our communities…
我也没听说谁买♥♥了私人飞机
and I don’t know nobody with a private jet.
– 你呢 – 没
– Do you? – Mnh-mnh.
我也没有
Me neither.
然后他们就害了我们
And then they trap us.
我们进了监狱 又是另一个价值百亿的营生
And we end up in prison, another billion-dollar hustle.
他们抓人就像是
And they got us riding through there
把我们当做传送带上面的货物
like we on a conveyor belt.
我就是这样和我爸爸进了监狱
That’s how I end up in prison with my daddy.
你和你♥爸♥爸一起进监狱
You went to jail with your own daddy?
是啊
Yep.
但是我和他一起被抓的时候
But when I caught up with him,
他什么也帮不了我
wasn’t nothin’ he can do to help me.
他不过是一个虚弱年迈又后悔的老头
He was just a weak, old man with regrets.
他的人生那时已经没有失望了
And his light was gone.
我发誓我绝不会变成那样
And I swore that would never be me.
因为我要为我的孩子打破这个循环
Because Imma break the cycle for my kids.
我还没准备把卡里尔
I’m not ready to see Khalil
当做一具冰冷的尸首
as a soulless mannequin.
他的嘴唇还有血色
His lips are too pink.
不过他的酒窝不见了
And he doesn’t have his dimples.
走吧 亲爱的
Come on, baby.
我不是他 妈妈
It ain’t him, Mama.
我知道
I know.
我们有的是时间
We got time.
嘿 你没事吧
Hey, you all right?
你妈妈和国王来了
Your mama’s here with King.
赛文
Seven!
赛文
Seven!
过来和我们一起
Come on back here with us!
亲爱的 过去和你妈妈一起
Baby, go back there with your mother.
你知道他不相和她一起
You know he don’t want to sit with her.
我知道 但是她在教堂里大吼大叫
I know, but she’s yellin’ in the church, baby.
阿门 哈利路亚
Amen! Hallelujah!
阿门 感谢合唱团
Amen! Thank you, choir,
与我们一起祷告 带着如此的虔诚
for blessing us with such wonderful…
与感恩
praise and worship.
阿门 我的兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥
Amen! Brothers and sisters.
我们这里迎来了一位演讲者
We have a speaker here with us today.
哈里斯一家请求我们
The Harris family have asked us all
听她发言
to listen to what she has to say.
上来吧 爱普尔·奥夫拉姐妹
Come on up, Sister April Ofrah.
我是爱普尔·奥夫拉 来自我们要正义的一名律师
I’m April Ofrah, a lawyer with Just Us For Justice.
在祷告之前 我刚刚得到消息
Just before the service, I was informed
警方无意
that the police have no intentions
逮捕谋害了这位少年的警官
of arresting the officer who murdered this young man.
哪怕有可信的目击者
Despite having a credible eyewitness.
我的天
Oh, my God!
我今天并不想来到这个地方
This is the last place I wanted to be today.
我知道我不是一个人
And I know I’m not alone.
但是我们还是来了
But here we are again.
暴♥力♥ 残暴
Violence, brutality.
故事都是一样的 只不过换了个人名
It’s the same story, just a different name.
是啊 你说得对
Yes. You’re right.
今天的名字属于卡里尔·哈里斯
Today’s name is Khalil Harris.
另一名没有武器的黑人少年
Another unarmed, young, black man.
这告诉我们什么呢
What does that tell us?
沙美尔·贝尔说得最好
Shamell Bell said it best.
我们无法做到手无寸铁
“It is impossible to be unarmed
因为他们把肤色当做威胁
when our blackness is the weapon that they fear.”
我拒绝让肤色被视为武器或者弱点
And I refuse to let our blackness be seen as a weapon or as a weakness.
– 对 – 对 说得好
– Yeah! – Yeah! That’s right!
所以哈里斯一家和我请求大家加入我们
That is why the Harris family and I ask you to join us after the service
前往警♥察♥局进行一场和平游♥行♥
for a peaceful march past the police station.
分而治之是他们的手段
Division is how they win.
– 他们最怕我们联合起来 – 对
– Unity is how they crumble. – Yeah!
我们在外面见 谢谢大家
See you outside after the service. Thank you.
阿门
Amen!
感谢
Thank you!
感谢 奥芙拉姐妹 进行如此激励人心的讲话

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!