Six holes to make up four shots.
怎么啦 有什么问题吗
What is it? What’s wrong?
-你刚才在6号♥洞打出了小鸟球 -真的吗
– You just made six straight birdies. – I did?
祝贺你 小伙子 你进入公开赛了
Congratulations, Iad. You’re in the Open.
先生们
Gentlemen?
不管是职业选手 还是业余选手
I want to welcome you all, professionals and amateurs alike,
欢迎来参加第八届美国公开赛
to the 1 8th United States Open Championship.
在接下来的两天 有4轮高尔夫球赛
Four rounds of golf to be played over the next two days
通过比赛选出世界上最好的选手
to identify the best player in the world.
让我们欢迎
Let’s give a special welcome
大不列颠业余比赛冠军 威尔弗雷德·里德
to the British Amateur Champion, Mr. Wilfred Reid…
还有著名的职业选手
…and our famous professional visitors,
哈利·瓦顿和特德·雷
Harry Vardon and Ted Ray.
我们防守方的冠军
I’II yield the floor to our defending champion,
欢迎来自费城的职业选手约翰·麦克德莫特
a professional from Philadelphia, John McDermott.
如果你看报纸的话 上面有很多消息
If you read the papers, there’s a Iot of talk
关于伟大英国冠军远渡来到这 参加我们的公开赛的消息
about the great English champions sailing over here to play in our Open.
关于只有美国人能赢得这个奖杯的消息
As the only born American to win this cup,
我想说 欢迎你们
I’d Iike to say to you boys, welcome.
-我们对你们的到来感到很高兴 -听听
– We’re happy to have you. – Hear, hear.
我们都知道哈利·瓦顿赢过这个比赛
We know Harry Vardon was winning Opens
那是很久以前了 当我们还在呀呀学语时
back when most of us were Iearning our ABC’s.
在这项运动的历史上 他是个天才
He’s a genius in the history of our game.
瓦顿先生 我知道 你在这项赛事成立的早期赢得过比赛
Mr. Vardon, I know you won this baby once before.
我在这里看到过你的名字
I see your name here.
但是看起来那是很久以前的事了
It’s a Iong time ago, by the Iook of it.
我们希望你们能在波士顿过得愉快
Well, we hope you boys have a nice time here in Boston.
我个人认为 那不可能
Personally, I don’t think you will.
我不关心在以后的六个星期 你们是否会大胜我们
I don’t care if you whupped us the Iast six weeks.
我讨厌人们谈的都是你能赢比赛的消息
I’m tired of people saying all you have to do to win is show up!
这次 你♥他♥妈♥的 不可能把这个杯给捧回去了
This time you’re not taking our damn cup back!
真想把那家伙给干掉
Might just have to kill that one.
-祝你好运 先生 -谢谢你 先生
– Good Iuck, sir. – Thank you, sir.
比利
Billy.
明天早上见面如何
See you first thing tomorrow morning?
-不行 -为什么
– I can’t. – Well, why not?
这个英国人出了20美元 如果他赢了的话
This English fella offered me 20 bucks,
会给我50美元
50 if he wins.
我无法支付那样的价格
Well, I can’t give you anything Iike that.
对不起 弗朗西斯 我得回家照顾两个孩子
I’m sorry, Francis. I’ve got two kids at home.
坎贝尔先生 我的球童走了
Mr. Campbell? I just Iost my caddie.
你认识别的球童吗
Do you know somebody?
-对不起 所有的都被雇完了 -那我该怎么办
– Sorry, all the Iads are taken. – What am I supposed to do?
自己解决问题 你认为瓦顿和雷
Hitch up your knickers. You think Vardon and Ray
会因为你自己背装备而同情你吗
will take pity because you carry your own bag?
这是公开赛 每个人只为自己
This is the Open. Every man for himself.
我该怎么办
What am I doing here?
嘿 弗朗西斯
Hey, Francis!
杰克 你来这儿做什么
Jack! What are you doin’ here?
我和埃迪翘课 过来看看练习赛
Me and Eddie hooked school to come watch the practice round.
你还在富兰克林公园做球童吗
Are you still caddying out at Franklin Park?
-是的 -你能不能
– That’s right. – Any chance you can
明天帮我当球童
carry for me tomorrow?
-在公开赛上吗 -是的
– In the Open? – Yeah.
你原来的那个球童怎么啦
Well, what happened to your guy?
他找到了个更好的雇主
He got a better offer.
说明那个家伙是个大肥猪 对吗
Then that guy’s a big, fat jerk! What?
杰克 如果你愿意的话
Jack, if you’re gonna do this,
明天早上7:30之前到这儿来
you gotta be here tomorrow at 7′:30 sharp.
快答应
Do it!
埃迪能来吗
Can Eddie come too?
