我觉得这一点也不搞笑 我唱歌♥的时候
Well, I don’t think it’s funny, and you should stop laughing
你们不应该笑的 因为…
when I’m singing because…
辛迪 你戴了很多手环啊
Cyndi, you have a lot of, uh, bracelets.
噢!是这个…
Oh! Is that…
噢 我的耳环
Oh, my earrings.
我完全没想到
That did not occur to me.
噢 对不起
Oh, sorry.
噢 我太有钱了
Oh, I’m loaded.
整件衣服都得脱了!
There goes the whole outfit!
不 对不起
No. I’m sorry.
原来是你们在聊 好吧
That’s the chatter. Okay.
原来是这个在说话
That’s the talking.
我们正需要那一刻的欢笑 这样大家才重新放松
We needed that little moment of laughter to bring us back down
才能度过了这最艰难的阶段
before we rounded that corner.
拿出同样的劲头来 休易 就在迈克尔之后
Do the same punch, though, Huey. Right after Michael.
噢 我音拖得太长了? -不 这样很好听
Oh, I hung over too much? – No! That’s gold. That’s gold.
录下来吗?
You got that?
终于录好了!
It was a take!
因为我把一辈子都献给了唱歌♥
Because I devoted my whole life to singing,
成为那些歌♥手中的一员
to be among those singers
真正成为他们社区中的一部分
and actually be a part of their community
让我太开心了
was otherworldly.
我们可以把雷的部分留出来吗?
If we leave Ray’s hole open.
对 他比我大很多 你知道的
Yes. He’s much older than me, you know.
剩下的就是 鲍勃·迪伦和布鲁斯的即兴表演
This left Bob Dylan and Bruce doing the ad-libs.
昆西称之为“正经即兴”
Quincy called it “serious fills.”
“我们现在要录正经即兴了”
Like, “We’re gonna do the serious fills now.”
稍微低一点
Bring it down a bit, Bob.
他来了 鲍勃·迪伦
Here he is, Bob Dylan.
调制前的那个 -对 什么… 嗯 好的
“There’s a choice we’re making.” – Yeah. But… Yeah. Okay.
他是个传奇 标志性的人物
He is a legendary, iconic symbol
无论对美国 还是全世界…
to Americans and the world…
请安静 来吧
Quiet, please. Here we go.
所以我们期待着 要发生一些神奇的事情了
…so we were expecting something amazing to happen.
好了
Okay.
可以 换一段音轨
You got it. On a different track.
好的 你再回放一遍
Okay, you just have… you have to run that…
好的 多放几次
Okay. Sure. – …back a lot of times.
我想他可能有点疑惑 因为看起来鲍勃…
I think he was a little confused because it just didn’t seem like Bob
好像不明白他到底要怎么唱
was understanding how he was supposed to sing, or…
他应该像合唱那样唱呢 还是唱自己鲍勃·迪伦的?
Is he supposed to be more like this chorus or more like Bob Dylan?
非常好 你跟着副歌♥一起唱非常好
That’s beautiful, and what’s nice is you singing along with the chorus too.
这是我们唯一加声部的地方 非常好
That’s the only time we do an octave. Like, that’s beautiful.
我就唱到“我”这里 对吧? -在”你与我“后
I get out right after “me,” right? -Just after “you and me.”
但你刚才在跟着合唱一起唱
The thing you were doing up there, singing along with the chorus.
”我们是神的孩子“ 非常好
“We are the children.” That’s nice, man.
昆西太棒了
Quincy was amazing.
好 -很美
Okay. – That’s beautiful.
制♥作♥音乐是件很有趣的事 你不能只是个伟大的音乐家
Production is interesting. You gotta be more than a great musician.
你还得像个心理医生一样
You gotta be like a psychiatrist.
他就是从这里开始 -史蒂夫 你能再放一遍吗?
That’s where he’s goin’ in on. – Stevie. Can… Can he play it one time?
帮助他找到自在的秘密特工 是史蒂夫·旺达
The secret agent to help him get comfortable was Stevie Wonder.
我们先在这里排练一下
We’re gonna rehearse it in here first.
史蒂夫非常擅长模仿
Stevie is an insanely great mimic.
史蒂夫学着迪伦的嗓音唱了起来
Stevie sang it ventriloquially in Dylan’s voice.
史蒂夫是那种能把通讯录唱好听的人
Stevie’s one of those guys, he can sing the phone book.
每次你在他身边 你就是遇上了天才
Anytime you’re around him, you’re around a genius,
而且他也很贴心
and he’s also very sweet.
干得好 鲍比
Here we go, Bobby.
我一定是在做梦 对吧?
Must be in a dream, huh?
到了这时候 房♥间里的人非常多
But at this point, there were a lot of people in the room.
照相师 还有其他人
Still photographers and others.
