When all Jersey’s ever given us
提供我们马铃薯和奶牛
are potatoes and dairy cows…
不要看
Don’t Iook over there.
对不起 哈利 我没法控制自己
Sorry, Harry. I couldn’t contain myself.
他也一样
Neither could he.
他不应该把泽西岛也牵扯进来
He shouldn’t have brought Jersey into it.
上帝啊 我的鼻子
My God. My nose.
我看起来还好吧
Do I Iook all right?
说的非常坦诚 里德先生 有了进步
Quite frankly, Mr. Reid, it’s an improvement.
那么 你真的见到总统了
So, did you really see the President?
他向我挥手了
He waved at me.
不可能
No.
真的 塔夫脱总统真的是做了
Yes, he did. President Taft.
你能相信弗朗西斯吗
Can you believe Francis?
今晚我睡楼下如何
Why don’t I sleep downstairs tonight?
不 你睡楼上
No. You sleep upstairs.
-为了明天的比赛 你需要好的睡眠 -我没事
– You’II need your sleep for tomorrow. – I’m OK.
哦 亚瑟
Oh! Arthur.
他们称呼你奥密特先生
So, they call you Mr. Ouimet.
而对其他人则直呼其名
The others, it just says their names.
爸爸 他们是职业选手
Well, Father, they’re professionals.
我只是个业余的
I’m an amateur.
吃点甜点吧
Let’s have some dessert.
不用 等等 坐下来
No, wait, wait. Sit, sit.
现在他们都在谈论你
They’re all talking about you now.
说就算你赢了 也得不到奖金
It say here that if you win, you get no money.
其他人有奖金 你却什么也没有
The others make money, you get nothing.
这说明了什么
What does that prove?
这说明了什么
What does that prove?
他们甚至都不给你工资 这是个什么工作
They don’t even pay you! What kind of work is that?
-亚瑟 -干吗
– Arthur. – What?
我给你拿盘子来
I’II fix you a plate.
快点 用力拉
Come on, you! Pull!
早上好 哈利
Morning, Harry.
讨厌的英国式天气
Dreadful English weather.
-睡得怎么样 -就像个婴儿
– How’d you sleep? – Like a baby.
过两个小时就要醒来并且哭闹
Woke up every two hours and cried.
嘿 弗朗西斯
Hey, Francis!
我昨晚梦见你打出了72杆的好成绩
I had a dream Iast night that you shot a 72!
真的 在风暴中要打出来可不容易
Yeah? It won’t be easy in a nor’easter.
你可是在这种天气中打出过的
You’ve played this course in weather Iike this.
你说的对 这是个打出72杆的好日子
You’re right. It’s a good day for a 72.
好耶
Okeydokey, pipe and smokey.
如果英国人赢了我们 他们会说我以前只是侥幸赢的
If the Brits beat us, they’II say it was a fluke I ever won it.
他们会说这是他们的比赛 我们还不够格
They’II say it’s their game, and we’re not good enough.
这是我们的公开赛
This is our Open.
是的 真不可思议
Yes. Marvelous.
奥密特 奥密特 奥-密-特
Ouimet. Ouimet. O-U-I-M-E-T.
三轮过后他只是比瓦顿和雷落后一杆
He’s only one stroke behind Vardon and Ray after three rounds.
移走它 用背去顶
Move it! Put your backs into it now!
再挖深些 我们走
Go a Iittle deeper there! There we go.
不在这 去那边看看
Not here. Over there.
好好检查一下尽头
Watch that end go through!
-往下放 -好的 先生
– And move on down! – Yes, sir!
谢谢
Thank you.
雷只需轻轻一击就处于领先了
Ray needs that putt for the Iead.
我不想听别人是怎么做的
I don’t want to hear how anyone else is doing.
我们打我们的球
We play our own game.
我们现在处在什么位置
Where do we stand?
你得用标准杆数通过最后5个洞 才能追上特德 处于领先
You’d still have to par the Iast five holes to tie Ted for the Iead.
形势很糟糕 哈利
Dreadful conditions, Harry.
没有人会指责你 如果你
No one would blame you if you came…
谢谢 伯纳德
Thank you, Bernard.
球进水里了 他完了
He’s done for in there.
他不可能追上了
No chance he catches him now.
你怎么啦 伙计
What’s got into you, old thing?
别过来惹我烦
You had to go and get me angry.
哦 是我的错
Oh, yes. My mistake.
