Where are you going, Harry? Sit down with me.
和我一起吃 放松一下自己
Eat with me. Enjoy yourself.
我来这是为了赢比赛
I came here to win a trophy.
也就是说 我和特德·雷能自己应对
On the face of it, Ted Ray or I should carry it off.
不是为了你 也不是为了英国
Not for you, not for England,
只是为了成为最好的那份荣誉 这就是我们打比赛的原因
but for bloody pride at being the best. That’s why we do this.
如果明天奥密特先生赢得比赛的话 那是因为他是最棒的
And if Mr. Ouimet wins tomorrow, it’s because he’s the best,
是因为他本人
because of who he is.
不管他父亲是谁 也不管他有没有钱
Not who his father was, not how much money he’s got,
只是因为他本人
because of who he bloody is!
我希望你记住
And I’II thank you to remember that.
我还要感谢你 做为一位绅士所应当表现出来的尊敬
And I’II thank you to show the respect a gentleman gives as a matter of course.
晚安
Good night.
你想他输掉 是吗
Do you want him to fail?
这样你才会安心 是吗
Is that the only satisfaction you can take from what he’s doin’?
难道你认为我会让他伤心
You think I want him to break his heart?
玛丽 如果他输了 你会怎么做
What will you do, Mary, when he fails?
到时候 你如何帮他
How will you help him then?
你所能做的只是鼓励他
AII you ever do is encourage him.
是的 我就是鼓励他
That’s right. I do encourage him.
他有天赋
He has a God-given talent,
这是他的一个机会 能展现他的才能
and this is his one chance to give a voice to it.
他只是想让你感到自豪
He’s just tryin’ to make you proud.
真难以置信 这个没有经过训练的男孩
“It seems impossible to believe that this untested boy
居然有希望 打败两位经验丰富的冠军选手
could hope to beat two seasoned champions.”
一个凡人对付两个巨人
One David against two Goliaths.
明天 在让人难以置信的场合
He’ll have to face Vardon and Ray alone,
他将独自面对瓦顿和雷
with a night to sleep on the incredible situation
他会发现一个非常不一样的自我
in which he so shockingly finds himself.
虽然
Although, I suspect,
我对他今天所表现出来的异常冷静 表示怀疑
from the unearthly calm he showed today,
但是他会睡得比平时都好
he will sleep better than most.
我不是很确定奥密特能赢
I am not certain I believe Ouimet can win,
我放弃去预测的想法
but I have given up all attempts at prophecy.
明天的比赛 我将公平对待
I will start tomorrow’s round with an open mind.
这将是最伟大的比赛
It should be the greatest game ever played.
美国公开赛 第三天 决赛
年轻人 我们得商量一下
Young man. We’ve been talking this over.
商量什么
T alking what over?
委员们认为 今天你会需要很多的帮助
The members feel you need as much help as you can get out there today.
-什么帮助 -依据规则
– What kind of help? – According to the rules,
只有你的球童能给你出主意
your caddie is the only person who can give you advice.
今天你需要一个 真正懂得我们的规则的人
You need someone with you today who really knows our course.
-是的 -埃迪做得很好
– Exactly. – Eddie’s doin’ a great job for me.
天哪 奥密特
For God’s sake, Ouimet!
这可是美国公开赛
This is the U.S. Open,
不是低级的俱乐部赛
not some junior club championship.
在和我谈之前 你跟埃迪说了这件事情吗
You told Eddie this before talking to me?
你不用向那种孩子解释
Oh, you can’t reason with a boy Iike that.
我们会让他退出 并给他一笔钱
We’II take up a collection for him and pay him handsomely.
他的家人应该会需要
I understand his family could use it.
不要让他们这么做 弗朗西斯
Don’t Iet ’em do it, Francis!
你确定吗 你知道的 我可没有钱给你 埃迪
Is it true? You know I can’t pay you, Eddie.
我不会为了10元钱来做的 我也不会为了100元来做
I wouldn’t do it for ten bucks. I wouldn’t do it for a hundred!
嘿 听着 你认为我会替换掉你 是吗
Hey, Iisten. You think I’d replace you?
但是他们说你想这么做
But they said you’d want to.
谁会去管他们的想法呢 谁会去关心呢
Who cares what they said? Who cares?
只有你和我 我们是个团队 不是吗
This is me and you. We’re a team. OK?
