我能帮忙吗?然后你唱…
We’re far… We’re far apart. Can I help? Then you go…
然后你唱…
And you go… ♪ All ♪
那是我的部分
Ah, that’s my part. ♪ The greatest gift of… ♪
我知道 他在说要不要换一部分
He’s talking about switching parts. I think I can do it.
我想我可以的 我站后面唱得响一点就行
Switch parts with me? -Step back, sing louder.
轻声唱很难
Just hard to sing it soft.
当时已经凌晨四点了 而他们在唱最重要的部分
It was 4 a.m. and they’re singing their most important part.
所以你会有点烦躁 你肯定累了
So you’re gonna get a little testy. You’re gonna be a little tired.
在我的旋律之后 有一个奇怪的高音 你知道吗?
Gives me a weird jump, though, after my melody, you know?
在我的镜头中 他们块头非常大 因为我在从下往上拍 就在旁边
In my camera, they’re huge ’cause I’m just right there underneath ’em.
如果伸出手去 就能碰到他们
You could reach out, and you could touch that person.
他们离得很近
They’re just right there.
我是保罗·西蒙的超级粉丝
I was a big fan of Paul Simon.
他在这里 近在咫尺 就在我面前唱歌♥
Here he is, right here. He’s singing in my face.
肯尼·罗杰斯唱高音时
Kenny Rogers, when he hits that high note,
他的整张脸都会扭曲起来 “天呐 他真是…”
and he just squeezes his face up, it’s like, “God, he just…”
当时我心想:“真不敢相信有人出钱
At the time, I was thinking, “I can’t believe people are paying me
让我拍这么了不起的东西”
to shoot this incredible stuff.”
轮到狄昂·华薇克时 我们遇上了点技术上的小问题
Dionne Warwick’s turn was up, and we had a little technical problem.
是吗? -你听得到自己声音吗?
Yeah? – Are you hearing your own voice?
能听到
Yes.
她谁啊?把她赶出去
Indiana. Who is she? Get her outta here.
我们这边有点惊慌了
There was a little panic technically here.
回放里头出现了点噪音
We have some issue with some noise in the playback.
怎么也搞不定 我说:“无论怎样 我们必须修好”
At one point, I said, “Whatever it takes, we gotta get this shit going.”
我们必须把这个噪音移除
This is… We gotta take off again, no matter what.
还有吗? -对
Is it still there? – Yeah.
是哪里漏了吗? -有可能是某个麦克风
Suppose it’s leakage… – Could be someone else’s mic.
其他音轨都关掉
All the other tracks are off.
噢 这下真不好找借口了
Then there’s really no excuse for this.
我们把问题找出来 应该用我的录音室的
Find out what the problem is. – Shoulda used my studio.
我还能听到另一个声音
Still hearing the other voice.
抱歉 这是一个谜 -是鬼!
Sorry. It’s a mystery. – Ghosts!
你该打给谁? -捉鬼敢死队
So who you gonna call? – She… Ghostbusters!
艾克罗伊德在回音室里 -艾克罗伊德
Aykroyd’s in the echo chamber. – Aykroyd.
这让气氛紧张了起来
It kinda put a little tension.
没了
It’s gone. – Yay.
这次我们解决了
We found it that time whatever it was.
有点困难 但我们坚持按计划
It was a little tough, but we went right back into our plan,
把人声都录了下来
getting these vocals done.
到早上了 我们必须尽可能地准确
It’s getting to that time in the morning where we must be as accurate as possible.
开始
Here we go.
对
Yeah.
艾尔
Al.
唱到艾尔·贾诺时 他搞砸了
It goes all the way through to Al Jarreau, who messes up,
于是他们说:“不行” 从头再来一遍
and so they go, “Boom,” and so they start again.
艾尔·贾诺有点过头了
It’s Al Jarreau, he was a little over-the-top in… in the
在喝酒那方面
in the alcohol section.
对不起 -唉
I’m sorry. Oh man.
那是威利的
That’s Willie and me. – Right.
艾尔很有意思
Al was interesting.
好了 我必须告诉你艾尔搞笑的地方
Okay, I gotta tell you the funny part about Al.
艾尔想在我们完成歌♥之前庆祝一下
Al wanted to celebrate before we had done the song.
所以他一直在说:
He kept saying,
“再来一瓶酒来 我们要庆祝一下”
“Bring another bottle of wine in. We’re gonna celebrate.”
所以每当有一瓶酒进来时 我就会立刻把瓶子拿出去
So every time another bottle came in, I took the bottle back out.
史蒂夫 我们能先来键盘的部分吗?
Stevie, can we have the keyboard first.
我们还是先排练一下你那部分
We’re gonna have you rehearse that little part.
我们费了好大劲 才把艾尔的部分录下来
We had to work very hard to get Al’s part on
赶在他完全忘记自己要唱哪部分前
before Al couldn’t remember what his part was.
没错 对
Right. Yes.
对 又是我?
Right. Again for me?
放伴奏 -拜托了
Just play the track. – Please?
够了 这样就够了
That’s enough. As… As it was there, it’s enough.
每次倒带要花上五分钟
Every time they go back and rewind, it takes about five minutes.
所以每次倒带时 都会让气氛更紧张
So it’s like you create a real tension every time you rewind.
在布鲁斯·斯普林斯汀唱完后 我该怎么办?这真是…换了你会怎么做?