打完这个
When I par this one,
我们就得尽全力去打明天的
we’II have to go at it again tomorrow.
决赛吗 真讨厌
A playoff? What a bother.
是的 但是必须
Yes, but there it is.
以前从没有看见过 你比赛的时候抽烟
Never seen you smoke on the job before.
只是提前了4个洞的时间而已
Should’ve started four holes earlier.
没有什么好担心的了
Ah, all square again.
这个年轻人没有机会赶超了
Not a chance this stripling bears up.
也许不是这样的
Probably not.
让他们看
Let ’em Iook.
我们这些紧跟着的 就只有你还在打了
We’re tied, and you’re the one still playing.
最好能避开这种英国式的恶劣天气
Might as well get out of this beastly New England weather
举杯庆祝英国的胜利吧
and raise a glass to British victory.
谁在给他扛包 是个侏儒吗
What’s that carrying his bag, a Pygmy?
我们需要两杆 一杆这儿 另一杆在16洞
We need two strokes. One here, one at the 1 6th…
弗朗西斯 别想那么多 你不可能一下子把他们拿下来
Francis, don’t think so much. You can’t play ’em all at once.
一个一个地打
You gotta take ’em one at a time.
每次一杆 要两杆 要两杆 六个洞
One at a time, two down. Two down, six to play.
我可以在这里得一杆 在16洞得一杆
I can get one here and another on 1 6.
那个女孩让我把这个交给你
That girl wanted me to give you this.
-哪个女孩 -莎拉
– What girl? – Sarah.
莎拉给你的
Sarah gave you this?
你就戴上吧 别让它淋湿了
Just put it on. Don’t get all sloppy over it.
为了英国
To England.
那究竟是怎么回事
What the hell was that?
一切还没有结束
It’s not over yet.
哦 哦 瞧 谁回来了
Well, well. Look who’s back.
-很好 -打得不错
– Nice. – Nice shot!
让我们过去 这是奥密特的母亲
Let us through. It’s Ouimet’s mother.
情况怎么样啦
What’s happenin’?
他在16洞这里思考
He hit it stone dead at 1 6.
他只有一杆的机会
He’s only down one.
什么意思 这是好事情吗
What does that mean? Is it good?
如果他做到了 就会进决赛
If he makes this, it’s a playoff.
天哪 这几乎超越了人的计算能力
Dear me, it’s almost beyond one’s ability to calculate.
啊 请别介意 我喝口酒
Ah, don’t mind if I do.
他不可能成功的 不可能
He can’t keep this up. It’s impossible.
该死的
I’II be damned.
哦 弗朗西斯
Oh, Francis!
明天瓦顿 雷和奥密特先生
There will be an 1 8-hole playoff tomorrow
将进行18洞的比赛
between Vardon, Ray and Mr. Ouimet
决出冠军
to decide the Championship.
这个男孩是上帝给的礼物
That boy’s a gift from the gods.
国内正在夜以继日的印刷
They’re printing ’round the clock at home.
天哪 猜猜他们能在这儿卖♥♥什么
Cripes! Imagine what they’re selling here.
如果有机会 我是不是该买♥♥块烂抹布
Should have bought one of these rags when I had the chance.
他敢于站出来 但是他会受到重创的
It’s a bold charge, but he’s spent his powder.
伙计们 这是两个人的比赛
It’s a two-man game now, my Iads.
英国人的决赛
An all-English final.
嗯 我们得看看
Well, we’II see.
嘿 哈利 真难以想象
Come on, Harry. It’s inconceivable.
那个人居然是个该死的业余选手
The man’s a bloody amateur.
你上一次被击败 是什么时候
When was the Iast time you were beaten…
在男人和男人的对决中
Have you ever been beaten, man-to-man,
在你的职业生涯中 你有被业余选手打败过吗
in your entire career by an amateur?
业余选手是不可能赢得公开赛的
Amateurs do not win Opens.
该死的 最近一个赢得比赛的
Hell, the Iast one who won it back home
也是40年前了 而且他是个绅士
was 40 years ago, and he was a gentleman.
而这个人 他什么也不是 他只是个农民 一个土老冒
This one’s nothing of the kind. He’s a peasant. Common clay.
他会被打得惨败的
He’II fold Iike an accordion.
我需要休息一下
I need my rest.
如果他不能把球击出一英里 他将只是个挖沟的
If he couldn’t hit the ball a country mile, he’d be digging ditches.
你去哪儿 哈利 坐下来吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!