对不起 我在电影院
I’m sorry. I was at the movies.
你去了电影院? – 是的 和罗丝一起
You went to the movies? Yes, with Rose.
就是想散散心
It was nice to get out.
那你为什么要关机?
Well, how could you turn your phone off?
就那么两个小时
Grace, it was only a couple of hours.
两个小时内什么都可能发生
But anything can happen in a couple of hours. Anything.
你在超♥市♥里怎么了?
What happened at the grocery store?
看的是喜剧片 你笑了吗?
Was it a funny movie? I mean, did you laugh?
还是个悲剧 那你哭了吗?
Or was it sad? Did you cry?
真是受够了
Ouch.
我告诉过你 可你就是不听
I’m warning you. Don’t start with that.
我只想知道你在超♥市♥里到底怎么了?
I just wanna know what happened at the grocery store. That’s all.
我有个好主意 你不如和罗丝一起去巴黎
Well, I’ve got an idea for you. Why don’t the two of you, you and Rose,
或者去罗马浪漫浪漫 没必要在这儿受罪
go off to Paris or Rome or somewhere really romantic and just get a vacation from all this death?
这不公平
Hey, hey. That’s not fair.
你知道什么是不公平吗?
No, you know what’s not fair?
你可以和她去看电影
It’s not fair that you can go to the movies with her
可我却拿不起来本内特爱吃的麦片
and I can’t even pass Bennett’s favorite cereal.
不要这样 不要这样啊
Just don’t… don’t do this.
你要干什么 不要 不要
Allen! Where are you going? No No
对不起 对不起
I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
对不起 对不起啊
I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.
真是对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起 对不起啊
I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
对不起啊 真是对不起
I’m so sorry. I really am sorry.
我爱你 我爱你
I love you. I love you.
格蕾丝 我爱的只有你 你知道吗?
Grace, I love you and no one else. Do you understand me?
对不起 真是对不起
I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I was gone so long.
我终于回来了 怎么又是这样
But I’m back now. And, oh, wonderful. Look.
这些人连简单的要求都做不到
They can’t even follow the simplest instructions.
还要告诉你们多少次 他需要光线
How many times have I told them that you need the light?
现在好了 我们接着读吧
But okay. Enough of that. Let’s read our Ellison again.
连读到哪儿都忘了
I don’t even remember where we are.
是第七章 还是第八章?
Is it the seventh or the eighth chapter?
我来看看 是第八章
Let’s see. Eighth chapter.
我们一定要完成夏天的读书计划 这是第一本
You know, we’re gonna finish this whole summer reading list, which is a first.
高中毕业的人是不会输给大学生的
And I gotta tell you that the high-school one is much more boring than the college.
好了 从哪里开始读
Okay. Where were we? Let’s see.
他开始进入梦乡…
“He started toward me as in a dream,
巨大的时针指向台阶的方向
trembling like the needle of one of the gauges as he pointed toward the stairs, his voice shrieking.
他的声音很奇怪 眼前的东西似乎也不合乎…
I stared. Something seemed to have gone wrong.
我的… 反应…你知道吗?
My reflexes”… You know,
艾伦不会总是那样的 判断不能草率
Allen… he hasn’t always been like this.
他其实是个很不错的人
I don’t want you to judge him. He’s actually a very kind man.
你见到了他 就会知道的
And you would see that if you met him.
他不会爱上别人的 永远不会的
He’s never loved anyone less than he should. Never.
我就是想让你知道
I want you to know that.
那是我们必然要经历的 不过是暂时的
It’s just a phase. It’s a phase that we’re going through. That’s all.
我们还是接着读吧
Just like any other.
那是什么 我结结巴巴地…
“‘What’s the matter? ‘, I stammered, my voice low and my”…
交给你们了 – 发生了什么事?
He’s all yours. Wait, what’s going on?
等等 怎么了? – 他要换地方了
Wait a minute. What?- Mr. Walker’s being moved.
去哪里?
What? Where? Why?
沃克被捕了
We’re taking him to County Hospital,
他要被转去市立医院 24小时都有人监视
where there’s 24-hour security. Mr. Walker has warrants out for his arrest.
这肯定是搞错了 – 不会有错的
Must be a mistake. – There is no mistake. Stop it!
那他的东西怎么办?
What about all his things? You… You…
那面的人会料理的
He’s not gonna need any of his things where he’s going.
他得不到帮助会很很恐怖的
He’s gonna be so terrified if he wakes up and doesn’t have his…
这么个半死的人会对你有什么用?
What do you think this kind of man is gonna add to your life?
就是他醒了 也会被送进监狱的
The minute he wakes up, if he wakes up, he’s being shipped straight to Rikers.
那你也要去看他吗?
Are you gonna visit him there, too?
我觉得格蕾丝可能有了外遇
I think Grace might be having an affair.
