What do I have to do?
-你得去跟那些有资格的人比赛 -很容易的
– You have to play in the qualifier. – That’s the easy part.
你要让竞赛委员同意你参赛
You have to be approved by the executive committee.
你是这儿的球童吗
You’re a caddie here?
是的 做了10年
Yes, sir. For ten years.
为了成为业余选手 最近已经不作了
I recently resigned to preserve my status as an amateur.
什么 没有计划做职业选手吗
What, no plans to turn professional?
没有 我准备从商
Uh, no, sir. I plan to have a career in business.
-哦 做生意 -是的
– Oh, business? – Yes.
什么样的生意
What sort of business?
霍华德 我们得
Howard, we need…
对不起 你们继续吧
Sorry. Carry on.
你的主俱乐部在哪儿 这上面没写
What’s your home club? I don’t see it here.
他们得赞助你
They have to sponsor you.
我的主俱乐部
My home club?
-我正在多个俱乐部之间选择 -哦 听好了
– I’m between clubs at the moment. – Look, see here.
你可能有资格做一个选手
you may have qualified as a player,
但这不是球童做的事情
but this just isn’t the sort of thing that caddies do.
你是个球童
You’re a caddie?
是的 先生 我曾经是
Yes, sir, I was.
球童不能进行业余选手比赛 你不能参加这比赛
Caddies don’t play in the Amateur. It’s not for your kind.
只有会员才可以参加
Members only.
我们场地委员会要讨论公开赛的问题了
We need to discuss the opening on the greens committee.
对不起 但是 总可以让那些
I’m sorry. But there must be a way
非会员的人也来参加比赛吧
for somebody who’s not a member to compete.
今年不行
Not this year.
如果他能支付50美元的入场费
As if he could afford the $50 entrance fee.
对不起 先生
Excuse me. Sir…
如果我能支付50美元的话
…if I were to pay the $50,
是不是我就可以加入俱乐部了
would I need to belong to a club?
理论上不可以
Technically, no.
你仍然需要一个有名望的俱乐部成员 来担♥保♥ 而且
You would still need a club member in good standing to sponsor you, and…
而且 由我来担♥保♥
And… that would be me.
打高尔夫球要50美元
Fifty dollars to play golf.
我会把挣的钱全部拿回家的
I’II pay back every penny from my earnings.
我对你很失望 弗朗西斯 这就是你从我这儿学到的吗
Is this how I failed you? Is that all you’ve Iearned from me?
不是的 先生 但这只是场比赛
No, sir. But it’s just a game.
比赛
A game?
比赛不能让一个男人过活 不能让他养家
A game doesn’t give a man what he needs to make a Iife, feed his family.
你说的对 但是如果我赢了 就会有伟大的事情发生
If I win, great things could happen.
什么也不会发生
Nothing will happen.
他们会按他们的喜好来利用你
They’II use you for their own amusement.
我能成功的 这是我所擅长的
I can do this. This is something I’m good at.
如果是你 你会怎么做
What if you do?
你怎么来获得那50美元
What will you get for your $50?
我也有过梦想 弗朗西斯
I had dreams too, Francis.
无论你做什么
No matter what you do,
他们都不会让你通过那条街的
they’II never Iet you cross that street.
我想要的就是个机会
AII I want is a chance.
好的
OK.
我们打个赌吧
OK, we make a bargain.
你发誓 如果你输了 就不再打高尔夫球
You promise me if you Iose, no more golf.
你得放弃那愚蠢的比赛
You give up this fool’s game.
去完成你的学业 你得学贸易
You finish your schooling, you Iearn a trade,
把你靠诚实劳动获得的钱拿回家
and you bring home an honest wage.
是说我不合格吗
If I don’t qualify?
好的 我答应你
Yes, I promise.
这是英文版的 这儿都没有出版
It’s the English edition. It’s not even in print here yet.
哈利·瓦顿
Harry Vardon.
谢谢
Thank you.
好好学习吧
Read it, study it.
你必须打到78杆 才有资格
You’II need a 78 to qualify.
艰苦的竞赛
Stiffer competition.
他们是这个国家最好的业余选手
These are the best amateurs in the country.
你认为我能行吗
Do you think I’m ready?
我不知道 只有你参加了后 你才能知道
I don’t know, and neither will you until you’re in it.
