要比进入战场难得多
than it is to get into one.
我的建议是采用后备计划
My suggestion, go to your plan B.
我没有后备计划
I don’t have a plan B.
那我只能说你完了
Well, off the top of my head, I’d say you’re borked.
奥克拉荷马…
Oklahoma! Oklahoma!
纽约 新年快乐
New York. Happy New Year.
谢谢 迟了一个月的祝福 但…
Thanks. You’re about a month too late, but–
是 嘿 那祝你新年快乐
Right. Well, hey, happy New Year.
嘿 美国大使♥馆♥怎么走?
Hey. Which way’s the US Embassy from here?
转角就是 不会错过
Right around the corner. Cannot miss.
哪个转角?
What corner?
来 我带你去 反正这里也没人听我指挥
Come on. I show you. Nobody listen me here anyway.
战后我要去奥克拉荷马
After war, I visit Oklahoma.
真的?
Really?
我想这里不会有去奥克拉荷马的直航
Well, I doubt there’s a direct flight from here to Oklahoma,
所以不如你中途在纽约停一下 我请你喝啤酒?
so, why don’t you stop over in New York, and I’ll buy you a beer?
好的 纽约的人好吗?友善吗?
Okay. New York people nice? Friendly?
最友好了
The best.
只要别在路上直视他们的眼睛
Just don’t look them in the eye on the sidewalk,
否则他们可能会和你打架
or you might have to fight them.
那边是你的大使♥馆♥
There your embassy.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿 你住在纽约哪条街上?
Hey. What New York street you live on?
你是说真的?你真的会去?
You serious? You’re really coming?
除非你不是说真的?
Unless you not serious?
不 我是说真的 对 我比你更当真
No, I’m serious. Yeah, I’m more serious than you.
嘿 这是我的地址
Hey, here’s my address.
这是我的电♥话♥号♥码 给我打电♥话♥ 这太好了
And this is my phone number. Give me a call. This is great.
你可以住在我们家
You can stay with me and my family.
你可以见见我爸 他很凶 你会喜欢他
You’ll meet my dad. He’s a real ballbuster. You’ll like him.
对了 我叫奇基
I’m Chickie, by the way.
我叫孝
Hieu.
-孝 很高兴认识你 谢谢 -谢谢你 奇基
-Hieu. Nice to meet you. Thank you. -Thank you, Chickie.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我们纽约见
See you in New York.
纽约见
See you there.
姓名
Name.
唐纳修 约翰唐纳修 我是美国人 我是商船船员
Donohue. John Donohue. I’m American, I’m a merchant mariner.
我的船德雷克号♥提前离港 据说接到什么了情报
My ship, the Drake, left early. Something about chatter.
总之 它没等我就走了 所以我现在有大♥麻♥烦了
Anyways, it took off without me, so I’m in a real jam here.
这里有你 这有你的档案
You’re right here. I got a file on you.
那太好了
Great.
德雷克号♥的船长给你留了话
The captain of the Drake left a message for you.
说…
And
船长说如果你没死 他愿意让你回船上
The captain said if you’re not dead, he’ll take you back on the ship
如果你能追得上船
if you can catch up with it.
我没死 所以…
Well, I’m not dead. So
没死
Not dead.
抱歉 等等 这是什么意思? 我怎么追上船?
So, sorry. Hold on. What’s going on? How do I catch up with it?
你坐下
You sit.
我可以安排你在边和空军基地 乘坐飞机前往马尼拉
I can get you on a flight out of Bien Hoa Air Base to Manila
明晚7点
tomorrow night at 1900.
谢谢你
Thank you.
明天上午10点后过来 我会准备好你的文件
Come by tomorrow morning after 10:00, and I’ll have your papers.
明天上午10点后
Tomorrow morning after 10:00.
你人太好了 谢谢你
You’re the greatest. Thank you.
嘿 我能再在这里躺20分钟吗?
Hey. Do you mind if I lay down just for 20 more minutes?
然后我就走 我发誓
Then I’ll be out of your hair, I swear.
太好了 谢谢
Great. Thank you.
五年来第一次
For the first time in five years,
农历新年又响起了爆竹声
firecrackers are ringing in the Lunar New Year.
南越政♥府♥…
The South Vietnamese Government have
祝你回家一路顺风
I hope you have a safe trip back home.
你怎么知道我要离开?
How’d you know I was leaving?
大家都会离开西贡
Everyone leaves Saigon.
先是中国人 然后是法国人 再然后是美国人
First the Chinese, then the French. Next, the Americans.
我们把城市修复 又来另一拨人摧毁它
After we fix it up, someone else comes, knocks it back down.
小子 你该重修美国历史
You really need to bone up on your American history, fella.
美国每一次与某个国家开战
Every country America goes to war with,
那国家在我们离开时都比原来更好
we leave it in better shape than we found it.
