好吧 我的女孩好吗?
Well, how’s my girl?
我的朋友怎么样?
How’s my fella?
好吧 我的小玛丽·露现在是个大姑娘 不是吗?
Well, my little Mary Lou is a big girl now, isn’t she?
是的!
Yes!
是的 的确是一个非常大的姑娘
Yes, indeed, a very big girl.
你不高兴见到我吗? 是的 我当然是!
Aren’t you glad to see me? -Yes, I certainly am!
即使我不是和你一起在大西洋城?
Even if I wasn’t at Atlantic City with you?
别傻了 我一直都知道你
Don’t be silly. I knew you all the time.
现在 宝贝
Now, fibber….
嗯 你到纽约多久了? -一天
Well, how long you been in New York? -One day.
一天 你最近见过我父亲吗? 是的 就在我离开之前
One day. You seen my father lately? -Yes, just before I left.
哦 这使我想起来 他叫我给你一个大大的吻
Oh, that reminds me, he told me to give you a big kiss.
好吧
Well.
你知道 我认为是公平的…
You know, I think that in all fairness…
我应该告诉你我现在是已婚男人 -是的 我知道 我读到了
…I should tell you I am a married man now. -Yes, I know. I read about it.
这几乎让我心碎
It nearly broke my heart.
但是在纽约结婚并不意味着什么 不是吗?
But being married in New York doesn’t mean anything, does it?
哦 是的 小姐
Oh, yes, it does, young lady.
现在 你为什么在这里 我能为你做什么?
Now, why are you here, and what can I do for you?
好吧 首先 我想就你寄给我的所有糖果给你一个大大的吻
Well, first of all, I want to give you a big kiss for all the candy you sent me.
你已经做了两次 现在 还有什么呢?
You’ve already done that twice. Now, what else?
好吧 我想进弗里斯剧组 -你?
Well, I want to go into the Follies. -You do?
我已经上了两年舞蹈课 -是吗?
I’ve been taking dancing lessons two years. -Yeah?
你的父母感觉如何? -我不再有父母了
How do your father and mother feel? -I haven’t a father and mother anymore.
亲爱的 我很抱歉
I’m so sorry, my dear.
当然 吉米会不喜欢
Of course, Jimmy won’t like it.
谁是吉米? 我刚订婚的一个人
Who’s Jimmy? -Just another fellow I’ve been engaged to.
那好吧…
Oh, well….
好的 我想我们可以照顾你 -你认为我们今晚可以一起吃晚饭吗?
All right, I think we can look after you. -Do you think we can have dinner tonight?
好吧 不 不 恐怕不行
Well, no, no, I’m afraid we can’t.
哦 爱丽丝! -是的先生
Oh, Alice! -Yes, sir.
把这位女士带到舞台上 并告诉朱利安让她担任额外的舞者
Take this lady down to the stage and tell Julian to put her on as an extra dancer.
暂且 -哦 天哪 谢谢你!
For the time being. -Oh, gee, thank you!
玛丽·露是我来自芝加哥的老朋友 她对这里很陌生
Mary Lou is an old friend of mine from Chicago, and she’s a stranger here.
所以我希望你能照顾她 -是的先生
So I’d like you to sort of look after her. -Yes, sir.
亲爱的 这边 -哦 我走之前可以说一件事吗?
This way, dear. -Oh, may I say one thing before I go?
嗯 是的 当然 什么? -我原谅你不嫁给我
Well, yes, of course. What? -I forgive you for not marrying me.
好的 再见了 亲爱的 -再见
All right. Goodbye, dear. -Goodbye.
你好 对不起 你好 爱丽丝 -说吧 弗洛!
Hello. Pardon me. Hello, Alice. -Say, Flo!
我知道! 你有一首新歌♥
I know! You got a new song.
我会说我们有 弹奏他的旋律 丹尼
I’ll say we have. Play him the melody, Danny.
哦 你会为此而疯狂的 弗洛
Oh, you’ll go crazy over this, Flo.
