没接吗? 没
Not picking up? No.
他没留言? 没,抱歉,晚点再打吧
He left no message? No, sorry. We’ll try again later.
喔 不了
Oh, no.
不用,没关系
No, it’s all right.
只是
Just
他若再打来 告诉他我在报社
If he calls back, let him know I’m over at the newspap
艾宾?
Eben? Mmhm?
我可以问你一下 那个男人是谁吗?
I hope you don’t mind me asking, but who is that man
一副鬼头鬼脑的样子 那个?
that’s always skulking about? That one?
和达西截然不同
He steers a wide path of Dawsey.
是啊,我想也是
Yeah, I shouldn’t wonder.
他是艾迪弥尔斯
That’s Eddie Meares.
告密伊丽莎白的人
The fellow who informed on Elizabeth.
告密伊丽莎白?
Informed on Elizabeth?
其中一个告密者
Among others.
女士们
Ladies.
战争时,他赚了不少 但现在他正付出代价
He profited nicely during the war, but he’s paying the price now.
瞧瞧他
Look at him.
他就是达西攻击的那个人
He’s the man Dawsey attacked.
那场面让人看了好爽
Oh, that was a beautiful thing to see.
应该出♥售♥门票赚一笔
Should’ve sold tickets.
沉住气,小子
Steady, lad. Steady.
新夹克啊,艾迪?
New jacket, Eddie?
你自己也不赖嘛
You’re doing all right for yourself.
生意好,没办法 艾迪,你做啥生意?
Can’t help if business is good. Oh, Eddie, what business is that?
那件夹克应该是 用伊丽莎白·麦肯纳的皮做的
I’d say that jacket’s made of Elizabeth McKenna’s hide.
那关你们啥事?
And what business would that be of any of yours?
那下♥贱♥女人甚至不是这里的人
That Jerry-Bag wasn’t even from here.
当初他们没把她的小杂种 一起送走真可惜啊
It’s just too bad they didn’t ship her wee bastard off with her.
你才是杂种,弥尔斯!
You’re the bastard, Meares!
还是我搞错了,亚当斯? 或许你和你的损友一起分享她
Or did I get it wrong, Adams? Maybe you shared her with your nasty friend
算了,达西!
Leave it, Dawsey!
他们必须判他三个星期 但他只坐了一星期牢
They had to give him three weeks, but he only served one.
若可以的话,我愿意替他坐牢
I’d have done it for him, if I could.
可是那家伙
But that one
他现在只剩下自己一个人
he has to live with himself now.
愿上帝帮助他
God help him.
为什么琪特和你住? 而不是和艾蜜莉亚或…
Why does Kit live with you, rather than Amelia or…
因为伊丽莎白把她交给我
‘Cause Elizabeth left her with me.
为什么?
Why?
达西
Dawsey
究竟发生什么事?
what happened?
小猪!
Piggies!
那天晚上她跑来 也就是她被逮捕的那个晚上
She came to the house that night, the night she was arrested.
有一个奴隶劳工,一个小男孩
One of the slave workers, a boy
脱逃了
had escaped somehow.
她发现了他
She’d found him.
他受伤了
He was hurt.
病了
Sick.
需要帮忙
Needed help.
所以她便把琪特带过来
So she brought Kit.
要我看顾她
Would I watch her
好让她去买♥♥医疗物品
while she went for supplies?
宵禁之后不能随便到处乱跑!
You can’t go running around the island after curfew!
我别无选择
I don’t have a choice.
你当然可以选择!你有一个选择 你身负一个责任
Of course you do! You have a choice! You have a responsibility!
不行!你不能把她留在这里
I won’t do it. You can’t leave her here.
你有面包吗? 带她去艾蜜莉亚或伊索拉那里!
Do you have any bread? Take her to Amelia or Isola.
我只去20分钟 你有面包吗?
I will be gone for 20 minutes. Do you have any bread?
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
因为当我需要时 你给了我你最后一块面包
Because you give me the last piece of bread when I ask.
所以我才放心把她交给你
That is why I trust her to you.
伊丽莎白!
Elizabeth!
伊丽莎白! 达西,回去!看好她!
Elizabeth! Dawsey, go back! Watch her!
你别冒风险!太危险了! 你有孩子啊!