但别听我说 你问问 德国人和日本人就知道
But don’t take my word for it, just ask the Germans and the Japs.
如果美军不是占上风
If the Americans aren’t winning,
为什么河内要求停火?
then why would Hanoi call for a cease-fire?
也许不是停火 也许只是敌军的子弹用光了
Maybe it’s not a cease-fire. Maybe the enemy just ran out of bullets.
亚瑟 我觉得你错了 我觉得这次是真的
I think you’re wrong, Arthur. I think this is the real deal.
进入真正和平谈判的第一步
The first steps towards legitimate peace talks.
我认为这个国家想要的 和你们美国人想要的一样
I believe this country wants what you Americans want.
希望如此
I would hope so.
这城里一半人都是 我们从被炸平的村庄里救出来的
I mean, half the people in the city we saved from bombed-out villages.
我们向他们敞开大门
We opened our doors to them
他们则在躲避共♥党♥
when they were running away from the commies.
也许他们不是在躲避共♥党♥
Maybe they weren’t running away from the commies.
也许他们只是在躲避炮弹
Maybe they were just running from the bombs.
愤怒的啤酒男孩回来了
Well, well, the blustering beer boy is back.
我同意他说的
I agree with him.
虽然他们对我们友善 但我肯定他们不希望我们在这
They might smile at us, but they sure as shit don’t want us here.
也许停火会让他们开心
Maybe the cease-fire will make them happy.
停火 这是什么时候开始的?
Cease-fire. When does this cease-fire start?
三天前 春节期间休战
Three days ago. There’s a truce through New Year’s.
有人忘了通知在丛林里作战的人
Well, someone forgot to tell that to the people living up in the woods.
什么意思?
What are you talking about?
北面仍在激烈交战
They’re still fighting like crazy up north.
-你在哪听说的? -我不是听说的
-Where’d you hear that? -I didn’t hear it.
我亲眼见到的
I saw it.
我去过简着陆区的山地 见过第一空军骑兵师
I was up in the mountains at LZ Jane with the First Air Cav.
胡扯 他们几周前就不让 非军方人士去那边了
Rubbish. They haven’t let non-military personnel up there in weeks.
那也许是事实
That may be true,
但我去的时候他们没提到这一点
but they didn’t mention that when I was up there.
让我看看
Let me see that.
你这没脑的混♥蛋♥ 你是说真的
You silly twat. You’re serious.
是
Yeah.
嘿 小子 你叫什么来着?
Hey, kid. What did you say your name was again?
奇基唐纳修
Chickie. Chickie Donohue.
贤 奇基唐纳修今晚喝的都算在我账上
Hien, Chickie Donohue is drinking on me. All night.
与此同时 奇基 我目睹100个村民被杀
At the same time, Chick, I see 100 villagers killed
而只找到了十把枪
and only ten guns recovered.
我知道我们这边的某个人 碰到枪后杀性大发
I know someone, one of our guys, got trigger happy.
我也得报道这个故事
And I got to report that story too.
可是你瞧 媒体最喜欢报道这种事
But see, that’s the stuff that the press can’t get enough of.
你们只会报道这种事 我气的就是这个
That’s all you guys report. That’s what pisses me off.
那不是全景
It’s not the whole story.
不知道 也许如果你们 像我一样失去这么多朋友
I don’t know. Maybe if some of you guys lost as many friends as I had,
你们会有不同的感觉
you’d feel a little differently.
吧台后面的那些名字
Those names behind the bar
是目前为止丧生的所有记者
that’s the names of the journalists who’ve been killed so far.
我的朋友们 这个房♥间里所有人的朋友们
Friends of mine. Friends of everyone in this room.
那为什么你们只报道负面消息?
But then why do you guys just report the bad stuff?
我们在国内听到的全都是这些
That’s what we hear back home.
那不是对我们有害吗?伤害国家
I mean, doesn’t that hurt us? Like, as a country?
真♥相♥?真♥相♥会伤害我们?不
The truth? The truth hurts us? No.
真♥相♥不会伤害我们 谎言才会
The truth doesn’t hurt us. It’s the lies.
扭曲事实的谎言和阴谋论 才是伤害美国的东西
The lies and the conspiracy to distort the truth, that’s what hurts America.
你也看到了驻扎在这里的士兵们
You’ve seen the soldiers we’ve got out here.
他们都是些孩子 爱国的好孩子
They’re just kids. Good kids being patriots.
遵从国家的命令 而我想为了他们说出真♥相♥
Doing what their country asks. And I want the truth told for them.
主导战争的那些人才不是爱国者
The people running this war, they’re not patriots.
他们是政客 说谎就是家常便饭
They’re politicians. And they deal in the currency of lies.
如果任由谎言继续
And if the lies continue,
他们只会继续派孩子来这里送命
they’re just gonna keep sending boys out here to be killed
好假装已送命的孩子死得合理
to justify the boys who already got killed.