周围有这么多人 对鲍勃来说 不符合他平常的习惯
Having all these people around, for Bob, it’s not the way he normally works.
接下来 我们要做的是
Now, here’s what we’re gonna do!
我再说最后一次 与录音无关的人
One last time, if you’re not in Bob’s group recording,
请离开这个房♥间
please clear the room. Go.
接下来 就只有史蒂夫弹钢琴
Then it just became Stevie at the piano
迪伦在麦克风前 昆西在指挥台上
and Dylan at the microphone and Quincy at his podium.
好嘞 伙计 开始吧
All right, man, let’s do it.
太棒了!
Yes! Come on!
太棒了!
Yes! Yes! Ow!
抱歉 你成功了
I’m sorry. You did it.
刚才唱得不好 -我跟你说 我们成功了
That wasn’t any good. – I’m telling you, we got it.
好听极了
That was fantastic.
如果你非要这么说的话
If you say so.
我知道你明白的
I know you know.
我发誓 哥们 完美了
I swear it is, man. It’s perfect, man.
好的 -完美
All right. -Perfect.
斯普林斯汀进来 说:“很棒 迪伦”
Springsteen came in and said, “Nice, Dylan.”
管他叫迪伦
Called him “Dylan.”
我从小就听迪伦的歌♥
I’d listened to Dylan, you know, since I was a kid,
能在这里见到他 跟他交流一下 真的很棒
and it was great to see him there and have a little interaction with him,
太有意思了
so, uh, it was fun.
“我们正在做的选择”?
“The choice we’re makin’. We’re takin’ the… the…”
你说的是这部分吗?对
Is that the part you’re talking about? Great.
就是这里结束 对吧?
So this is… this is the end, right?
这里是…我们在最后? 这里是歌♥要结束的地方?
This is… We’re in the end? This is the end of the song, right?
对
Yeah. – Okay.
一、二
One, two.
斯普林斯汀的声音挺令人担忧的
There was very serious concern about Springsteen’s voice.
我先唱一点点 要是那什么 你就跟我说…
I’ll do a little bit. You tell me if it’s, you know…
听着 有点像是为合唱团当拉拉队
Listen. It’s like being a cheerleader to the chorus.
好的 -你明白我的意思吗?“加油!”
Okay. -Know what I mean? Say, “Come on!”
好嘞
All right. -Just get it on.
我才刚结束《生于美国》的巡演
I was just on the Born in the U.S.A. Tour.
我挺累的
I was pretty tired.
昆西 准备好了吗? -嗯
Quincy, you ready? – Mm-hmm. Yeah.
开始
Here we go.
但我就这样开始唱了…
But I just started singing.
我的声音不太行 但我尽力唱了
My voice was not great, but I sung as best as I could.
这样唱对吗?
Did I get it right there?
好 -像这样吗?
Okay. – Something like that?
就是这样 -好
Exactly like that. Exactly. Okay.
我们要再录一遍
We’re gonna redo that track.
好 开始 -就现在?
Okay, here we go. -Right here and now?
布鲁斯唱的就是布鲁斯的精髓
Bruce is just quintessentially Bruce on that thing.
听起来他的喉咙里像有碎玻璃似的
Sounds like he’s got broken glass in his throat.
谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
我唱得大汗淋漓
Broke a legitimate sweat, that did.
对 -他终于正式放假了
Yeah. Hell. -You’re officially on vacation.
我可以回家了吗? -你要放假了
I can go home? – You’re on vacation.
听起来真不错!
That sounds good!
我们录好了
We got it.
所有最难的部分都完成了
All the hard work is done.
结束的时候 我们都很兴奋
When it was over, we were exhilarated
当然也非常疲惫 我们整晚都没睡
and exhausted to be sure. We’d been up all night.
可即便在那时 当晚
But even then, on the evening,
我们都知道 我们完成了一件永世传唱的作品
you knew that we’d done something that was gonna live forever.
你唱得太棒了 -我们挺过来了
You killed it. And we… And we made it through.
可以吗?可以
Is it okay? – Yeah.
莱昂纳尔 每个人的独唱都很棒 完美
Lionel, we’ve got good solos from everybody. It was perfect.
这才是最重要的 我们也有同感
Okay, that’s the bottom line. We feel the same.
噢 太好了
Oh good.
试图让40个超级巨星 在同一时间同一地点聚在一起
Trying to get 40 superstars together in the same place at the same time
这是不可能的事 真的
is impossible really.
所以当斯普林斯汀突然说:
That’s why, all of a sudden, when Springsteen said,
“我的表演一结束 我就来加州…”
“Right after my show, I’m coming to California.”
保罗·西蒙说:“我在路上了”
Paul Simon, “I’m on my way.”
比利·乔尔:“我在路上了”
Billy Joel, “I’m on my way.”
鲍勃·迪伦…
Bob Dylan…