“Is this bold enough for you?”
“抽象艺术就此诞生”
“And thus was abstract art born.”
抽象艺术
就此诞生
“并就此升华”
“And transformed.”
“或者没有”
“Or not.”
“一切美好都终将被毁灭
“Everything beautiful is ruined eventually.
也许这才是关键
Maybe that’s the thing.
如果你敢毁掉你的作品…
If you do ruin your painting…
那你肯定知道 你完全有能力
you gotta know you have everything in you
再画出那样好看的画作”
to get to that pretty good painting again.”
“可要是你永远不落下那大胆一笔…”
“But if you never do the bold stroke…”
特里格
今天别让我吃碳水
“你就永远不知道自己的画是否能成为杰作”
“You’ll never know if you could’ve had a great painting.”
三角形不同
…triangle is different.
有三条边的多边形
All polygons with three sides.
拿走一条边
Take one side away,
就只是个角
now it’s just an angle.
加上一条边 就是正方形
Add a side, that’s a square.
什么时候才能开始约会
When does the dating start?
这就是约会
This is dating.
不 吃汉堡薯条和奶昔才叫约会
No, dating is burgers and fries and shakes.
再加一份薯条也行
And maybe another order of fries.
而且…
And…
-我要给她发信息 -等等 什么
– I’m gonna text her. – Wait, what?
-有些时候 你必须收尾 -现在还不是时候
– At a certain point, you’ve gotta close. – We’re not at that point!
早就过了那个时候了
We’re way past that point.
保罗·曼斯基
晚上吃汉堡薯条
奶昔薯条吗
我有车
艾丝特·弗洛雷斯
正在输入
天啊
Oh, my God.
我要…
I’ve gone…
“妹妹黑了我手♥机♥
“Little sister hacked my phone.
我们能去个更安全的平台聊吗
Can we take this to a safer platform?
要不幽信
Ghost Messenger?
我的网名是…
My handle’s…
史密斯·科罗纳”
Smith Corona.”
-史密斯·科罗纳是谁 -随便一名字
– Who’s Smith Corona? – Just a guy.
艾丝特·弗洛雷斯
正在输入
该死
Crap.
我是泥浆之王 宝贝 你看见没
I’m the king of the mud! Babe! Babe, did you get that?
加个标注 “泥浆之王”
Caption it, “Mudding king.”
泥浆之王 泥浆之王
Mudding king! Mudding king!
泥浆之王 泥浆
Mudding king! Mudding–
新幽信消息
New ghost message.
迪加·里韦罗
那去哪里吃薯条
-太好了 成功了 -太好了
– Yeah, we did it! – Yes!
斯巴克餐厅
她更喜欢抽象 别太具体
She prefers abstract to representational.
如果她提起《长日留痕》
If she brings up Remains Of The Day,
就谈谈刻画纳粹的时间不足
talk about how the movie loses out
成为了这部电影的败笔
by not spending more time on the Nazis.
放松 我可以的
Relax. I got this.
-但是 -这是约会 又不是读书交流会
– But– – It’s a date, not a book report.
石黑一雄 《长日留痕》
他去年来鲍威尔书店的时候
I got two of them signed
我买♥♥了两本拜托他签名
when he came to Powell’s Books last year.
我开了一整夜的车过去
I drove all night to get there.
那真不错
Cool.
你大概已经读过了
You’ve probably already read it.
-我想着你可能会想要一本 -没错
– Thought you’d like one. – Yeah, totally.
不 我喜欢
No, I– I love,
纳粹
Nazis.
我是说书里写的那些
I mean, the– the ones in the book.
应该多几个那种纳粹 对吧
I mean, like, more of those Nazis. Am I right?
说到纳粹
Speaking of Nazis…
谢谢你带我来这里
thank you for meeting me here.
我爸
My dad…
他也算不上是纳粹 但是
he isn’t a Nazi exactly, but,
他会非常严格
he can be pretty strict.
人们会嚼舌根
You know, people talk.
对 嚼舌根
Yeah. Talk.
不过
It’s nice…
我很高兴能认识新朋友
to make a new friend, though.
朋友
A friend.
不错
Good.
他们用的是雷迪奶油
They use Reddi-wip.
是罐装的
It’s, uh… from a can.
不过还不错
But it’s okay.
也没那么糟糕
It wasn’t that bad.
那约会还不够糟吗 你们都没共同点
What about that date wasn’t bad? You have nothing in common.
暂时还没 但是
Not yet, but–
游戏结束
Game over.
我不能放弃
I can’t give up.
你和艾丝特·弗洛雷斯 绝对没可能
Look, you and Aster Flores, not gonna happen.
火车”楚楚”来咯
Chugga chugga Chu Chu!
-你们叫谁”楚楚” -该死 我们走
– Who are you calling “Chu Chu”? – Shit, let’s get out of here!
什么样的懦夫才会放完蠢话就开车逃跑
What kind of wusses say dumb shit and then drive away?
是啊 快跑吧你们
Yeah, you’d better run!
干嘛
What?
艾丝特·弗洛雷斯觉得你喜欢抽象艺术
Aster Flores thinks you’re into abstract art
还有英国压抑文学
and repressed British literature.
-好 -但你都不喜欢
– Yeah. – None of that is you.
可以培养 我开始看《长日留痕》了
It could be. I started reading that Remains Of The Day book.
-真的吗 -对 我看睡着了几次
– Really? – Yeah. I fell asleep a few times,
但我还是接着读
but I’m still reading it.
那多少会有点用吧
That’s gotta count for something.
努力也没用
There are no points for effort.
爱不就是这样吗
Isn’t that what love is?
对爱的人倾注心血
How much effort you put into loving someone?
不管爱是什么
Whatever love is,
跟艾丝特·弗洛雷斯都吹了
we just blew it with Aster Flores.
迪加·里韦罗
那真是…
迪加·里韦罗
那真是…
有点怪
太好了
Yes!
不 我可以的
No, I can do this.
我们可以的
We can do this.
好吧
Okay.
我付你双倍
I’ll pay you double.
你不用付我钱
You don’t have to pay me.
别这样 不然你为什么帮我
Don’t be weird, dude. Why else would you do this?
没事 我有存款
No, I’ve got savings.
存在主义
下次约会是三周后
Next date is three weeks away.
-三周 -你跟她说你要忙
– Three weeks? – You told her you’re slammed
-橄榄球训练 -我说过吗
– with football training. – I– I did?
指奥黛丽·赫本与凯瑟琳·赫本的比较
没错 而且你还要辩论谁是更好的赫本
Yes. Also, you’re in a debate on who’s the better Hepburn.
谁在那边
Who there?
爸 我把你吵醒了
Ba, did we wake you?
功课
School project.
你好 楚艾莉的爸爸
Hi, Ellie Chu’s dad.
我们没时间把你完全塑造成艾丝特认为的人
We don’t have time to school you on everything Aster thinks you are,
所以我们得选择 个别钻研而非广而不精
so we have to be selective. Deep versus broad-based learning.
我们盯着她
We spy on her,
然后临时给你补她最喜欢的东西
then cram you on her greatest hits.
好的
Cool.
-你准备好了吗 -好了
– Are you ready for this? – Yes.
你真的准备好了吗
Are you ready for this?
是 长官 没错 长官
Yes, sir! Yes, sir!
在《禁闭》中 三个人困在了地狱
So, in No Exit, three people are trapped in hell.
一扇门打开 但没有人离开
A door opens, but nobody leaves.
疯了吧 他受不了这些人
That’s nuts. He can’t stand these people.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!