– I can do it, Mr. Ouimet. – Francis.
我知道你的名字 我看过你的比赛
I know your game. I’ve seen you play.
-我可以背那个包 -好吧 好吧
– I can carry that bag! – AII right. AII right.
你可以当我的球童 好吗 但是你必须叫我弗朗西斯
You can caddie for me. OK? But you’re gonna have to call me Francis.
-好的 弗朗西斯 -好吧
– OK, Francis. – AII right.
你们有毛病吗
You got a problem?
现在是9:45 开球时间
This is the 9:45 tee time.
卡托沃基高尔夫俱乐部的
The professional from Cattawaukee Golf CIub,
阿尔伯特·莫里
AIbert Murray.
来自马萨诸塞州布鲁克莱恩的
From Brookline, Massachusetts,
业余选手弗朗西斯·奥密特
amateur Mr. Francis Ouimet.
不管你决定做什么 弗朗西斯
Whatever you decide, Francis,
冷静下来 我会看着球的
keep your head down and I’II watch the ball.
我们肯定能打进那个洞
We’re gonna par this hole.
就该这样 打好每一球
That’s the stuff. One shot at a time.
只需要轻轻一击就解决了
One putt, we’II get that par.
现在就是要细心 稳定
Nice and steady now.
让球滚动 就能进洞
Make it roll, it’II seek the hole.
太容易了
Easy peazy, Iemon squeezy.
他不可能打不进的
He’s not supposed to miss those.
今天早上的第三个了
Third one this morning.
他到底怎么了
What the devil’s wrong with him?
我确实不知道 先生
I’m sure I don’t know, sir.
打到树林里去了 你们这帮蠢货
It’s in the bleedin’ trees, you great bunch o’ ninnies.
特德 你运气真差啊 老伙计
Ted! Rotten Iuck, old boy!
-才是第一天 感觉如何 -还有很多高尔夫赛要打
– Just one of those days, what? – Still a Iot of golf to play yet!
势利小人
Toffee-nosed git.
有两类选手
There are only two types of player:
一类是绷着神经要赢比赛
Those who keep their nerves in control and win championships,
一类却相反
and those who do not.
嘿 弗朗西斯 那个大块头是谁
Hey, Francis, who’s that big, fat guy?
哦 天哪 是塔夫脱总统
Oh, my gosh. It’s President T aft.
瞎扯 是塔夫脱总统吗
Get out! President T aft?
是美国总统塔夫脱吗
The United States President T aft?
-你以前见过总统吗 -第一次
– You ever seen a president before? – First time.
嘿 总统先生 你在那儿做什么
Hey! How you doin’ there, Mr. President?
弗朗西斯 刚才的最后一洞你打出小鸟球吗
Francis! Did you just birdie your Iast hole?
我想是的 弗兰克
I guess I did, Frank.
天哪 弗朗西斯 你紧跟在瓦顿之后
Holy smokes, Francis, you’re tied with Vardon.
-你是第二名 -我吗
– You’re in second place. – I am?
塔夫脱总统在谈论你 是塔夫脱总统啊
President Taft is talking about you. President Taft.
很难相信是吧
Isn’t it incredible?
嘿 伙计们 我们有工作
OK, we’re working here, buddy.
不要听他们的
Don’t Iisten to him.
我们打我们的比赛 让那些人去为他们的事情烦心吧
We play our game, Iet those guys worry about theirs.
我紧跟在
I’m tied…
你跟在Vardan后面 你是第二名
You’re tied with Vardon. You’re in second place.
哦 天哪
Oh, God.
该死的
Thanks for nothin’.
我们得冷静一下 弗朗西斯
We gotta settle down now, Francis.
哦 是吗 我们该怎么做
Oh, yeah? How are we gonna do that?
你应该打得更好
You’re just gonna have to play better.
让自己冷静下来
Keep your head down.
好吧 给我5号♥铁头球棍
AII right, gimme the mashie.
你不该用这支球棍
You’re not gonna reach with that.
如果他可以 我就可以
If he can, I can.
在第二轮 哈利·瓦顿拉开了
In round two, Harry Vardon’s pulled even
与防守方冠军约翰·麦克德莫特 的差距
with the defending champion, John McDermott,
但是威尔弗雷德·里德先生 却一杆一杆的追赶上来
but Mr. Wilfred Reid is matching him shot for shot.
经过一个早上的糟糕表现
After a poor showing this morning,
特德·雷看上去 就像个被围困的疯狂野兽
Ted Ray’s stalking the grounds Iike a mad brute.
他 疯狂野兽
He… Mad brute.
也许他在这场锦标赛 还有点希望
He may yet have something to say about this championship.
安静
Quiet.
继续 继续 继续
Go, go, go, go!
