It’s not like the circus.
不能弄虚作假
You can’t just fake it.
她不能放弃 不行 她就是…
She can’t quit. No. No, I mean, she just–
她就是觉得跟其他姑娘合不来
She just feels out of place with the other girls.
那最好了
Well, I should certainly hope so.
我这辈子从没见过那么多自命不凡的小公主
I’ve never seen so many little prima Donnas in my life.
是啊 但那些小公主
Yes, but those prima Donnas
是现在对她最重要的人
are the most important thing in the world to her right now.
她会像我当初一样 学会无视她们的
She’ll learn to ignore them, just like I did.
她不该有这个必要
She shouldn’t have to.
纽约上流社会永远不会接受我们
New York society will never accept us.
否则 他们还得停止对人评头论足
If they did, they’d have to stop judging
而是真去干点实事
and actually do something with their lives.
这不是为了我
This isn’t about me.
那么跟其他的一切不一样咯
So it’s different than everything else then?
我就是希望她能以自己的身份 自己的家庭为傲
I just want her to be proud of who she is, of her family.
她是的
She is proud.
我们不非得变成卡莱尔一家
We don’t have to be the Carlyle’s.
卡莱尔先生 这部剧是你制♥作♥的
Mr. Carlyle. You produced this play?
是的
Yes I did, indeed.
前门售票处可退款
Refunds are available at the front box office.
-PT·巴纳姆 -马戏团那个
– P.T. Barnum. – From the circus?
是的 你去过吗
Yes. You’ve been?
当然没有
God, no.
但我看到了你的顾客
But I have seen the crowds.
看完你表演的人比进门之前要开心多了
People leave your shows a great deal happier than when they came in.
我的戏剧可就没有同样的效果了
Which is much more than I can say for my play.
但你不愁卖♥♥不出票
And yet, you have no trouble selling tickets.
那是因为我卖♥♥的是美德
That’s because I’m selling virtue.
我能请你喝一杯吗
Can I buy you a drink?
我想争取上流社会的观众
I wanna go after the carriage trade.
呈现货真价实的表演 增加我们的卖♥♥点
Present legitimate acts, expand our appeal,
争取那些势利眼
go after the snobs.
要是你知道他们多让人受不了
If you only knew how suffocating they are.
那来我们马戏团吧
So come join the circus.
你显然在做表演方面颇有天赋
You clearly have a flair for show business.
教我怎么吸引知识分子
Teach me how to appeal to the highbrows.
你说真的吗
Are you serious?
巴纳姆先生 我不能就这么跑去加入马戏团
Mr. Barnum, I can’t just run off and join the circus.
有何不可 听上去不是挺刺♥激♥的
Why not? Sounds thrilling, doesn’t it?
这么说吧 我觉得
Lets just say that I find it
远远欣赏你的表演要更惬意
much more comfortable admiring your show from afar.
惬意 那是进步的敌人
Comfort, the enemy of progress.
你知道吗 光是跟你扯上关系
Do you understand that just associating with you
我就可能失去继承权
could cost me my inheritance.
我觉得应该不止
It could cost you more than that.
你会赌上一切
You would be risking everything.
但话说回来
But, on the other hand, well,
你或许终于能获得解脱
you just might find yourself a free man.
