I’m 17. I’ve lived in Squahamish my whole life.”
真消极
Such a downer.
-不消极 -超级消极
– It’s not a downer. – A major downer.
约她出去玩
Ask her to hang out.
出去玩
What exactly is…
到底是玩什么
hanging out?
就是出去玩啊
You know, uh, hanging out.
-但 你们会玩些什么 -曼斯基 干嘛呢
– But, like, what do you do? – Munsky, what’s up?
忏悔
Confession.
-想去乔伊家玩吗 -去
– Want to go to Joey’s and hang out? – Yeah.
“我和我的朋友一起玩
“I hang out with my friends.
我保持谦逊”
I keep my head down.”
“我是个单纯的…”
“I’m a simple…”
-保罗 -“…大男孩”
– Paulie! -“…guy.”
这肉不会自动搅成泥
This meat won’t grind itself.
“也就是说…
“Which is to say…
如果我知道爱情是什么
if I knew what love was,
我就说自己的话了”
I would quote myself.”
就是这里 人善空气清新气候棒
Right here, man. People, air, weather.
我们为什么要离开
Why would we ever leave?
在这里
In here!
这不算是亵渎神明吗
Isn’t this sacrilegious?
她回信了
She wrote back.
“亲爱的保罗”
“Dear Paul…”
“你知道打哈欠要动用11块肌肉吗
“You know it takes 11 muscles to yawn?
这是我经常想起的奇怪事实
This is the sort of weird fact I find myself recalling
为了控制住自己…
to keep myself from…
不打哈欠”
…well, yawning.”
我们坚信上帝爱人
We believe that God loves us.
“或控制自己不表露真实感受”
“Or showing anything I feel really.”
我们盲目地相信…
We believe blindly and…
“所以 没错…
“So, yeah…
我也从他人的文字里寻找慰藉”
I turn to other people’s words, too.”
想象一下 合适的石子会如何改变你的人生
…imagine how the right gravel can change your life.
亲爱的 请坐直
Sweetheart, sit up straight, please.
淑女一些
Like a lady.
“如果你是个漂亮女孩
“When you’re a pretty girl,
我知道这话让我听上去很自负
and I know it makes me sound conceited,
可这也是你写信给我的原因 不是吗”
but that’s why you’re even writing me, right?”
“如果你是个漂亮女孩 人们就爱送你东西”
“When you’re a pretty girl, people want to give you things.”
这围巾你戴着肯定特好看
It would look so cute on you.
“可他们的真实目的…”
“What they really want…”
“是要让你变得和他们一样”
“…is to make you like them.”
谢谢
Thanks.
“不是指 ‘我喜欢你’
“Not like them as in, ‘I like you,’
like一词多义
而是 ‘我和你一样'”
but like them as in, ‘I am like you.'”
就是…
Like…
你戴上会巨好看
so cute on you.
你是指现在就戴上
You– you mean right now?
BGM: Check Me Out by Photronique
*看看我 看看我*
*Check me out, check me out*
*我在地下*
*I’m underground…*
“于是我和很多人都相似
“So I’m like a lot of people.
而这让我没了自我”
Which makes me kind of no one.”
*我的所有设计 都毫不优雅*
*Every inch of my design is far from grace…*
-我现在能给她发信息了吗 -为时尚早
– Can I text her now? – Too soon.
不行 我要发
No, I’m gonna do it.
这只会让她觉得你和别人没什么两样
If you want her to think you’re like everyone else.
保罗·M转给你 50美元
“我从没仔细思考过合群带来的压♥迫♥
“I never really thought about the oppression of fitting in before.
与众不同的好处在于
The good thing about being different
没人想让你变得和他们一样”
is that no one expects you to be like them.”
等等我
Hey, wait for me!
“所有人都觉得自己与众不同 但…
“Doesn’t everyone think they’re different, but…
我们与众不同的方式都差不多 不是吗”
pretty much we’re all different in the same way?”