只是高尔夫球比赛 是冠军杯
There’s golf, and there’s championship golf.
帮我保管一下 我要去参加舞会
Keep it for me. I’m going to the party.
他们说邀请所有的选手参加
They said all the players are invited.
舞会是什么样的
What’s it Iike in there?
我也不知道 我不能进去
I couldn’t tell you. I’m not allowed inside.
能帮我一下吗
Do me a favor, would you?
嘿 这个男孩我以前见过 在去学校的时候他在后面追我
Hi. This boy I used to see before I Ieft for college is after me.
-假装你要请我跳舞 -你在这啊 小甜心
– Pretend you asked me to dance. – There you are, you peach.
你不能整晚都躲我
You know, you can’t avoid me all evening.
我说过要跳一支舞 菲利普
I… I said a dance, Phillip.
但不是这支
Not this one.
-我答应这位 -弗朗西斯·奥密特
– I promised this one to… – Francis Ouimet.
-我知道你家族吗 -不清楚
– Do I know your family? – I don’t know.
-菲利普·韦恩赖特 -韦恩赖特
– Phillip Wainwright? – Wainwright?
啊 是的 韦恩赖特家族 很好的人
Oh, yes. Wainwrights, good people.
韦恩赖特家族
Wainwrights.
好了 时间还早 她会和你跳舞的
Well, the evening’s young. She’II catch up with you.
你真是个好伙伴 帮了我大忙
You’re a real sport for helping.
又没有什么麻烦
It’s no trouble.
我今天疯了
I had the craziest day.
我从费城坐火车来 我把包丢在巴尔的摩了
I take a train from Philadelphia, my bags end up in Baltimore.
我的晚礼服也给落在巴尔的摩了
My tux is in the bags in Baltimore.
我现在穿的是男仆的衣服
I’m wearing the houseman’s suit.
不过你看起来不错
I think you Iook just fine.
你也是
You too.
他走了吗
Is he gone?
没有 他还在看着
No, he’s still watching.
我们跳支舞 好吗
Shall we dance?
你刚才说你要去上大学 是吗
You said you were going to college?
史密斯学院 第一个学期
Smith. First semester.

Oh.
你呢
Where are you going?
读哪所大学
To college?
我要花一年时间考虑一下我的选择
I’m taking the year off to consider my options.
我想这是明智之举
I think that’s so wise.
可能你会去欧洲
Perhaps you’II go to Europe.
可能吧 因为我的家在法国
Perhaps I will. ‘Cause I have family in France.
对不起 你能不能再说一次你的名字
I’m sorry. What did you say your name was again?
弗朗西斯·奥密特
Francis. Ouimet.
哦 瞧 那是我哥哥
Oh, Iook! There’s my brother!
-弗雷迪 来认识一下弗朗西斯 -弗雷迪
– Freddie, you must know Francis. – Freddie.
球童
Caddie Boy.
弗雷迪 你真会开玩笑
Freddie, you’re such a kidder.
爸妈 这是弗朗西斯·奥密特
Dad, Mother, this is Francis Ouimet.
你好
How do you do?
衣服很漂亮
That’s a beautiful dress.
弗朗西斯是个比赛选手
Francis is playing in the tournament.
是的 我知道
Yes, yes, I know.
你们男人谈吧 我和妈妈一会过来
Well, you boys chat. Mother and I will be right back.
你女儿很漂亮
Swell girl, your daughter.
年轻人 你可以被邀请过来
Young man, you may have been invited,
但是你别指望你能属于这
but don’t get the idea that you belong here.
有两类选手
There are only two types of player:
一类是绷着神经要赢比赛
Those who keep their nerves in control and win championships,
另一类却相反
and those who do not.
最多只能用5杆 你就能进入下一轮了
Five or Iess, and you make the cut.
第18洞 我闭着眼睛都只用5杆
Eighteen? I can make five here in my sleep.
搞定
That’s the one.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
太糟糕了 球童
That’s too bad, Caddie Boy.
你可以在比赛中当我的球童
You could caddie for me in the tournament.
你还是有用的 不是吗
You’re available, right?
祝贺你 儿子 打得不错
Congratulations, son. Well played.
要组建帝国 哈利
Empire, Harry.
否则阳光永远不会照到我们 一群废物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!