或许你想要收回它?
Or maybe you’d like to take it back.
我只想看你戴着
More than anything, I just want to see it on you.
就在我戴上的地方
Right here, where I put it.
除非你有事要跟我说
Unless there’s something you want to tell me.
很好
Good.
这是我来此的真正原因
Now, the real reason I came.
马克追踪到她在拉文吕布斯集中营
Mark was able to trace her to a camp in Ravensbruck.
拉文吕布斯在哪里?
Where’s Ravensbruck?
德国
Germany.
有目击证人见过她
There are witnesses who saw her.
他们当时在场
Who were there
即她死的那一天
the day she died.
他们可知道她怎么死的? 她遭枪杀
Do they know how she died? She was shot.
他们说她企图拯救一个女孩
They say she tried to save a girl
女孩遭殴打
who was being beaten.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
从警卫手中抢走棍棒 然后用棍棒打他
got the stick from the guard, and she struck him with it.
那女孩逃过一劫
The girl was spared.
但他们却杀死了伊丽莎白
But they killed Elizabeth instead.
我真的很遗憾
I’m so sorry.
你要去哪里,达西? 去告诉琪特
Where are you going, Dawsey? To tell Kit.
现在?
Right now?
你难道不想给自己机会考虑吗?
Don’t you want to give yourself a chance to think?
考虑什么? 你打算告诉她什么?
Think what? What will you tell her?
我来说,达西
I’ll do it, Dawsey.
我自己来 等一下
I will. Wait.
来啊
Come on.
来
Come.
她才四岁
She’s only four.
她能懂什么呢?
What can she understand?
我活了这么大把年纪
I’m older than time.
却什么都搞不懂
And I understand nothing.
啥都不懂!
Nothing!
该走了
It’s time to go.
我没办法一直拖延辛德尼和他的 书籍巡回宣传
It’s not like I can keep putting poor Sidney and his book tour off forever.
我总得回伦敦 还有你的马克
I have to get back to London sometime. Then there’s your Mark.
可别白白浪费掉了
Wouldn’t want him to go to waste.
是啊
No.
你懂的
You see.
这里没有值得你留恋的?
There’s nothing to keep you here?
没有
No.
我的人生在伦敦
My life’s in London.
是啊,没错
Yes, it is.
一旦你离开之后 感觉将会很孤单
I’m afraid how lonely it’s going to feel now, when you’re gone.
失去朋友的感觉真糟 特别是根本没什么朋友
It’s terrible to lose a friend when you don’t have many.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很抱歉,艾蜜莉亚
I’m so sorry, Amelia.
再见,小姐 继续读你的吉卜林
Goodbye, miss. Keep going with the Kipling.
再见!
Goodbye!
我会想念你的
I’ll miss you.
我会想念你们大家
I’ll miss all of you.
这是你的
This is yours.
我要你留下它
I’d like you to keep that.
朱丽叶,我上飞机了
Juliet, I’ll be on board.
亚当斯先生,很高兴认识你
Mr. Adams, nice to meet you.
拜,朱丽叶 拜,琪特
Bye, Juliet. Bye, Kit.
琪特
Kit.
我们还是会继续通信,是吧? 是的,当然
We’ll still write to each other, right? Yes, of course.
再见
Goodbye.
多谢你过来,史塔克先生
Thank goodness you’re here, Mr. Stark.
可怜的东西,她都不进食 安静得不得了
Poor thing. She’s not eating, and she’s as quiet as a mouse!
我看我能帮上什么忙
Well, let’s see what we can fix.
我跟你说,
I can tell you,
死寂比打字声还要可怕 嗯
the silence is worsethan the typing ever was. Hmm.
你必须撰写他们
You have to write about them.
我没办法 我答应过不写的
I can’t. I promised I wouldn’t.
我知道,朱丽叶 但这是你该说的故事
I realize that, Juliet. But this is your story to tell.
这是不容改变的事实 你不写就无法走出来
As sure as I’m sitting here. And you will not be right until you do.
伊丽莎白身负使命 非得遵从她的心行事不可
Now, Elizabeth, for better or worse, couldn’t help but?follow her heart.
你也必须如此
You must do the same.
我害怕
I’m afraid.
万一我不够好呢?
What if I’m not a good enough writer?
她怀疑了
She doubts.
她不相信
She doesn’t believe.
她渴望能被人认真看待 然后机会来了,她却不把握
She craves being taken seriously, but then, she won’t do that for herself.
我认为你比自己所知还要优秀
I think you’re better than you yet know.
身为你许许多多年的
And as your friend of many, many
老友
many years
我看过你努力争取自己想要的
I’ve seen you reach for what you want.
你有那份勇气
You have that courage.
你的样子好美
You look absolutely ravishing.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们
We
需要好好庆祝
need to celebrate.
敬我们
To us.
朱丽叶,怎么了?
Juliet, what is it?
马克 对不起
Mark I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
好的,我是错在
OK, is my mistake
太快把你带回来
bringing you back too quickly?
还是当初让你去根西岛?
Or letting you go to Guernsey at all?
我当初不该让你离开我的视线
I should have never let you out of my sight.
我想我迟早在这里会发现自己的
I think I would have found myself here sooner or later.
即便我哪都没去
Even if I’d gone nowhere.
我很抱歉,马克
I am sorry, Mark.
请问你曾经爱过我吗?
May I ask if you ever loved me?
我热爱我们相处的时光
I loved our time together,
我仍非常在乎 那是两码子事,是吧?
and I still truly care Not really the same thing, is it?
我感觉很糟 我真的非常抱歉
I feel terribly. Well, I am really sorry about that.
马克,我知道你现在对我非常不满
Mark, as unhappy with me as you are right now,
我知道你跟我结婚并不能让你快乐
I know being married to me would not have made you very happy.
请你别再说什么会让我快乐
I’d rather you not tell me
我比你更清楚什么事会让我快乐
what would make me happy. I got a better beat on that than you.
你值得有人能与你分享那种感觉
And you deserve someone who can share that.
能分享你可以给出的所有美妙事物
Who can share every wonderful thing you have to offer.
你值得更好的
You deserve better.
我值得比我得到更好的
Well, I deserve better than I got.
这我能跟你确定
I’ll give you that.
那你会得到的
And you will have it.
我想我会的,但不在此处 晚安
I’m sure I will, but not at this table. Good night.
再见,马克
Goodbye, Mark.
再见,朱丽叶
Goodbye, Juliet.
打字纸
根西岛文学与土豆皮馅饼俱乐部
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
哇!书名这么绕口
Crikey! That’s quite a mouthful.
没有作者 没有
No author. No.
反正你也无权出版
You can’t ever publish it anyway.
你需要获得出版同意 我给不了
You’d need permission and it’s not mine to give.
这只是给你看的
This is just for you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
不过 嗯?
But Hmm?
我可以为你写另一本书
I will write you another book.
搞不好之后再写一本
Possibly another after that.
这么说让我非常开心
This makes me excessively happy to hear.
局势有了开端,辛德尼
Something’s opened up, Sidney.
行动让我激起了渴求更多的欲望
Somehow, the doing has given me a tremendous appetite for more.
所以我要谈点公事
Which brings me to a business question.
公事?很好
Business? Good.
我洗耳恭听
I’m all ears.
我是否还有
Have I still got
一点钱呢?