当地社群领袖
Local community leaders
担心出庭作证
fear that the testimony of the witness
不仅仅会助长黑帮暴♥动♥
will not only increase gang violence
也加剧了当地警方
but also amplify tension between local police
与花♥园♥高地社区的紧张关系
and the Garden Heights community.
(newsreader
continues indistinctly)
有人想恐吓你不要出席明天的陪审团
Someone’s trying to scare you about the grand jury tomorrow.
吓到你了吗
Did it work?
我们为什么需要陪审团决定是否起诉
Why do we need a grand jury to decide if this should go to trial?
有人不觉得杀死卡里尔是犯罪
Some people don’t see what happened to Khalil as a crime.
他们觉得是例行检查出了岔子
They see it as a traffic stop gone wrong.
为什么
How?
警♥察♥拦车时心里会想很多事情
A lot goes through a cop’s mind when they pull someone over.
尤其是当他们在争吵
Especially if they have to get into a pissing contest with the driver
为什么拦车的问题上
about why they stopped him.
这就像敲响了警钟
It sets off an alarm.
警♥察♥会想
The officer thinks…
他们在隐藏什么事情 这车是偷来的吗
“Are they hiding somethin’?Is the car stolen?”
如果有个女孩和你一样坐在副驾驶上面
Now, if there’s a girl in the passenger seat like you…
她看起来还好吗 她有没有被打 被强♥奸♥
“Does she look all right? Has she been beaten or raped?”
如果他们开始聊天 而不是回答警♥察♥问题
If they start talking to each other and not the officer,
我们会觉得他们想干扰我
we figure they might be trying to distract.
他们在车里藏了什么
What are they hiding in the car?
毒品 武器
Drugs? A weapon?
如果司机开始骂警官
Now, if the driver starts to insult the officer,
我们就会尝试口头控制局面
we try to verbally get control of the situation.
但是如果他们不合作 我们只得运用武力
But if they still don’t comply,then we– we have to use force.
但是你们仍不知道他们是否做了坏事
But you still don’t know if they did anything wrong.
所以我们要搜身
That’s why we search them.
确保他们没有武器
To make sure that they don’t have a weapon.
我们查驾照 命令他们不要动
We run their license and instruct them not to move.
但如果他们开了车门
But if they open the door…
或者把身子探进车窗
or reach through an open window,
他们很可能是去取武器
they’re probably goin’for a weapon.
所以 如果我觉得我看到了枪
So if I think I see a gun…
我不会犹豫 我会开枪
I don’t hesitate. I shoot.
你会开枪
You shoot?
因为你觉得你看到一把枪
Because you think you see a gun?
你不先说点什么 比如把手举起来
You don’t say something first?Like, “Put your hands up”?
看情况 是不是晚上 我能不能看清楚
It depends.Is it night? Can I see?
我不是唯一执勤的人
Am I on duty alone?
如果你是在白人社区呢
What if you were in a white neighborhood?
如果是西装革履的白人
And it was a white man wearing a suit,
开着一辆奔驰
driving a Mercedes?
他也可能是贩毒的 对吧
He could be a drug dealer, right?
是可能
He could.
如果你看到了他
So if you saw him…
把身子探进车窗
reach into the window…
你觉得你看到了一把枪
and you thought that you saw a gun…
你会开枪吗
would you shoot him?
还是会说 把手举起来
Or would you say,”Put your hands up”?
我会说 把手举起来
I’d say, “Put your hands up.”
你知道你刚才说了什么吗
Do you hear what you just said?
我们生活在一个复杂的世界里 斯塔尔
We live in a complicated world, Starr.
不 不 对我来说没那么复杂
No. No, it doesn’t seem that complicated to me.
我全程都会在这里
I’ll be out here the whole time.
如果你想问我任何问题 那都是你的权利
And if you need to ask me anything, that’s your right.
你的父母也会等着你
And your parents will be here waiting.
恩恩 好的
Mm-hmm. Okay.
我非常爱你
I love you so much.
我出有爱你
I love you.
请在陪审团面前说出你的名字
Now state your name for the grand jurors.
我叫斯塔尔·阿玛拉·卡特
My name is Starr Amara Carter,
今年十六岁
and I’m 16 years old.
