…他的墓地作为约会场所?
…the very shadow of his tomb as our meeting place?
好吧 我个人并不了解这位将军 但是我有一个他会赞成的想法
Well, I never knew the general personally, but I have an idea he’d approve.
我不知道 似乎没有其他人 至少 弗罗曼先生没有
I don’t know. Nobody else seems to. At least, Mr. Frohman doesn’t.
那么为何不?
And why not?
为什么我们不能在自己喜欢的地方见面? 去我们想要的地方?
Why can’t we meet where we like? Go where we want?
只是因为他有你与他的合同…
Just because he has you under contract…
…没有理由他应该支配你的个人生活
…is no reason he should dictate your personal life.
我在这里 -是的 我也是
I’m here. -Yes, and so am I.
但这对你来说一定像是幼儿园
But it must seem like kindergarten to you.
为什么?
Why?
弗里斯的伟大制♥作♥人齐格飞先生…
The great Mr. Ziegfeld, producer of the Follies…
被数百名美女包围
…surrounded by hundreds of beautiful women…
坐在长凳上 手牵着手
…sitting on a bench, holding hands…
…看着河船来回走动
…watching the riverboats go back and forth.
听起来有点像你 不是吗? -不 不是
Doesn’t sound a bit like you, does it? -No, it doesn’t.
但是我在这里 坐在长椅上…
But here I am, sitting on a bench…
…牵着手 看着河上的船只来回游走
…holding hands and watching the riverboats go back and forth.
很遗憾 多年来我一直不认识你
And regretting all the years I haven’t known you.
安娜·海尔德待了那几年吗?
Didn’t Anna Held take up a few of those years?
是的 比利 她做到了
Yes, Billie, she did.
她确实是一位了不起的女人
She was truly a wonderful woman.
我爱你这么说
I love you for saying that.
看 还有另一艘渡船驶向帕勒塞德斯
Look, there’s another ferryboat going across to the Palisades.
当我告诉你一些事情时 你会一直注意吗?
Will you keep your eyes on it while I tell you something?
我可以看看渡船听你说话吗?
Must I look at a ferryboat to listen to you?
是的 否则我将无法告诉你
Yes, or I won’t be able to tell you.
你的意思是这位伟人的男人很害羞?
You mean the great lady’s man is bashful?
在你的面前 他看起来很奇怪
Strange as it may seem, in your presence, he is.
好吧 我在找
All right, I’m looking.
我爱你 比利
I love you, Billie.
渡船
The ferryboat.
我没有什么可为你提供的 因为你似乎没有什么真正需要的
I haven’t anything to offer you, because there’s nothing you really seem to need.
你已经充分利用了自己的协助 这真是太好了
You’ve made the most of yourself unassisted, and that’s grand.
渡船
Ferryboat.
你已经是一位伟大的明星 所以我无能为力
You’re a great star already, so there’s little I can offer you.
除了我的爱 我什么也不能给你
Nothing I can give you, except my love.
这还不够
That isn’t enough.
我希望你的一部分野心 你的一半麻烦…
I’d expect part of your ambition, half of your trouble…
…三分之二的忧虑和所有的尊敬
…two-thirds of your worries and all of your respect.
夫人 这是你的药
Here’s your medicine, madame.
不 谢谢你 玛丽 我对此感到厌倦
No, thank you, Marie. I’m tired of it.
但是 夫人 -不 不 不 不
But, madame…. -No, no, no, no.
也许你想去巴黎?
Perhaps you would like to go to Paris?
不 我太累了 无法去任何地方做任何事情
No, I’m too tired to go anywhere and to do anything.
玛丽…
Marie….
看报纸…
Look at the paper…
…告诉我他们去哪里度蜜月?
…and tell me where did they go on their honeymoon?
但是 夫人 他们哪也去不了
But they couldn’t go anywhere, madame.
伯克小姐正在这里演出
Miss Burke is appearing in a play here.
我们两个星期前见到她
We saw her only two weeks ago.
夫人 你坚持要坚持 你记得
You insisted, madame. You remember.
对 我知道 我们也非常喜欢它
Oui, I know. And we enjoyed it very much too.
她是一个可爱的女演员 玛丽 对吗?
She’s a lovely actress, Marie, oui?
她的眼睛闪闪发光
She has such twinkling eyes…
…以及当她说话时这么有趣的声音
…and such a funny little twitter when she speaks.
是的 我完全可以想象弗洛爱上了她
Yes, I can well imagine Flo being in love with her.
玛丽?
Marie?
打电♥话♥给他的办公室 我会祝贺他
Call his office. I will congratulate him.
你好? 请接布莱恩3093
Hello? Brian 3093, please.
我应该祝他好运 对吗?
I should wish him luck, oui?
是的 -拜托 齐格飞先生
Oui, I should. -Mr. Ziegfeld, please.
安娜小姐 -不 玛丽 挂断电♥话♥!
Miss Anna Held speaking. -No, Marie, hang up!
我今天不能和他说话! -齐格飞先生?
I cannot speak with him today! -Mr. Ziegfeld?
夫人 他正在线上
He’s on the telephone, madame.
他是?
He is?