齐格飞先生
Mr. Ziegfeld.
我必须打扰你 这个很重要
I must interrupt you. This is important.
我有个主意 -可以节省多少?
I got an idea. -How much will it save?
这与金钱无关 -感觉还好吗?
This has nothing to do with money. -Feeling all right?
我通常会头疼 但这是关于才华的
My usual headache, but this is about talent.
好和便宜 毫无疑问? -物美价廉 一位年轻的女士 名字叫布莱斯
Good and cheap, no doubt? -Exactly. A young lady, the name of Brice.
范妮·布莱斯 她正在演滑稽戏 -我见过她 弗洛
Fannie Brice. She’s working in burlesque. -I’ve seen that gal, Flo.
很漂亮? -是也不是
Pretty? -Well, yes and no.
闭上眼睛听 是的 睁开眼睛看 不
Shut your eyes and listen, yes. Open them and look, no.
但是表演很出色 -我们今晚应该见她一次
But a great performer. -We should see her at once, tonight.
可以把你的外套给我吗? -为什么不? 你买♥♥给我的
Shall I take your coat? -Why not? You bought it for me.
我把它给了你 是因为你这周一直表现得很好
I gave it to you because you’ve been behaving yourself this week.
下周你打算给我什么?
What are you going to give me next week?
看节目 -我不知道你怎么能找到…
Watch the show. -I don’t see how you can find…
在这样一个地方的伟大的星星
…great stars in a place like this.
我们一些最伟大的明星居然来自这样的地方
Some of our greatest stars have come from places like this.
好吧 当然 还不是明星 我不懂
Well, of course, not being a star yet, I wouldn’t know.
如果你表现得很好 就可以
You can, if you behave yourself.
现在发生了什么 范妮? 吉姆老板
What’s on now, Fannie? -Jim Boss.
如果那个家伙很有趣 我会 -那个家伙将来有一天会成为大明星
If that guy’s funny, I’ll be a– -That guy’s gonna be a big star someday.
他会让你发笑 让你哭泣 是的 他会让我恶心
He can make you laugh and make you cry. -Yeah, and he can make me sick.
漫画让我厌烦
Comics bore me.
你也给我带来了痛苦 总是告诉我谁将成为伟大的明星
You give me a pain in the neck too, always telling me who’s gonna be a great star.
一旦沦为演滑稽戏 就会一直演滑稽戏
Once in burlesque, always in burlesque.
除非你长相 声音或其他任何东西
Unless you got looks or a voice or something.
好吧 那是我得到的 孩子 -什么?
Well, that’s what I got, kid. -What?
某些事情 -在水平上…
Something. -On the level…
…你不希望摆脱滑稽戏吗?
…you don’t hope to get out of burlesque?
你在这里很好 因为这些人来自第十大道
You’re good here because these people are from 1 0th Avenue.
你认为自己在第五大道的状况如何?
How good do you think you’d be on Fifth Avenue?
这一半还好 另一边丝♥袜♥不见了
Half as good. Another silk stocking gone.
我再也不会从那些舞台小贩那里买♥♥东西了
I’ll never buy anything from those stage-door peddlers again.
那是你以前说的 你让伙计干什么呢? 这里
That’s what you said before. What’d you let the fella in for? Here.
他告诉剧场门童他的名字叫贝拉斯科
He told the stage doorman his name was Belasco.
你以为是制♥作♥人贝拉斯科先生
And you thought it was the Mr. Belasco, the producer.
亲自打电♥话♥来看你吗? -好吧 也许我有点乐观
Calling personally to see you? -Well, maybe I was a little optimistic.
布莱斯小姐 齐格飞先生在这里见你
Miss Brice, Mr. Ziegfeld is here to see you.
另一个小贩
Another peddler.
首先是贝拉斯科 现在是齐格飞
First it’s Belasco, now it’s Ziegfeld.
