你难道不认为现在该是我们五五分的时候了吗?
Don’t you think it’s about time that you and I split 50-50 in something?
我很想 杰克
I’d love to, Jack.
但这会花费很多钱
But it’ll take a lot of money.
我从来没有拒绝过你 对吗?
I’ve never refused you before, have I?
不是 但…
No, but…
…那都是在黑暗时代
…that was all in the dark ages.
我的意思是在大萧条之前
Before the Depression, I mean.
我听说股市搞垮你了 -我? 为什么 我… 别傻了
I heard that the market got you. -Me? Why, I…. Don’t be silly.
对于任何股市而言我都太聪明了
I’m too smart for any stock market.
哦 我输了几千左右 但我及时跑了
Oh, I lost a couple of thousand or so, but I got out in time.
真的? -是的
Really? -Yeah.
你呢? 亏钱了吗?
How about you? Did it get you?
哦不 不 我…
Oh, no. No, I….
我从没玩过股票
I never played the market.
哦 我可能跌了几百 也许…
Oh, I may have dropped a few hundred, maybe…
…但是无话可说
…but nothing to speak of.
好吧 你想花多少钱 齐格飞?
Well, how much money do you suppose it’ll take, Ziggy?
几十万 -几十万?
A couple of hundred thousand. -A couple of hundred thousand?
好吧 说定了
Well, okay, it’s a deal.
振作起来 好起来 我会给你钱
Pull yourself together, get well, and I’ll give you money.
齐格飞先生 那不是很棒吗? 先生 这有没有让你感觉好些?
Isn’t that wonderful, Mr. Ziegfeld? Doesn’t that make you feel better, sir?
是的 那让我感觉好多了
Yes, that makes me feel much better.
杰克…
Jack…
…你是一个实在的人
…you’re a real person.
是的 嗯 你是…
Yeah, well, you’re….
齐格飞 你也还不错
You’re not a bad sort yourself, Ziggy.
好吧 我明天就去
Well, I’ll drop in tomorrow.
是的 去吧
Yes. Do that.
而且 齐格飞 如果你全神贯注 我想你会在一个星期内康复
And, Ziggy, if you just put your mind to it, I think you’ll be up and around in a week.
不要让我催你 因为当你在这里疗养时…
Don’t let me rush you, because while you’re here convalescing…
…我将为新节目挑选女孩
…I’ll be picking out the gals for the new show.
好吧 他对我很好 西德尼 -毫无疑问 他会的 先生
Well, he looks all right to me, Sidney. -Undoubtedly he will be, sir.
谢谢你
Thanks to you.
希望如此
I hope so.
照顾好他 西德尼
Take good care of him, Sidney.
因为如果齐格飞发生任何事情 我…
Because if anything happened to Ziggy, I….
好吧 好好照顾他
Well, take good care of him.
齐格飞先生
Mr. Ziegfeld.
齐格飞先生
Mr. Ziegfeld.
先生 如果我是你 我不会逞能
I wouldn’t tax my strength if I were you, sir.
西德尼…
Sidney…
…我有事要做
…I’ve got things to do.
我必须找到康托尔 比尔·罗杰斯和比尔·菲尔兹
I must get Cantor, Bill Rogers, Bill Fields.
他们必须回到我身边!
They must come back to me!
我将把所有的老星们聚集在一起 进行一场精彩的表演
I’ll have all my old stars together in one great show.
我必须做一生中最大的弗里斯!
I must do the biggest Follies of my whole life!
我…
I….
哦 西德尼 我好难受
Oh, Sidney, I’m so terribly broke.
但是 比林斯先生 先生 他不是要帮助你吗?
But Mr. Billings, sir, isn’t he going to help you?
西德尼 他一分钱都没有
Sidney, he hasn’t a nickel.
他对我撒谎 只是为了让我感觉好些
He was lying to me just to make me feel better.
我们都破产了
We’re both broke.
先生 我不用担心
I wouldn’t worry about that, sir.
先生 你以前也经常破产
You’ve been broke before, sir.
是的 我知道 我一直为此自嘲
Yes, I know. I’ve always laughed about it.
但是现在我再也笑不出来了 西德尼…
But I can’t laugh anymore, Sidney…
…因为我错了
…because I’ve been wrong.
我什么都没有了
I’ve got nothing.
没有任何东西给大家了
Nothing to leave anyone.
没了吗先生 你给他们留下了回忆…
Nothing, sir? You leave them the memories…
…舞台上最美的那些事
…of the finest things ever done on the stage, sir.
你给他们起了一个 他们将会为此骄傲终生的名字
You’ll leave them a name that they can be proud of all their lives.
你很快就会感觉好些…
You’ll soon feel better…
…然后 先生 你可以做比以前更了不起的事情
…and then you can do more beautiful things than ever before, sir.
你真好 西德尼 你说这些真好
It’s nice of you, Sidney, to say that.
先生 我现在必须再次打电♥话♥给夫人 现在已经过10点了
I must call madam again now, sir. It’s after 1 0.
回忆…
The memories…
…舞台上最好的事情
…of the finest things ever done on the stage.
菊苣 51 61
Chicory 51 61 .
你好? 请帮我接伯克小姐的更衣室
Hello? Get me Miss Burke’s dressing room, please.
是的
Yes.
哦 伯克小姐 他似乎在安详地休息
Oh, Miss Burke. He seems to be resting comfortably.
是的 我以为你想知道
Yes, I thought you’d like to know.
是的 伯克小姐 是的 我会给你带话
Yes, Miss Burke. Yes, I’ll deliver your message.
齐格飞先生
Mr. Ziegfeld.
齐…
Mr. Z–
你好 请问哈瑟尔医生还在大楼里吗?
Hello. Is Dr. Hassel still in the building, please?
你能请他立刻去齐格飞先生的公♥寓♥吗?
Would you ask him to come up to Mr. Ziegfeld’s apartment at once?
是的 快点
Yes. Hurry, please.
我必须有更多台阶
I’ve got to have more steps.
我需要更多台阶
I need more steps.
必须更高
I’ve got to get higher.
更高
Higher.