你好 弗洛
Hello, Flo.
是的 这是安娜
Yes, here’s Anna.
今天我为你感到高兴
I’m so happy for you today.
我不禁打电♥话♥给你 并向你表示祝贺
I could not help but call on you and congratulate you.
太好了 弗洛 在我的一生中再也没有比这更好的了
Wonderful, Flo. Never better in my whole life.
我对我的新计划感到非常兴奋 我要去巴黎
I’m so excited about my new plans. I’m going to Paris.
是的 有几个星期 然后我可以回来…
Yes, for a few weeks, and then I can get back…
然后我正在做一个新节目 我…
…and then I’m doing a new show, and I–
对 这真是太好了 我感到很开心
Oui, it’s all so wonderful. I’m so happy.
是的 我也希望你也开心
Yes, and I hope you are happy too.
是的?
Yes?
弗洛 我为你感到高兴
I’m so glad for you, Flo.
前夫和前妻互相告诉对方他们有多幸福 这听起来很可笑
It sounds funny for ex-husband and ex-wife to tell each other how happy they are, oui?
是的 弗洛
Yes, Flo.
再见 弗洛
Goodbye, Flo.
再见
Goodbye.
如果你是如此爱他 为什么要与他离婚?
If you love him so much, why did you divorce him?
因为我认为这会让他回到我身边
Because I thought it would bring him back to me.
我确信这会让他回到我身边
I was sure that it would bring him back to me.
天哪 天哪 天哪! 这就是我的全部吗?
Goody, goody, goody! Is that all for me?
那肯定是 所有都是你的 这还不是全部 西德尼
That certainly is, every bit for you. And that isn’t all. Sidney?
是的先生?
Yes, sir?
现在 如果你不喜欢这边的风景…
Now, if you don’t like the view from this side…
然后 -我不知道
…then– -I don’t.
那是圣诞老人从烟囱掉下来了 -是的!
That’s the chimney Santa came down. -Yes!
那是驯鹿停下来的地方 我不知道他们如何避免滑落
That’s where the reindeer stopped. -I wonder how they kept from sliding off.
可能是砖挡住了它们
Probably the bricks stopped them.
妈咪 我进去的空间差不多够大了
See, Mommy, it’s almost big enough for me to get in.
它是! -几乎所有人都可以进入
It is! -It’s almost big enough for us all to get in.
哦是的! 西德尼 -是的 先生?
Oh, yes! Sidney…. -Yes, sir?
圣诞老人还没有带来大象吗?
Hasn’t Santa Claus brought the elephant yet?
先生 还没有 但是他 她… 先生 随时都可能在这里
Not yet, sir, but he, she– It may be here at any moment, sir.
你没买♥♥大象吗? 我做到了
You didn’t buy an elephant? -I did.
活着的大象 爸爸? -一头活生生的大象
A live elephant, Daddy? -A great big, live elephant.
先生 女士 请你原谅
I beg your pardon, sir, madam.
代表所有仆人 并作为他们的发言人…
In behalf of the help, and as their spokesman…
我想对你的体贴和慷慨表示感谢
…I wish to express our thanks for your thoughtfulness and generosity…
…并祝你圣诞节快乐
…and to wish you a very merry Christmas.
谢谢 -很好 西德尼
Thank you. -That’s very nice, Sidney.
并祝大家圣诞快乐
And may we wish a very merry Christmas to all of you.
谢谢你 先生 谢谢夫人 圣诞节快乐
Thank you, sir. Thank you, madam. Merry Christmas.
还有你 帕特里夏小姐
And to you, Miss Patricia.
西德尼 你也一样
Same to you, Sidney.
现在 打开礼物怎么样?
Now, how about opening your presents?
尽管有这么多铺张浪费 我还是有点害怕
With all this extravagance, I’m a little afraid to.
废话 亲爱的 那是圣诞节的目的
Nonsense, darling, that’s what Christmas is for.
快点
Come on, now.
哦 弗洛 -现在
Oh, Flo. -Now.
这不全是我的吗? 嗯 还有谁呢?
This isn’t all for me? -Well, who else?
我不知道先打开哪个 -好吧 假设你尝试这个
I don’t know which one to open first. -Well, suppose you try this one.
哦 弗洛!
Oh, Flo!
钻石王冠
A crown of diamonds.
多么美丽
How beautiful.
这证明美国不是共和国
This proves that America is not a republic.
因为你是王后 所以王后总是戴王冠
Because you are the queen, and queens always wear crowns.
只属于富豪手腕的手链
A bracelet for the regal wrist.
配的上皇家喉咙的项链
A pendant for the royal throat.
然后… -弗洛!
And…. -Flo!
女王陛下的披风
A cloak for Her Majesty’s shoulders.
亲爱的! -和…
Darling! -And….
哦 不 弗洛 没有其他的! -是的
Oh, no, Flo. Nothing else! -Yes.
她最卑微仆人的一个吻
A kiss from her most humble subject.
亲爱的!
Darling!
哦 一切都那么可爱
Oh, everything’s so lovely.
但是你不应该做那么多 -哦 我…
But you shouldn’t have done so much. -Oh, well, I….