告诉齐格飞先生我不在 如果我在 告诉他我不会见他
Tell Mr. Ziegfeld I’m not in, and if I was in, tell him I wouldn’t see him.
如果我确实看见他 告诉他我不会买♥♥东西
And if I did see him, tell him I wouldn’t buy a thing.
是的 女士 -谢谢
Yes, miss. -Thank you.
布莱斯小姐?
Miss Brice?
希望我不要打扰
I hope I’m not intruding.
我是弗洛伦茨·齐格飞 -是这样吗?
I’m Florenz Ziegfeld. -Is that so?
莎拉 这是齐格飞先生 齐格飞先生 这是莎拉·伯恩哈特
Sarah, this is Mr. Ziegfeld. Mr. Ziegfeld, this is Sarah Bernhardt.
不是莎拉·伯恩哈特?
Not the Sarah Bernhardt?
好吧…
Well….
很高兴遇到你 -如果碰到你的朋友贝拉斯科…
A pleasure to run into you. -If you run into your friend Belasco…
告诉他穿着长筒袜跑吧
…tell him about the runs in his stockings.
你认识大卫·贝拉斯科吗? -比你知道的齐格飞更好
Do you know David Belasco? -Better than you know Ziegfeld.
好吧 来吧 你想要什么?
Well, come on, what do you want for it?
我没兴趣
I’m not interested.
布莱斯小姐 我是在这里为你提供一个很好的机会
Miss Brice, I am here to offer you a great opportunity.
他们都是这么说的
That’s what they all say.
这是什么样的皮草?
What kind of fur is this?
这个?
This?
那是貂皮 -这样?
That’s mink. -That so?
价格是多少?
And what’s the price?
好吧 原来的价格是2700美元
Well, the original cost was $2700.
谁在乎是不是正品? 复刻的也一样
Who cares from originals? Copies is just as good.
来吧 我会试穿的
Come on, I’ll try it on.
是的当然
Yes, of course.
事实上 它应该非常适合你
As a matter of fact, it ought to fit you very well.
不要跟我说话 只要告诉我价格
Don’t give me the talk, just tell me the price.
我不想买♥♥ 但我会给你50美元
I don’t wanna buy it, but I’ll give you $50 for it.
不超过一分钱 -布莱斯小姐 那件外套是你的
And not a cent more. -Miss Brice, the coat is yours.
再次卡住 -范妮! 你真的要买♥♥吗?
Stuck again. -Fannie! Are you really gonna buy it?
如果我能给贝拉斯科4美元买♥♥棉制的丝♥袜♥…
If I can give Belasco 4 dollars for silk stockings made of cotton…
…我可以再给齐格飞一件臭鼬制成的貂皮大衣
…I can give Ziegfeld more for a mink coat made of skunk.
此外 讨价还价是讨价还价 这里
Besides, a bargain’s a bargain. Here.
这是你的40美元
Here’s your $40.
在我改变主意之前滚蛋
Get out before I change my mind.
谢谢你
Thank you.
范妮!
Fannie!
范妮! -什么?
Fannie! -What?
范妮 看!
Fannie, look!
什么? 起球了已经? 不 触感! 这是真正的貂皮
What? Moths already? -No, feel! It’s real mink.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
常有人说要送我貂皮大衣
I’ve been promised one often enough to tell.
这是真正的貂皮 好吧 它可能是被盗的货物
It’s real mink, all right. It’s probably stolen goods.
你是说穿起来很暖吗? -当然是温暖的
You mean it’s hot? -Of course it’s warm.
那么如果我留着它 我会被捕吗? -当然可以
Then I’ll be arrested if I keep it? -Of course you will.
打电♥话♥给舞台经理! 报♥警♥! 打电♥话♥给我妈妈!
Call the stage manager! Call the police! Call my mother!
进来
Come in.
给布莱斯小姐的信
Message for Miss Brice.
你看吧 我要死了
You read it. I’m dying.
“亲爱的范妮·布莱斯
“Dear Fannie Brice.