不会的
No.
就是有我也不会责备她的
I wouldn’t blame her if she was.
我觉得她不会的
I don’t think she would do that.
可我曾经有过一次
I did. I had one.
我只是想知道她爱不爱我
I needed to know that she loved me.
我累了 我的整个生活紧张得就像
Our entire married life, I’ve always felt like…
我的第一次约会
we were on our first date.
我从来也没有解脱过
I never deserved her.
从来也没有
Never.
你想和我去一个聚会吗?
Do you want to go to a party with me?
很刺♥激♥的哦
There’s three kegs.
我不应穿这个来
I don’t think I’m dressed for this.
不用担心 没人会在意的
Oh, don’t worry. These people are pretty nonjudgmental.
天啊 太可爱了
Oh, my God! You’re huge!
真没想过你会舒展成这样
I didn’t think it was possible for you to stretch like that.
谢伊 这是艾伦 艾伦 这是谢伊
Shea, this is Allen. Allen, this is Shea.
你好 – 很高兴认识你
Hi. How are you? Hi. Nice to meet you.
等等 你们穿成这样
Wait. You guys did realize this was a “Wear Something
是不是不想让人知道你们来参加这样的聚会?
You’d Never Be Caught Dead In” party, right?
没有了 我这样只能穿格蕾丝的衣服
No. But I’m wearing Grace’s old maternity clothes, so that kinda works out.
那你呢? – 我们进去吧
And you? – This is it.
不过看上去也很完美
Well, you’re actually kind of perfect, so…
进来吧
Come on in. Come in.
我死时也要自己是裸体的
I wouldn’t be caught dead naked! Yeah!
你是不是怀孕了?
Hey, um, are you a pregnant teen or something?
是的 没错
Yeah, I am.
你是不是无家可归 在立交桥下有了个孩子
Do you live under a freeway and are gonna have a homeless baby
然后用他来赚钱?
and use it to raise more money?
没有 就是怀孕了
No, I’m just a regular pregnant teen.
太好了
Oh. Right on!
我死时会有个婴儿诞生啊
I wouldn’t be caught dead having a baby!
不介意我坐得离你们近一点吧?
Hey, is it okay if I just come a little closer?
不知你们有没有兴趣 我要告诉你们些事
Sit next to you guys for a second? I just… I gotta tell you something.
哥们 我平时抽两口
Dude, I’m on acid.
我在游荡
I’m trippin’, y’all.
然后跟布兰妮说 我在游荡啊 知道吗?
That’s the way Britney Spears would say it. -She’d be like, “I’m trippin’, y’all. ”
我们还是到别处坐吧
We can go somewhere else. – Yeah.
不要 不要 说几个你们熟悉的东西
No, wait, wait. Dude, wait. Stay.Say something familiar, man, please.
我能看到太多的孤魂野鬼
I’m just seeing too many ghosts.
薯片
French fries.
棉球
Mr. Bubble.
猴子
Monkeys.
你宁愿揪掉蛋也不想和人分享生日蛋糕 不错吧?
The ones that rip your balls off for not sharing birthday cake, or the nice ones?
不错啊
No. The nice ones.
孩子啊 快长大吧
“Go, baby, go. ”
你在干什么? – 人们在我肚子上留言
What’d you do? People signed my belly.
甜蜜的时光啊
It seemed sweet at the time.
美好的夏天 要出生的孩子
“Have a great summer. Good luck with the new kid. ”
你从没经历过这些
I was never into yearbooks.
你要留言吗? – 好啊
Do you want to sign? Um… all right.
你和格蕾丝多说说他也许会好一些
Don’t you think it might just be easier if you talked about it with Grace?
闸门紧锁啊
Floodgates.
真不知怎么才能打开它啊
I don’t know what I’d do if they opened.
那我跟你讲一个他的故事
I’ll talk about someone, but it’ll really be him.
你为什么要这么做?
Why would you do that?
我现在就告诉你为什么
Because there are things I need to tell you.
能遇见这个男孩
I knew this boy.
是我生命中最美好的事情
He was really wonderful to me.
能接受吧?
Is that okay?
可以
Yes.
我第一次遇见他的时候 是在一年级的语文课上
The first time I saw him was in freshman English.
他在第一天上课时 戴了一顶棒球帽子
He wore a baseball hat on the first day of school,
老师让他摘下来 他的头发乱得就像是鸡窝
and our teacher made him take it off. And his hair was all pasted on top of his head.
他朝我傻笑 我帮他整了整
And he smiled at me while he tried to fix it.
然后我们相互对视了一会儿
We watched each other after that.
我觉得我早就认识他似的
And I started to feel like I knew him.
学校登记簿上有他的照片 可我是用心记住了他的模样
I looked at his yearbook picture so often, I knew his face by heart.