You can’t risk it! It’s too dangerous! You have a child!
这也是某个人的孩子
This is someone’s child too.
我若不救,如何面对他母亲?
How could I look his mother in the eye if I didn’t help?
你不会有机会见到她!
You will never meet her!
我若不帮他,他会没命 你要我怎么样?
If I don’t help him, he will die. What would you have me do?
视而不见吗? 是的!
Look the other way? Yes! Please.
求求你! 我做不到!
I can’t. Please.
我去!告诉我你需要从医院拿什么 我去拿!
I’ll go. Tell me what you need from the hospital, and I’ll get it.
他们不会让你进去的 我马上回来,很快的
They’ll never let you in. I’ll be back. Two shakes of a lamb’s tail.
他在路边遭射杀身亡
They shot him by the side of the road.
他们逮捕了伊丽莎白
And they arrested Elizabeth.
我当时应该把她钉在地板上的
I should have nailed her to the floor.
但我让她去了
But I let her go.
那不是你的错
It’s not your fault.
是的 达西
It is. Dawsey
那不公平
it’s not fair.
她做出的选择
The choice she made
对琪特,对你
to Kit, to you.
让你自己一个人扶养那孩子
Raising this child, all by yourself.
可是我…我爱她
But I…I love her.
起床喽!
Rise and shine!
我爱琪特
I love Kit.
你爱伊丽莎白吗?
Do you love Elizabeth?
朱丽叶!
Juliet!
马克?马克!
Mark? Mark!
马克!你跑来做什么?
Mark! What are you doing here?
嗨! 哈喽! 你好吗?
Hi!Hello! How are you doing?
马克·雷诺斯
Mark Reynolds.
达西·亚当斯
Dawsey Adams.
你就是那个写信的猪农? 爱书藏书人?
You’re the letterwriting pig farmer? Fellow bibliophile?
很高兴见到你
It’s good to meet you.
希望我没打断任何事 你跑来做什么?
I hope I’m not intruding. What are you doing here?
你若再问我一次的话 我会觉得自己不受欢迎
If you ask me that again, I’m gonna feel a little unwelcome.
我想念你,希望那理由足够
I missed you. I hope that’s enough.
太足够了!
More than enough!
我只是很惊讶!
I’m just surprised!
如此而已 我昨天试图打电♥话♥给你
That’s all. Well, I tried to call you yesterday.
我便想,何不搭上飞机
I thought, you know, why not hop on a flight,
亲自过来瞧瞧这里究竟有多迷人
come see what’s so fascinating here for myself.
我现在有点概念了
I have some idea now.
这是一座美丽岛屿
You know, it’s a beautiful island.
就是少了一家体面的花店
It’s just lacking a proper florist.

Oh!
远从伦敦运来的 马克,这些花好美
All the way from London. Mark, they’re beautiful!
谢谢你
Thank you.
当我的私人导游如何?
How about a private tour?
好的!
Yes!
当然
Absolutely.
很高兴认识你 是啊
Nice to meet you. Yes.
看到那间绿色房♥子? 那是伊索拉的房♥子
You see the one with the greenhouse? That’s Isola’s.
我过去这星期就住在那里
That’s where I’ve been staying this past week.
看到了吗?有花♥园♥的那间
Do you see it? It’s the one with the garden.
我给你的戒指掉了吗?
Have you lost the ring I gave you?
没有
No, I haven’t.
你是否改变心意?
Have you changed your mind?
没有 那你为何没戴呢?
No. Then why aren’t you wearing it?
因为我怕会弄丢
Because I am afraid of losing it.
我觉得那戒指应该很贵 我想要好好保管它
I can only imagine what it cost. And I wanted to keep it safe.

And I
我告诉你实话好了 那就太好了
I’ll tell you the truth. That would be great.
我感觉我
I feel like I’m
好像戴着黄金头冠到处招摇一样 你明白我的意思?
lording about with a great gold crown on my forehead. Can you understand that?
我所经历的好运 感觉好像
My good fortune feels
在这里感觉好像一种阴谋
It feels so conspicuous here.
根西这里不时兴戴黄金头冠?
I take it gold crowns aren’t the fashion on Guernsey?
或许在猪圈戴着不合适?
Or maybe just not on pig farms.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!