他们没有权利
They don’t get a vote in this.
好了吗
AII right?
你在外面等我
I’II meet you outside.
不要再和我的球童讨论这件事
Don’t ever talk to my caddie again.
奥密特先生先打
Mr. Ouimet will play first.
达尔文先生是记分员 负责记录你们的得分
Mr. Darwin will act as honorary marker and keep your scores.
先生们 时间到了
Gentlemen, it’s time.
-他出来了 -祝你好运 孩子
– Here he comes! – Good Iuck, son!
-加油 年轻人 -加油 奥密特
– Come on, young man! – Come on, Ouimet!
加油 弗朗西斯 加油
Come on, Francis! Come on!
给我们一个惊喜 孩子
Give us a strong show, son.
-在那你得了5分是吗 -是的
– Five for you there? – That’s right.
你能赢 弗朗西斯
You can do it, Francis.
-什么 -嗯 对不起
– What? – Wha… Sorry.
我刚才有说话吗
Did I say something?
厉害
That was big.
他们也是凡人
They’re human.
什么
What’s that?
我能打败他们 埃迪
I can play these guys, Eddie.
是啊 谁说你不能了
Yeah? Who said you couldn’t?
也许他们根本就不是人
Maybe they’re not human.
这是他上次输了的地方
This is where he fell apart the Iast time.
那是昨天的事情了
That was yesterday.
莎拉
Sarah!
你在这干什么 你应该待在学校
What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in school.
别无聊了 爸爸
Don’t be ridiculous, Father.
他不是很优秀 哈利
He’s not cracking, Harry.
我也是这么想的
The thought occurred to me.
英国人自己的比赛
“An all-English final.”
请安静
Quiet, please.
该死的
Stymied.
-你做什么 -瞧我的
– What are you doin’? – I’II show you.
快点 结束他
Come on, now. Finish him.
让我们看看他会不会崩溃
Let’s see if he cracks now.
前面右边的注意
Fore right!
他会被这些树阻挡完蛋的
He’s dead in those trees.
中号♥铁棍
Mid iron.
在树林中结束了
Done in by the monarch of the forest.
该你了 老家伙 我结束了
Down to you, old thing. I’m done.
有些遗憾 不过这是重大的比赛
Pity. It’s a great match.
就是这种精神 哈利
That’s the spirit, Harry.
加油 奥密特
Come on, Ouimet.
你准备打去哪
Where you going with that?
-穿过拐角 -那儿有个沙坑
– Gonna cut the corner. – There’s a bunker down there.
如果他打过去 就只需要推杆了
If he’s over it, he’s a chip away.
我们不知道他是不是打过去了 这是个圈套
We don’t know he’s over it. It’s a trick.
这是我们的机会 弗朗西斯
This is our chance, Francis.
象昨天一样打到那儿
Run it in there, just Iike yesterday.
天哪 弗朗西斯领先了一杆
My God. Francis has a one-stroke Iead with one to play.
请待在线外
Hold the Iine, please.
请待在线外 请待在线外
Hold the Iine! Hold the Iine!
放轻松
Take your time.
给我毛巾 埃迪
Let me have that towel, Eddie.
做得不错
Well done.
你需要这一击完成72杆目标 你能做到的
You need this for 72. You can do it.
让球旋转 让它进洞
Read it, roll it and hole it.
谢谢
Thank you! Thank you!
-你做到了 -谢谢
– You did it! – Thank you!
瞧 埃迪 我们赢了 我们赢了
Look, Eddie, we did it! We did it!
不 我不能要
No! No! I can’t take it!
把帽子给埃迪
Pass the hat for Eddie!
把帽子给埃迪
Pass the hat for Eddie! Here!
把帽子给埃迪 把帽子给
Pass the hat for Eddie! Pass the hat for…
打得很好 奥密特先生 是场了不起的比赛
Well played, Mr. Ouimet. That was a great game.
我很尽兴
I enjoyed it.
我也是
So did I.
当然 你赢了
Yes, you did.
祝贺你的成功 这是你应得的
Congratulations on your success. You deserve it.
谢谢
Thank you.
以后我们会再比赛的
We’II play again sometime.
瞧这东西
Look at this thing.
-好大啊 -有什么意义吗
– It’s a whopper. – Isn’t that something?
他们让你拿回家吗
They Iet you take it home with ya?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!