杰克 我不能改变规则
Jack, I can’t change the rules.
只允许你一个人背包
You’re only allowed one man on the bag.
也许他能和我们一起 帮记记分数
Maybe he could walk with us and keep score.
我们会解决的
We’II figure it out.
-可以吗 -好的
– Is that OK with you? – Sure.
弗朗西斯 成交
Francis, you got yourself a deal.
太好了 杰克 太好了
That’s great, Jack. That’s great.
再见 埃迪
I’II see ya, Eddie.
我来开门 亨利
I’II get it, Henry!
你来做什么
And what do you want?
我想和莎拉说句话 她在吗
I was hopin’ to speak to Sarah. Is she here?
她去上学了
She Ieft for college.
-什么时候 今天吗 -是的
– When, today? – Yeah.
帮我给她带个口信
Give her a message for me.
是谁 弗雷迪
Who was that, Freddie?
是 没什么人 只是个小贩
Ah, it was… it was no one. It was a peddler.
你听说过球童参加公开赛的事情吗
Did you hear about the caddie playing in the Open?
这种事从未发生过 各方面都异常关心
It should never have happened. Reflects badly on all concerned.
照我说 没有什么比
I say, if he wants to go out and play
让他比赛丢丑更好的了
and make a fool of himself again, so much the better.
-你们在谈论谁 -是俱乐部的事情
– Who are you talking about? – It’s a club matter.
球童
Caddie Boy.
奥密特
Ouimet.
还坚持说他是个业余选手 这个世界怎么啦
Insists he’s an amateur. What is the world coming to?
-再要些汤吗 先生 -好的 哈利
– More bisque, sir? – Thank you, Henry.
奥德丽今晚为我们准备了什么派
And what kind of pie does Audrey have for us tonight?
-越橘派 先生 -太好了
– Huckleberry, sir. – Ah. Splendid.
你以为能一直瞒着我
Did you think you could keep it from me?
我从未试过
I didn’t try to.
你的名字出现在报纸上了 总是背着我做
Your name is in the newspaper, sneaking around behind my back.
不是的 爸爸
No, no, no, Father…
你必须停下来
You’re going to stop this now.
一个男人应该知道自己的位置 并且静下心去做
A man knows his place and makes his peace with it.
-我不想谈这个 -那你就听着吧
– I can’t talk about this. – Then you Iisten.
这是为你好
This is for your own good.
我试图保护你
I am trying to protect you.
保护我什么
Protect me from what?
弗朗西斯 那些人 不需要在世上找自己的位子
Francis, those men don’t have to earn a place in this world.
这是他们的世界
It’s given to them.
不是我们这些人的
We’re not those kind of people.
你现在去告诉他们 你不参赛了
Now, you go tell them that you can’t do this.
就说这只是个错误
It’s a mistake.
我不会这么做的
I won’t do that.
你答应过我的
You gave me your word.
你答应过我的
You gave me your word.
我现在不能放弃 对不起
I can’t quit now. I’m sorry.
那就帮我个忙 当这一切结束后
Then so help me, when this is over,
你自己找个其他的地方住吧
you find somewhere else to Iive.
好的
Fine.
你确信这些人都受过礼仪教育
Make sure these people get the etiquette guide.
他们大多数人 以前都没有参加高尔夫课程
Most of them have never been on a golf course before.
天哪
God help us.
奥密特先生
Mr. Ouimet!
奥密特先生
Mr. Ouimet!
埃迪
Eddie!
杰克在哪儿 我等了他10分钟了
Where’s Jack? I tee off in ten minutes.
他被逮着了 现在在学校
Truant officer caught him. He’s in school.
-为什么你没有和他在一起 -天哪 这可是美国公开赛
– Why aren’t you with him? – Come on! This is the U.S. Open.
谢谢你过来告诉我
Thanks for coming to tell me.
奥密特先生 我可以为你当球童
Mr. Ouimet, I can caddie for you.
埃迪 我的包和你一样高
Eddie, my bag is as big as you are.
但是我可以做到
But I can do it!
在富兰克林公园 我帮很多人背过包 你去问问
I carry for Iots of fellas at Franklin Park. Ask ’em.
我能做得和杰克一样好
I came to make good on what Jack promised.
我从学校逃课 坐了3辆电车 我够高了
I hooked school, took three streetcars and I am big enough!
我5年级了 我想为你当球童
I’m in 5th grade, and I want to caddie for you!
先安静一下
Calm down for a second.
这样如何 我背包 你跟着我
How about this? I’II carry my bag, and you walk next to me.
-不行 奥密特先生 -叫我弗朗西斯
– No, Mr. Ouimet! – Call me Francis.
-我能办到 奥密特先生 -叫我弗朗西斯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!