这是个真实的故事…
英国 泽西岛 1879
你们是谁
Who are you?
你们在做什么
What are you doing?
我们将把这建成高尔夫球场
There’s a golf Iinks going in here.
高尔夫球是什么东西
What’s golf?
高尔夫球是绅士们玩的比赛
Golf is a game played by gentlemen.
不是你这样的人玩的
Not for the Iikes of you.
快走开 孩子
Now, run along, boy.
布鲁克莱恩 马萨诸塞州 1900
在这儿 先生
Here it is, sir.
快点 我们走
Come on! Let’s go!
就是这样 坐直 莎拉
That’s it. Sit up straight, Sarah.
轻轻拉缰绳
Lightly on the reins. There.
这就是我们要做的 弗朗西斯
This is how we do it, Francis.
我们努力工作 把钱拿回家
We work hard, and we bring home the money.
努力工作 把钱拿回家
Work hard. Bring home the money.
-吉尔勒莫 -是
– Guillermo! – Yes, sir!
快点
Come on!
弗朗西斯 你究竟在做什么
Francis, what in the world are you doin’?
已经后半夜了
It’s after midnight!
你会吵醒你弟弟的 上♥床♥去
You’re keepin’ your brother up. Go to bed.
雷德蒙 上♥床♥睡觉 不许说话
Raymond, go to sleep. No talkin’.
我的意思是 不要发出声音
No noises. I mean it.
你在干吗 弗朗西斯
What have you got there, Francis? Hmm?
弗朗西斯
Francis.
我能去看他吗 爸爸
Can I see him, Father? PIease?
他在说什么 看谁
What’s he talking about? See who?
哈利·瓦顿
Harry Vardon.
打这种比赛的绅士
Any gentleman who plays this game
没有一个是你的朋友
is not a friend to you.
我知道
I know.
但他是目前最出色的
But he’s the greatest ever.
-亚瑟 我想这没有什么坏处 -不要说了
– Arthur, I don’t see the harm in… – Not another word.
他今天得去学校
The boy goes to school today.
就谈到这儿
That’s the end of it.
达西小姐 帮我照顾下小孩
Mrs. Darcy, mind the Iittle one!
他会去爬楼梯的
He’II try to climb those stairs.
弗朗西斯 放下书
Francis, Ieave your books.
我要去买♥♥东西 你跟我一起去
I’ve got shoppin’ to do. You come with me now.
爸爸说我得去学校
Father said I had to go to school.
你一天不去学校没有关系
You can miss school for one day.
而且我需要人帮提包 走吧
Besides, I need help with me packages. Come along.
是什么事情引起这么大的骚动
What could be causing such a fuss?
去吧 我会去找你
Go on. I’II find ya.
谢谢 女士们 先生们
Thank you, Iadies and gentlemen.
我希望你们能帮忙
I’II now presume upon your goodwill
我需要个志愿者
and request the services of a volunteer.
谁愿意上来
Anyone?
你好 你叫什么名字
Hello. What’s your name?
-弗朗西斯 -你好 弗朗西斯先生
– Francis. – Hello, Mr. Francis.
你知道这是什么吗
Now, do you know what this is?
高尔夫球杆
A brassie.
是的 打一杆吧
So it is. Have a bash.
继续
Go on.
不错 弗朗西斯 即使在最灰暗的日子
That’s all right, Francis. Even in our darkest hour,
我们也得时刻记住 我们永不绝望
we must always remember, you never despair.
你有没有把一只小鸟握在手上过
Have you held a Iive bird in your hands?
握的时候不能太用力 否则会伤到它
Not too hard to hurt her.
只要不让它飞走就可以了
Just firm enough to stop it from flying away.
再试试
Try it again.
你看到了吗
Did you see that?
欢迎常胜将军
Hail the conquering hero!
达尔文先生
Mr. Darwin.
-是不是如同我所想的一样 -我不确定 哈利
– Is this what I think it is? – I’m not sure, Harry.
我跟你一样
I received a summons from Lord Northcliffe,
-得到了诺斯克利夫爵士的召唤 -不用找了
– just as you did. – Keep the change, mate.
-他正在里面等着 -今天是特别的一天
– He’s waiting inside. – Today’s the day.
但是 哈利 从没有一个非职业选手
But, Harry, no professional has ever been asked
加入过绅士们的高尔夫俱乐部
to join a gentlemen’s golf club as a member.
