Give me your hand.
我保证我会好好照顾你爷爷,伊莱 别担心
I promise I’ll look after your grandfather, Eli. Don’t worry.
连你也没办法对抗德军,老师
Even you can’t fight the Germans, miss,
当他们来时,他们或许也会去英国
when they come. And they might come to England too.
把你的手给我
Give me your hand.
我的父亲参与大战时获得这个 勇气奖
My father was given this in the Great War, for courage.
重点是,任何人把它带在身边 都会不由自主变得勇敢
The thing is, anyone who keeps it close can’t help but be brave.
连他们很害怕时也是
Even when they’re scared.
你感觉到了吗?
Do you feel it?
你得用力摩擦它 当它变热时,便会启动魔力
Well, you need to rub it, then. The magic only starts when it gets warm.
我现在感觉到了!
I feel it now!
太好了,小子 你到时得安全把它带回来还我
That’s a good lad. Now, you bring that back safe to me.
家长严禁进入码头
Strictly no parents in the port.
他在那里 家长严禁进入码头
There he is. Strictly no parents in the port.
战争最惨的一天
Worst day of the war.
那天差点打败了我们
It nearly broke us, that day.
几天之后,当德军登陆时
When the Germans landed a few days later
我们这里只剩半数人口
we were only half here.
我们的心
Our hearts
却早已飘到别处
were already elsewhere.
喔!
Oh!
都磨平了!
It’s worn smooth!
我需要许多勇气
I needed a lot of courage.
开心点,伊莱 你会归还给她的
Oh, cheer up, Eli. You’ll give it back to her.
随时随地都会有人回家,和你一样
There’s people coming home all the time, just like you.
回家?
Coming home?
伊丽莎白离开多久了?
How long has Elizabeth been gone?
那天真的是很离奇
What a day that was!
伊莱是第一个下舷梯的男孩
Eli was the first boy down the gangway.
他的腿在五年内长得好长 谁认得他呢?
He’d grown long legs in five years. Who’d recognize him?
我,我认得他
Me. I would.
要来块司康饼饼吗?刚烤好的
Care for a scone? Fresh baked.
德军在1944年逮捕了她
The Germans arrested her in ’44.
把她送去了内陆 逮捕她?为什么?
Sent her to the continent. Arrested her? Why?
我不知道,我当时不在场
I don’t know. I wasn’t there.
他们也没说
And they don’t say.
我想贿赂你带我参观小岛 用艾宾的司康饼饼来交换
I was hoping to bribe you for a tour, in exchange for some of Eben’s scones.
比他的土豆派好吃多了
Much better than his potato pie.
是啊,希望如此
Yes. I hope so!
来吧
Come on.
谢谢你
Thank you.
小心点,琪特! 没关系
Careful, Kit! It’s OK.
她知道要去哪
She knows where she’s going.
地雷,危险爆♥炸♥物
抱歉,我很想脱下鞋子
Sorry, I would take my shoes off,
但那些铁丝满地都是
if it weren’t for all the wire.
别担心铁丝 你该担心的是地雷
Don’t you worry about the wire. It’s the mines you want to be careful of.
地雷?
The mines?
对不起
I’m sorry.
抱歉,那一点也不好笑
Sorry, that’s not funny.
一点也不好笑
That’s not funny at all!
他们的确在海边布下地雷 整座小岛周遭都是
They did mine the beaches, though, the whole perimeter of the island.
我们费了好一番功夫 才终于清光那些地雷
It took some doing, but we finally got it all cleared out.
你很安全的 那就好
You’re safe. Good.
那是什么?
What are those?
德军的了望台之一
One of the German lookouts.
他们在每个据点安置一个 面向大海的了望台
They put them up on every point, facing out to sea.
他们在沿岸设立枪哨站
And they set gun positions all along the coast.
把根西岛变成一座堡垒
Turned Guernsey into a fortress.
或说是监狱
Or a prison.
你们被关在这里
You were locked up here.
他们和我们一起关在这里
They locked themselves in with us too.
只有心地残酷的人 才会在这么美丽的
Well, it would take someone cruel to build anything this ugly
地方建造如此丑陋的东西
as these in such a beautiful place.
不是德军建造的 他们只负责设计
They didn’t build them,the Germans.They only designed them.
那么是谁呢?
Who, then?
所谓的托德公♥司♥工人
Todt workers, they were called.
他们是奴隶,有成千上百人
They were slaves, thousands of them.
被德国从波兰,苏俄送来的劳动工人
Sent by the Reich, for labor, from Poland, Russia.
日以继夜地工作
Worked all day and all night.
他们被关在畜牢里 饱受日晒之苦
They were kept in pens, with the sun beating down on them,
遭雨淋
the rain.
遭受禽兽不如的对待
You wouldn’t even treat animals like that.
岛上居民几乎饿死
We islanders almost starved.
但他们饿死了
But they did.
饥荒 致死
Starved. And died.
达西
Dawsey
我知道这不关我的事,可是
I know that this is none of my business, but
可以告诉我 伊丽莎白为何被送走吗?
can you tell me why Elizabeth was sent away?
发生了什么事?
What happened?
她协助某人
She helped someone.
就被逮捕了
And was arrested.
协助某人?
Helped someone?
你可知道她现在人在何处?
Well, do you have any idea where she is?
或是她从未捎音讯给你?
Or have you not even heard from her?
还需要什么其它的吗? 不,就这些,谢谢你
Anything else for you, mate? No, that’s all. Thank you.
哈喽 喔,朱丽叶
Hello. Oh! Juliet!
好个美妙的惊喜! 我以为你离开了
What a nice surprise! I thought you’d left.
没,还没 没有你的琴酒,我不打算离开
No, not quite yet. And sadly, not without some of your gin.