此地 此时
Right here, right now
我向你发出邀请
I’ve put the offer out
我不想追着求你
I don’t wanna chase you down
我知道你也心里有数
I know you see it
你跟我♥干♥
You run with me
我就能帮你解脱
And I can cut you free
跳出那无聊苦闷的高墙
Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in
抛下一成不变 换来多姿多彩
So trade your typical for somethin’ colorful
就算这是发疯 那也不如过把瘾
And if it’s crazy, live a little crazy
你可以遵循理智 恪守传统
You can play it sensible, a king of conventional
也可以赌上一把 看看结果如何
Or you can risk it all and see
你难道就不想摆脱桎梏自己的固定角色
Don’tchu wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play
因为我正有你缺的
‘Cause I got what you need
跟我来 过把瘾
So come with me and take the ride
我带你去体验另一种生活
It’ll take you to the other side
你可以继续走你的老路
‘Cause you can do like you do
也可以试试我的法子
Or you can do like me
可以留在牢笼里 也可以终于拿来钥匙
Stay in the cage, or you finally take the key
哎呦喂 这下你便能自♥由♥飞翔了
Oh, damn! Suddenly you’re free to fly
我带你去体验另一种生活
It’ll take you to the other side
行了 朋友 你想拉我入伙
Okay, my friend, you wanna cut me in
真是抱歉 但那不可能的
Well I hate to tell you, but it just won’t happen
多谢好意 但还是算了
So thanks, but no
我过得好好的
I think I’m good to go
我很喜欢你所谓困住了我的生活
‘Cause I quite enjoy the life you say I’m trapped in
我倒是钦佩你 还有你的那套表演
Now I admire you, and that whole show you do
你是有点本事 这我承认
You’re onto somethin’, really it’s somethin’
但我可是上流人士 我们不用捡花生壳
But I live among the swells, and we don’t pick up peanut shells
收拾卫生什么的 还是留给你好了
I’ll have to leave that up to you
你难道就不知道我对自己的高贵角色并无不满
Don’tchu know that I’m okay with this uptown part I get to play
因为我不缺什么
‘Cause I got what I need
也不想去过什么瘾
And I don’t wanna take the ride
我不需要体验另一种生活
I don’t need to see the other side
你大可继续你的法子
So go and do like you do
我还是走我的老路
I’m good to do like me
根本不是牢笼 需要什么钥匙
Ain’t in a cage, so I don’t need to take the key
哎呦喂 没看到我这混得挺好吗
Oh, damn! Can’tchu see I’m doing fine
我不需要体验另一种生活
I don’t need to see the other side
你真就想如此度过一生吗
Now is this really how you’d like to spend your days?
借酒消愁 消遣应酬
Whisky, misery and parties and plays?
我要是跟你扯上关系 会被推上风口浪尖
If I were mixed up with you, I’d be the talk of the town
名誉扫地 失去身份 沦为一介小丑
Disgraced and disowned, another one of the clowns
但你会终于能享受生活 开心欢笑
But you would finally live a little, finally laugh a little
只要允许我给你做梦的自♥由♥
Just let me give you the freedom to dream and it’ll
我就能唤醒你 让你不再痛苦
Wake you up and cure your aching
拆掉你的围墙 让它们崩塌
Take your walls and start ’em breaking
我觉得这笔买♥♥卖♥♥ 你可不亏
Now that’s a deal that seems worth taking
但拿主意什么的 还是留给你好了
But I guess I’ll leave that up to you
这是有点意思 但答应下来可是代价高昂
Well it’s intriguing, but to go would cost me greatly
那么我能拿到表演几成的利润呢
So what percentage of the show would I be taking?
好吧 你当然会想分一杯羹啦
Well, fair enough, you’d want a piece of all the action
我给你7% 咱们握个手就算成了
I’d give you seven, we could shake and make it happen
我可不是三岁小孩 18%我可以接受
I wasn’t born this morning, eighteen would be just fine
你干脆说每挣一毛你要拿一双五分好了
Why not just go ahead and ask for nickels on the dime
15%
Fifteen
我可以给8%
I’d do eight
12%
Twelve
9%勉强可以
Maybe nine
10%
Ten
先生 看来你现在有新合伙人了
Sir, it looks like you have yourself a junior partner.
我是有了个贵得要死的学徒
What I have is an overcompensated apprentice.
你难道就不想换个新角色演演试试
Don’tchu wanna get away to a whole new part you’re gonna play
因为我正有你缺的
‘Cause I got what you need,
跟我来 过把瘾
So come with me and take the ride
去体验另一种生活
To the other side
如果你来试试我的法子
So if you do like I do
如果你来走走我的路
So if you do like me
管他什么牢笼 我们自有钥匙
Forget the cage, ’cause we know how to make the key
哎呦喂 这下我们便能自♥由♥飞翔了
Oh, damn! Suddenly we’re free to fly
我们要去体验另一种生活
We’re goin’ to the other side
如果你来试试我的法子
So if you do like I do
体验另一种生活
To the other side
如果你来走走我的路
So if you do like me
去体验另一种生活
Goin’ to the other side
这样一来 我们就能去体验另一种生活
‘Cause if you do we’re goin’ to the other side
我们要去体验另一种生活
We’re goin’ to the other side
那是谁
Who is that?
这后面可没人买♥♥帽子 去前面
No one’s buying hats back here. Get out front, go.
WD 安
W.D., Anne,
我想向你们介绍我新雇的人
I wanna introduce my newest hire,
菲利普·卡莱尔先生
Mr Philip Carlyle.
-认识你很高兴 -嗯 幸会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!