“What do I do after Bruce Springsteen?” It’s like… What would you do?
最后我选了比较甜美深情的唱法
And then I went for a sweeter kind of soul thing.
肯尼·罗根斯唱得很棒
Kenny Loggins was awesome,
然后到了史蒂夫·佩里 和达利尔·豪尔 那简直是:
and they got to Steve Perry and Daryl Hall, and it was like,
“我的天呐”
“Oh my God.”
好嘞!
All right! – Hey.
史蒂夫·佩里可会唱了!他的嗓音很好
Steve Perry can sing. He’s got that great voice,
能到山姆·库克的级别了
up in that Sam Cooke territory.
再给我来一遍 至少给我来两遍
Gimme another one. Gimme at least two more.
这帮家伙 已经把自己的部分唱了三四遍
These guys are getting three and four shots at their line.
与此同时 我还在后头 自己的部分连一遍都没唱呢
Meanwhile, I’m over here on the end, and I haven’t even sung my line yet,
我吓坏了
you know, and I’m freaked out.
我看这些人在唱着
I was watching all of these people singing.
我只是在努力让自己记得呼吸
I just was trying to remember to breathe.
我对昆西和翁贝托说:“下次如果有人搞砸了
I said to Quincy and Humberto, “Next time somebody screws up,
我们能不能继续唱下去 这样可以练习一下自己那句
can you just kinda keep goin’ so we can rehearse our lines?”
还有桥段?”
“And the bridge?”
他说:“对 好的 可以” 站在我旁边的迈克尔
And he goes, “Oh yeah, okay, cool,” and Michael, who was next to me,
也说:“这是个好主意” 我说“谢谢 迈克”
says, “That’s a good idea.” I said, “Thanks, Mike.”
想唱一下桥段吗? -你想唱桥段?
Go for the bridge now? – You wanna go bridge?
唱桥段 带我去桥段 -唱桥段
To the bridge. Take me to the bridge. – To the bridge.
桥段 -桥段
To the bridge. – The bridge.
好嘞 大家一起唱桥段
Everybody to the bridge.
好 休易 轮到你了
Okay, Huey. It’s your turn.
天啊 你已经准备好要回家了
Boy, you are effing ready to go home.
万一出了什么差错 继续下去
Just in case something might fuck up, and let it roll.
要知道 就只有一句 但我的腿都开始颤抖了
I mean, it was just one line, but my legs were literally shaking.
这段要和声吗?
Do you want that in harm… Do you want that last…
最后那句要和声吗?
Do you want that last one in harmony?
刚才太棒了 你们想加入她吗? 你们三个一起她唱…
That’s so good. You want to join her? The three of you join her on…
那样肯定很好听
That’d be real neat. – ♪ Stand together as one ♪
可接着 他们说:“跟辛迪和金唱和声”
But then they said, “Sing in harmony with Cyndi and Kim.”
小样里没有任何的和声部分
The demo didn’t have any harmony parts or any…
我必须现场编点东西出来
I’m gonna have to make something up here.
编出三声部的和声
Make up a three-part harmony
当着史蒂夫·旺达、雷·查尔斯 肯尼·罗金斯和达利尔·豪尔的面
in front of… …Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Kenny Loggins, Daryl Hall.
我应该唱什么?
What am I supposed to sing?
那可是相当让人紧张啊
That was very nerve-racking.
噢 我唱这里?
That’s where I am.
是在“团结”这里对吧? -对
It’s on “stand,” isn’t it? Yeah.
你的呢?你的呢 金?
What’s yours? What’s yours, Kim?
像这样吗?
♪ One ♪ Something like that?
我太累了 话也说不出来
I’m too burned out to tell anybody anything.
唱唱看
And just hit it.
我试试 对我来说太高了 但我可以试试
I’ll try it. It’s high for me, but I’ll try it.
我的错 有点跑调了 我唱得不够低
My fault. I was a bit out of tune. I didn’t go down.
我以为休易的脑袋都要炸掉了
I thought Huey was gonna blow his head off.
辛迪能唱很高的八度 可怜的休在拼了老命地唱
Cyndi can sing octaves, and poor Hugh was hangin’ on for dear life,
所以实在唱不了几次
so he couldn’t take too many of those.
我故意唱跑调 想看看有没有人注意到
I sang it out of tune just to see if anybody would notice.
辛迪唱得非常棒 但这时又出了问题
Cyndi absolutely killed that line, but there was something wrong.
休 听着 她唱歌♥的时候 会听到类似和声的东西
Dude, listen to it. There’s like harmonic things happening when she sings.
听起来就像在对话一样
It almost sounds like conversation.
他们一直在问:“那是什么声音?” “什么声音啊?”
They kept saying, “What’s that noise?” “What’s that noise?”
重放另一段的开头 然后…
Play back the first part of the other one, and then…
翁贝托说:
Humberto was going like,
“她的音轨上有太多噪音了” “到底怎么回事?”
“We have so much noise on her track. What is going on?”
麦克风没电了 你必须换掉
The mic is dying. You need to replace that mic.
不 这个麦克风美着呢
No, the mic is beautiful.
这个麦克风很美?
The mic is beautiful?
这个麦克风没问题
There’s nothing wrong with the mic.
这个麦克风很美!
The mic is beautiful.
听起来好像有人在说话
Sounds like people are talking.
或是在笑什么的 每次你开口唱
Or laughing or something. Every time you sing.