Ah.
我想带一点给我的朋友辛德尼
I wanted to get some for my friend, Sidney.
辛德尼?我就知道你有心上人
Sidney? See? I knew you had someone in your heart!
喔 我们刚认识时我就看出来了
Oh. I could tell it when we met.
不是刚认识见面的那一刻 而是之后,一种非常
Well, not right when we met, but shortly after. Such a

Oh!
强烈的感觉 你想辛德尼会喜欢哪种口味?
strong feeling.?What flavor do you think Sidney would like?
有哪些口味?
What are my choices?
我看看 有八角口味 飞燕草
Well, let’s see. We’ve got anise accented, delphinium dusted
伊索拉,这怎么可能合法呢?
Isola, how exactly is all this legal?
喔,我不确定是否合法
Oh, I’m not sure it is.
不过 巡警似乎挺喜欢的
But the the sergeant seems to like it.

Oh!
好香! 你想要吗?
Oh, yes! You want some?
我听说了伊丽莎白的事
I did hear about Elizabeth.
她遭逮捕
That she was arrested.
你想那就是艾蜜莉亚 不要我撰写读书会的原因?
Do you suppose that’s why Amelia didn’t want me to write about the society?
乖女孩
Good girl.
那和伊丽莎白有关系吗?
Is it to do with Elizabeth?
她到底帮了谁?
With who she helped?
你必须了解的一点是
The thing you need to understand
伊丽莎白就像是艾蜜莉亚的另一个女儿
is that Elizabeth is like another daughter to Amelia.
另一个女儿?
Another daughter?
艾蜜莉亚的女儿 珍 和伊丽莎白是知心手帕交
After Amelia’s daughter, Jane. She and Elizabeth were the best of friends.
伊丽莎白从前每年都从伦敦过来玩 打从孩提时期开始
Elizabeth used to visit every summer from London, since she was a girl.
那间是她的小屋
That’s her cottage over there.
她大可趁1940年的疏散活动离开 可是
She could have left in 1940, in the big evacuations, but
珍当时怀孕了
Jane was pregnant.
所以她便留下来
So she stayed.
为了珍,然后德军入侵 大家想离开都来不及了
For Jane. Then the Germans struck, and it was too late for everybody.
我就是在那里见到艾蜜莉亚和伊丽莎白
And that’s where I saw Amelia with Elizabeth.
在医院里
At the hospital.
珍在镇上遇到抱弹轰炸 引发了分娩
Jane had got caught in the bombing in town, and went into labor.
珍失去了宝宝
Jane lost the baby.
然后她们也失去了珍
And then they lost Jane.
让她去吧,让她去吧
Leave her. Leave her.
三天后德军进驻
The Germans came three days later.
我们在1918年击败他们
We beat them in ’18.
现在他们又再度现身
Here they are again.
我们怎么会任由这事发生?
How did we let this happen?
无♥耻♥!你们这些无♥耻♥家伙!
Shame! Shame on all of you!
伊丽莎白!
Elizabeth!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!