进去
Get in there.
哎呀
BIimey.
他们太容易激动了
They’re easily entertained.
我就指望你了 老伙计
I’m counting on you, old boy,
瓦顿和那粗野的家伙 恐怕没法赢
if Vardon and that great ape of his can’t deliver.
事实上 都是为了英格兰
Quite. AII for England.
收起那些对报纸说的 冠冕堂皇的话
Save that patriotic gibberish for the newspapers.
总理答应我说 如果带回这个奖杯
The prime minister has promised me a seat in his cabinet
就让我进入内阁
if I bring back this trophy.
果真如此 我会记得你的 威尔弗雷德
And rest assured, Wilfred, you will be remembered.
啊 打的好啊 哈利
Ah. Bravo, Harry.
你领先我一点
You’re tied with me for the Iead.
-你打的很好 先生 -为了国王和国家 如何
– Very well played, sir. – AII for King and country, what?
威尔弗雷德打的很出色 比你带来的那个雷好多了
Wilfred played splendidly, more than can be said for your man Ray.
他就像个野蛮人
Wild as a Hottentot.
虽然他在第一轮里表现不俗 但他不可能在淘汰赛中胜出
After his appalling first round, he won’t survive the cut.
他们究竟在做什么
What on earth are they going on about?
特德·雷刚刚打破了得分记录
Ted Ray’s just broken the course scoring record.
天啊 雷紧跟在第二
By Jove, Ray’s tied for second!
奥密特先生 能问个问题吗
Mr. Ouimet? One question, sir!
弗朗西斯
Francis!
嘿 我以为你回学校了
Hey! I thought you’d gone back to college!
-我还以为你放弃比赛了 -我改变主意了 不是吗
– I thought you quit playing! – I guess I changed my mind, huh?
-真是太好了 -是的
– That’s wonderful! – Yeah.
很高兴能见到你 你明天能来吗
It’s great to see you. Can you come tomorrow?
-我明天得走了 -明天来吧
– I have to Ieave tomorrow! – Come back tomorrow!
你是他的球童吗
Are you his caddie?
把这个给他 好吗
Give this to him, would you?
幸运符
For Iuck.
这种东西谁需要啊
Dames. Who needs ’em?
今天打得不错啊 奥密特先生
Fine play today, Mr. Ouimet.
谢谢 先生 你也打得很好
Thank you, sir. You too.
我只是运气好而已
It’s mostly dumb Iuck, though.
运气只是对我而言的
On my part. Not on your part.
你不需要运气 而我却需要
You don’t need Iuck. I need Iuck.
嗯 那祝你好运
Well, good Iuck, then.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
我把它们都擦干净了 连手柄也擦了
I cleaned ’em good. Wiped the grips too.
你今天真是做的太棒了
You did just fine out there today.
你也一样 弗朗西斯
You too, Francis.
你明天还能逃出来吗
You gonna be able to skip school again tomorrow?
让他们试试看能不能阻止我
Let ’em try and stop me.
那好 路上小心
AII right, well, you get home safe.
嘿 你不用担心我
Hey, don’t you worry about me.
明天一大早
I’II meet you right here.
我会在这里等你的
Early bird gets the worm.
一言为定
Deal.
小姐们 我只能说 当比赛开始时
AII I can say, Iadies, is that when the day began,
我简直没法想象
I scarcely imagined that I’d find myself
我竟然能紧跟在 伟大的哈利·瓦顿之后
tied for the Iead with the immortal Harry Vardon,
并且领先曾经的王者特德·雷两杆
and two strokes ahead of the ever-so-capable Ted Ray.
啊 说曹操 曹操就到
Ah. Speak of the devil, and up he pops.
对不起 小姐们 我要离开一会儿
Excuse me, Iadies. I’II be with you presently.
我简直是太喜欢美国妞了
I simply adore Americans.
活力四射 那么的迷人 那么的天真
The exuberance, such charming naiveté.
你是怎么找到她们的 特德
How do you find them, Ted?
我想你在家一定很在行
I should imagine you feel right at home.
她们有一大堆礼节要遵从 却又渴望有人挤压她们的大胸脯
They clasp all manner of the huddled, yearning masses to their bosoms.
甚至是低级的高尔夫选手
Even the Iowly golf professional.
你知道吗 我可以预言
You know, I can foresee a day,
当他们邀请你们这类人去俱乐部时
given their democratic standards,
肯定是和你们谈民♥主♥问题
when they invite your kind into their clubhouses.
哦 他们如何忍♥受得了
Well, how could they resist?
从泽西岛来的两个可怜家伙 还是白手起家的
Two poor Iads from Jersey, up from nothing.
从工人阶级到平民百姓
Working-class heroes to the great unwashed.
泽西岛曾经只是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!