任何事都会有个开始 伯纳德
First time for everything, Bernard.
-是的 -瞧瞧这个地方
– Yes. – Look at this place.
他们为什么会让你过来
Why else would they want you here?
他不信任我 我只是为他工作
He doesn’t confide in me. I only work for him.
十年前 我还是个修剪篱笆的
Ten years ago, I was clippin’ hedges.
不可思议
Marvelous.
干得太漂亮了 哈利
Brilliantly done, Harry.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
如果你们这些绅士愿意 把它加入到你们的战利品
I’d be honored if you gentlemen would consider
-我将感到很荣幸 -一个闪闪发光的奖杯
– adding it to your trophy case. – A glittering addition.
我们很高兴为你保留这个 是吧 奈维尔
We’d be pleased to keep it for you. Wouldn’t we, Neville?
你很大方
Handsome.
不过你要想再拿回去 恐怕就不是那么容易了
But you might not get it back without a tussle.
我也没想过能轻松的把它拿回来
Don’t plan on handing it back myself without a fight.
哈利 进入正题吧
Harry, I’II come to the point.
我们俱乐部有个公开赛
We’ve had an opening at our club.
这位是布洛克爵士 俱乐部委员会主席
Lord Bullock chairs the membership committee.
你父亲是做什么的
What does your father do?
先生 他是泽西岛上的一个园丁
Uh, he’s a gardener on Jersey, sir.
我听说你是信奉罗马天主教的
I’m told you’re Church of Rome.
-你母亲是法国人吗 -是的
– Mother’s French? – Yes, sir.
我想我们可以暂时不管这个
I believe we can work around it.
就这么决定了 你是我们想找的人
It’s decided, then. You’re just the man for us.
嗯 我都不知道说什么了 先生
Well, I don’t know what to say, sir.
好了 就说好吧
Well, say yes.
我们希望你替我们工作 有相当好的收入
We want you to work for us. Decent wage.
你可以经营自己的店
You can run your own shop.
当然还可以开班上课 收取你想要的费用
Lessons, of course. Charge what you Iike for those.
你是唯一一个能帮我解决问题的人
You’re the only man who can set me right.
你得停止你的工作
You’II have your work cut out.
我想到处都是酒
I think it’s drinks all around.
我说过 你替我们工作
I’m told you’ll work for us…
高尔夫球是绅士们打的比赛
Golf is a game played by gentlemen.
不是你这样的人玩的 绅士们打的比赛
Not for the likes of you. Played by gentlemen.
可以经营你自己的商店 有相当好的收入
Run your own shop. Decent wage.
快走开 小孩
Run along, boy.
弗朗西斯 已经下半夜了
Francis. It’s after midnight.
妈妈 最后一个球
Just one more, Mother.
黑斯廷斯先生
Mr. Hastings!
-啊 弗朗西斯大♥师♥ -先生
– Ah, Master Francis. – Sir.
我们现在需要一个实战
We now Iack but one essential
来完成我们的既定目标
to complete the swift appointment of our round:
-你的俱乐部赛 -我的俱乐部赛吗 先生
– Your clubs. – My clubs, sir?
球童是不能打全程的 如果坎贝尔先生发现我在
Caddies aren’t allowed on the course. If Mr. Campbell sees me out there…
我来帮你考虑坎贝尔的事 你快去 挥动那些球棒
You Iet me worry about Campbell. Go. Get those clubs.
快去 孩子 挥动那些球棒
You go, boy. Get those clubs.
-挥杆不错 伙计 -谢谢 先生
– Well struck, Iad. – Thank you, sir.
你用了多少杆
What did you shoot?
81杆 先生
Uh, an 81, sir.
第15洞你用了多少杆
What did you take on 1 5?
9杆 先生
A nine, sir.
第一次在新英格兰最难的场地
So you shot an 81 first time around
打完全程用了81杆
on the toughest golf course in New England?
-其中有个洞还用了9杆 -嗯 我 我想我
– With a nine? – Well, I… I think I…
我看到你站在那儿 知道球童是不允许打
I saw you standing there, knowing caddies aren’t supposed to play…
继续说
Go on.
我 我想我有些紧张 先生
I… I think I got a Iittle nervous, sir.
我们得看看你是如何控制自己的
We needed to see how you handled yourself.
控制我自己
Handled myself?
下个月有全国业余锦标赛
National Amateur Championship’s here next month.
你是说 我可以
Are you saying that I can…
我该做什么