“栖息在受欢迎金字塔顶端的女孩如是说”
“Says the girl perched on the rarefied peak of Mt. Popularity.”
宝贝
Babe!
该去吃塔可了
Taco time.
“悠着点 不懂爱先生
“Easy, Mr. I Know Nothing About Love.
我或许会让你大吃一惊”
I may surprise you.”
你想去哪里
So, where do you wanna go?
我想去卖♥♥睡衣的地方
I want to go somewhere where I could get pajamas.
你想去盖璞吗
Do you wanna go to Gap?
塔克维拉的盖璞有内衣
The one in Tukwila has a GapBody.
我超爱盖璞内衣
I love GapBody.
那里面有15个试衣间呢
It has, like, 15 dressing rooms.
那家盖璞比较好
Oh, it’s the better Gap.
比韦纳奇的那家好多了
So much better than the one in Wenatchee.
可别提韦纳奇…
Ugh. Wenatchee…
我的天啊 快看莫莉的推文
Oh, my God. Go look at Molly’s posts.
她看着好恶心啊
She looks so gross.
-真的好恶心 -她为啥要发这个
– She looks so gross. – Why would she post that?
谁知道呢
I have no idea.
特里格在迪克炸炸店打卡了
Trig checked in at Dick’s Fry Fry.
艾丝特好幸运
Aster is so lucky.
超幸运 斯夸哈米什的一半都是他家的
Totes lucky. His family owns half of Squahamish.
而她家连自己的房♥子都没有
Hers doesn’t even own their house.
你好刻薄
You’re so rude.
这是事实啊
You know that it’s true.
那倒是
Yeah, it’s true.
“令人惊讶的是
“What’s surprising is
人们看不见他们无所求的事物”
people don’t see what they’re not looking for.”
“视而不见”
“The obvious unseen.”
所以…
So…
这就是半个班的作业都不合格的原因
this is why half my class is failing their essays.
我很快就会重新开张
I’ll be reopen for business soon enough.
这种情况也不能持续太久
And this can’t go on much longer.
“我一直在想你说的话
“I’ve been thinking about what you said
关于看见和看不见的话”
about seeing and not seeing.”
我愿意
Yes, I do!
“有个绘画老师曾经对我说
“I had a painting teacher once tell me that
一幅好看的画作和杰作之间的区别…
the difference between a good painting and a great painting…
通常只有五笔
is typically five strokes.
而这五笔通常是绘画过程中最大胆的五笔
And they’re usually the five boldest strokes in the painting.
问题在于
The question, of course…
究竟是哪五笔”
is which five strokes?”
“我懂 在为好看的画作付出那么多汗水后
“I get it. After one’s slaved away at making a pretty good painting,
你最不想做的就是
the last thing you’d want to do is
大胆下笔 却发现可能…”
make a bold stroke and potentially…”
“毁了一切
“Ruin everything.
所以我不再画画了
That’s why I gave up painting.
不过我时常想 我的人生是否也会这样”
Still, I wonder if that is how I’m living my life.”
宝贝
Hey, babe?
哪个好
Which one?
右边的 是吗
Right one, right?
好极了
Great.
来吧
Let’s do this.
“这是个…
“It’s a…
不错的人生
pretty good life.
也许在斯夸哈米什 这算是最棒的人生”
Probably the best life one could hope for in Squahamish.”
“也许吧
“Perhaps…
可你对斯夸哈米什又真正了解多少呢”
but how well do you really know Squahamish?”
北纬41.1°24′ 12.2”
东经2.1°10’ 2.69”
随便画五笔
“这就是你最大胆的一笔吗”
“Oh, so that’s your boldest stroke?”
该你了
这就是你
最大胆的
一笔吗
“我喜欢慢慢构造 你这又算什么”
“I’m into the slow build. What was that?”
“这叫果决
“Decisiveness.
我喜欢慢慢构造
你这又算什么
不过你请便 花多久大胆都可以”
But, please, take all the time you need to be bold.”
“你觉得这样够大胆了吗”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!