Watching you?
是的
Yes.
盖茨比一直在盯着我
Gatsby was always watching me.
你怎么知道的
And how did you know that?
我收到一份邀请
I got an invitation.
只有我收到了邀请
I was the only one.
我是说 除我之外
By which I mean no one except me
恐怕没人真正收到过盖茨比家的邀请
ever received an actual invitation to Gatsby’s.
亲爱的卡罗威先生 还望赏光我的小派对 您真诚的杰·盖茨比
其他纽约人
You see, the rest of New York
都是不请自来
simply came uninvited.
全市的人三五成群地搭车而来
The whole city packed into automobiles.
每个周末
And all weekend, every weekend
都在盖茨比家度过
ended up at Gatsby’s.
不管是谁 什么工作
And I mean everyone from every walk of life
住在哪里的人都会来
from every corner of New York City,
这场缤纷夺目的嘉年华
this kaleidoscopic carnival
挤破了盖茨比家的大门
spilled through Gatsby’s door.
闪开
Out of the way!
我的邀请函
My invitation.
先生 这是我的邀请函
Sir, my invitation.
这边
This Way!
大厅里满是
A caravanserai of billionaire playboy publishers
左拥右抱的出版界富豪
and their blond nurses.
沙滩上是炫耀遗产的小姐们
Heiresses comparing inheritances on Gatsby’s beach.
我老板沃尔特·切斯在轮盘赌上输了钱
My boss, Walter Chase, losing money at the roulette tables.
八卦写手伺机而动
Gossip columnists alongside,
黑帮和政♥府♥官员互换号♥码 打成一片
gangsters and governors exchanging telephone numbers.
影星
Film stars.
百老汇导演
Broadway directors.
道德的捍卫者
Morality protectors.
叛逆的青少年
High school defectors.
这是尤因·克里普斯普林格 传言是贝多芬的后代
And Ewing Klipspringer, dubious descendent of Beethoven.
请问派对主人盖茨比先生在哪里
Do you know where I might find the host, Mr. Gatsby?
我就住隔壁
I live just next door.
盖茨比吗
Gatsby?
先生 我从未见过盖茨比先生
I’ve never seen Mr. Gatsby, sir.
根本没人见过他
Why, no one has.
孤身一人 又碰了一鼻子灰
Alone, and a little embarrassed.
我决定不醉不休
I decided to get roaring drunk.
我就觉得看到的是你
I thought I might see you here.
你好
Hello.
我记得你就住隔壁
I remembered you live next door.
这里就像游乐园
It’s like an amusement park.
跳支舞吧
Shall we?
你收到邀请函了吗
Did you get an invitation?
来盖茨比家是不用邀请函的
People aren’t invited to Gatsby’s.
但是我收到了
Well, I was.
好像就我收到了
Seems I’m the only one.
盖茨比究竟是何方神圣
Who is this Gatsby?
他曾是战时德国间谍
He was a German spy during the war.
泰迪·巴顿
Teddy Barton.
尼克·卡罗威
Nick Carraway.
德国间谍吗
A German spy?
不对不对 他是德皇的杀手
No, no, no. He’s the Kaiser’s assassin.
-听说他杀过人 -没错
– I heard he killed a man once. – It’s true.
就是杀着玩而已 也没被抓
Kills for fun, free of charge.
绝对是有通天的本领
He’s certainly richer than God.
你不会真♥相♥信他杀过人吧
You don’t really believe he killed a man, do you?
找到他以后 你自己问问不就知道了
Let’s go find him and you can ask him yourself.
女士们先生们 掌声欢迎
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage…
才华横溢的
the incredible
吉尔达·格蕾 因西米舞而闻名的美国艺人
吉尔达·格蕾小姐
Miss Gilda Gray!
带来查尔斯顿舞
The Charleston!
至少我还怀念着
At least I miss
环球之旅
Trips around the world
不是你的女人
Don’t mean a thing
就一文不值
If I ain’t your girl
宝贝 我没时间陪你耗
I ain’t got time for you, baby
不管你属不属于我
Either you’re mine or you’re not
盖茨比先生
Mr. Gatsby?
亲爱的宝贝
Sweet baby
来吧
Come on.
此时此地
Right here, right now
但你弄错了
But you are mistaken!
因为我就是
For I am
神秘的
the mysterious
盖茨比先生
Mr. Gatsby.
你们找不到他的
You won’t find him.
这房♥子只不过是
This house and everything in it are all part
精心布置的假象
of an elaborate disguise.
而盖茨比先生并不存在
But Mr. Gatsby doesn’t exist.
呸 我碰到过他
Phooey. I’ve met him.
是吗 是哪一个身份的他呢
Really? Which one?
是王子
The prince?
还是间谍
The spy?
亦或是杀人犯
The murderer?
我找不出一个
I cannot find anyone
了解一点真实内♥幕♥的人
who knows anything real about Mr. Gatsby.
我不在乎
Well, I don’t care.
他办了这么多大型派对
He gives large parties
很合我心意
and I like large parties.
有很多私人空间
They’re so intimate.
派对小了 哪儿都能撞见人
Small parties, there isn’t any privacy.
假如你说的是对的
But if that’s true,
这又是为了什么
what’s all this for?
我亲爱的朋友
That, my dear fellow
这是个问题
is the question.
准备好了吗
Are you ready?
小小派对 无伤大雅
A little party never killed nobody
所以就算跳到精疲力尽 依然不停息
So we gonna dance until we drop still go on
小小派对 无伤大雅
A little party never killed nobody
此时此刻就请及时行乐吧
Right here, right now is all we got
小小派对 无伤大雅
A little party never killed nobody
能请你跳这一曲吗
May I have this dance?
你个小白脸
You penniless pantywaist.
小小派对 无伤大雅
A little party never killed nobody
我把她借走了 卡罗威
I’m stealing her away. Carraway.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen!
世界顶尖爵士舞曲过后
A jazz history of the world,
为您带来的是
and accompanying
烟花表演
fireworks!
-快点 尼克 -看看你周围
– Come on. Nick. – Look around you.
富家女是不会嫁给穷小子的
Rich girls don’t marry poor boys.
她是我的
She’s mine.
你看起来好眼熟
Your face is familiar.
您战时曾在第三师吗
Weren’t you in the Third Division during the war?
-对 在第九营 -我在第七营
– Oh, yes, the 9th Battalion. – I was in the 7th.
-借过 -我就觉得是见过的
– Excuse me. – I knew you looked familiar.
玩得开心吗 老伙计
Having a good time, old sport?
真是太神奇了
The whole thing’s incredible.
我就住隔壁呢
I live just next door.
他真给我发邀请函了 好像就我收到了
He sent me an actual invitation. Seems I’m the only one.
我还没见过盖茨比先生本人
I still haven’t met Mr. Gatsby.
没人见过他
No one’s met him.
听说是德皇的三表弟
They say he’s third cousin to the Kaiser,
又是魔鬼的二堂弟
and second cousin to the devil.
恕我招待不周 老伙计
I’m afraid I haven’t been a very good host, old sport.
我
You see,
就是盖茨比
I’m Gatsby.
您就是…