我将询问你
I’m going to be asking you for a factual account
关于卡里尔·哈里斯被杀当晚你看到的事情
of what you saw the night Khalil Harris was killed.
我会把看到的都告诉你
I will tell you everything.
我会把我知道的都告诉你
I will tell you everything and more.
卡里尔的妈妈沉迷毒瘾
Khalil lost his mother to crack.
卡里尔喜欢唱歌♥ 虽然他唱得很烂
Khalil loved to sing even though he couldn’t.
卡里尔在我家吃了五年的饭
Khalil ate at our house for five years.
卡里尔从来不哭
Khalil never cried.
卡里尔想去埃及
Khalil wanted to go to Egypt.
卡里尔和我接吻两次
Khalil kissed me twice.
其中一次就在那晚
Once on that night.
卡里尔并没有枪
Khalil didn’t own a gun.
卡里尔有一把梳子
Khalil owned a hairbrush.
卡里尔死的时候还握着那把梳子
Khalil died holding his hairbrush.
如果卡里尔还活着
And if Khalil was still alive…
他已经高中毕业了
he would be graduating high school.
我猜 你一时半会儿不能让这事情过去了
So, I guess you’re not gonna get over it anytime soon?
让事情过去
Get over it?
是啊 让它过去
Yes. Get over it.
你甚至都没发觉你自己是种族歧视 对吧
You can’t even see that you’re acting racist, huh?
因为我不是
‘Cause I’m not.
平时一副 我们 大家
It’s all “our,” and “us,”
黑人一样重要的样子 直到你收起钱包
and “black lives matter, girl”until you clutch your purse
在电梯里遇到黑人的时候
when you’re in the elevator with a black person.
不一定非要用N开头的词
You don’t need to use the N-word
或者是用水枪喷黑人才叫歧视 海莉
and use a fire hose on black people to be racist, Hailey.
你变了 斯塔尔
You’re different, Starr.
我变了
I’m different?
怎么 我是没威胁的黑人女孩
What, I’m the non-threatening black girl?
是的 你是
Yeah. You are.
你朋友不是 他是个毒贩
Your friend wasn’t.He was a drug dealer.
总有一天会有人杀了他
Someone was probably gonna kill him eventually.
你认真的吗 海莉
Are you serious, Hailey?
是的 警♥察♥看到了武器
Yes. The officer did see a weapon.
– 他看到一把梳子 – 看起来像是武器
– He saw a hairbrush.- That looked like a weapon.
你说我手里这是什么
What’s this in my hand right now?
你跟我讲这东西像武器
You’re gonna tell me that this looks like a weapon?
是他手里拿着 是的
In his hand, yes.
那在我手里呢
What about in my hand?

Huh?
啊 像武器吗
Huh? Does it look like a weapon?
现在看起来像武器了吗
Does it look like a weapon now?
你给我趴在地上 快
Get on the ground! Now!
趴在地上 否则我就开枪了
Down on the ground before I shoot you!
不要动
Don’t move!
不要动 否则我就开枪了
Don’t move before I shoot you with it!
我刚刚说什么来着
What the hell did I just say?
别动 海莉
Don’t move! Hailey.
看着我 不要哭了
Look at me and stop crying.
就是这种感觉
That’s what it’s like.
斯塔尔
Starr.
嘿 斯塔尔 慢着
Hey. Starr, wait.
– 斯塔尔 慢着 – 你想怎么样
– Starr, wait!- What do you want?
别激动
Hold on!
斯塔尔
Starr.
别这样
Stop.
斯塔尔 斯塔尔 别这样 你会伤到自己的
Starr. Starr, stop.You’re gonna hurt yourself.
过来 过来
Come here. Come here.
有我呢
I got you.
有我呢
I got you.
(cell phone vibrates)
嘿 莱瑞克 赛文在哪
Hey, Lyric. Where’s Seven?
斯塔尔 该死
Starr!Shit!
– 你来做什么 – 伤到哪里了
– What are you doing here? – Where is it hurting?
你们趁国王没回来快走
Y’all leave before King comes back.
他去找你了
He’s looking for you.
没事 赛文 我们走

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!