We heard there was work in a place called Tovaris.
是吗你走错路了
Yeah? You’re heading the wrong way.
另外 这里不欢迎俄基佬
What’s more, we don’t want more Okies in this town.
这里的活儿根本就不够
There ain’t enough work here for them that’s already here.
-哪边走 先生 -转右 往北走
-Which way’s it at? -You turn right around and head north.
棉花成熟之前不要回来 知道吗
And don’t you come back until the cotton’s ready. You understand?
爸 我们试试另一个轮胎吧
Pa. Let’s try that other tyre.
-轮胎又没气了 -又有轮胎没气了
-You got another flat tyre, Tom? -What? Another one?
爸爸 把毯子拿来
Pa, get that spare back there?
妈 站起来好吗
Ma, will you get the hell off there.
车已经够重的了
This is gonna be heavy enough.
必须得想个办法
Tell you, something’s got to happen soon.
我们只剩下一天的黄油
We’re down to our last day of grease
两天的面粉…十只土豆
and two days of flour and ten potatoes.
还有罗丝 她快要临盆了
And Rosasharn -we gotta remember she’s gonna be due soon.
-早上好 -早上好
-Morning. -Morning.
在找工作吗
You folks looking for work?
我们找工作都快找疯了
We’re looking even under boards for work.
-摘桃子有兴趣吗 -摘什么都行
-Can you pick peaches? -We can pick anything.
再走40英里
There’s plenty of work about 40 miles up here,
匹克雷旁边活儿多的是
this side of Pixley.
在32号♥公路转东
You turn east on 32,
找基尼果园 说史先生介绍你们去的
look for the Keene ranch. Tell them Spencer sent you.
-多谢 先生 -多谢
-Mister, we sure thank you. -Thank you.
我们走 妈
Come on, Ma.
-这是什么 失事车 -你们去哪儿
-What is it? A wreck? -Where do you think you’re going?
史先生介绍我们来的 说这里有摘桃子的活儿
Fella named Spencer sent us. Said there was work.
-你们想工作对吧 -当然
-Oh, you wanna work, huh? -Sure do.
在前面排队
All right. Just pull up in line there.
放他过去 带他进去
OK for this one. Take ’em through.
怎么回事
What’s the matter? What happened?
出了点小麻烦 你没问题的
Oh, a little trouble up there, but you’ll get through all right.
到这边来
Go ahead.
什么事 难道是大清洗
What do you think it is? A washout?
我不知道警♥察♥来这儿干什么
l don’t know what these cops have got to do with it,
不过我不喜欢
but l don’t like it.
他们都是自己人 我不喜欢这样
These are our own people too. All of them. l don’t like this.
继续 排队
Get going. Stay in line.
继续
Go ahead.
你要做工贼吗
What are you gonna do, scab?
继续 快点儿
Go on. Hurry up.
快 快
Come on, come on, come on.
继续
Go on up there.
去前面那条街
Up the street there.
排好队 前面那条街
Keep in line, up the street.
跟紧点 伙计
Hold it, bud.
-要工作吗 -当然 不过这里搞什么名堂
-Wanna work? -Sure, but what is this?
-没你的事 -乔德
-None of your business. Name? -Joad.
-多少个男人 -四个
-How many men? -Four.
-女人 -两个
-Women? -Two.
-小孩 -两个
-Kids? -Two.
都能工作吗
Can you all work?
-可以 -好 去63号♥房♥
-Sure, l guess so. -OK. House 63.
工资金是一篮5美分 不许碰伤水果
Wages, five cents a box. No bruised fruit.
快 你们得马上开始工作
Move along. You go to work right away.
快 亲爱的
Come on, honey.
-姓名 -乔德
-Name? -Joad.
这里搞什么名堂
Say, what is all this here?
-乔德没有 -执照
-Joad. Not here. -Licence?
俄州 EL204
Oklahoma EL204.
不匹配
Don’t check.
听好 我们不想找你麻烦
Now, you look here. We don’t want no trouble with you.
干♥你♥的活儿
Just do your own work
少管闲事就行了
and mind your business and you’ll be all right.
真实宾至如归
Sure do wanna make you feel at home here all right.
-我们要住这儿吗 -对
-We going to live here, Ma? -Why, sure.
扫一扫还不错
This won’t be so bad once we get her washed out.
这里还不如帐蓬
l liked the tent better.
至少有地板
This has got a floor.
下雨不会漏
Won’t leak when it rains.
拿着 或许有用
Here. This might come in handy.
-姓名 -还是乔德
-Name? -Still Joad.
-多少人 -六个
-How many? -Six. You all go on.
你们都去 罗丝和我来卸车
Rosasharn and me will unload the truck.
-还有汉堡吗妈妈 -没有了
-Any more of them hamburgers, Ma? -No, there ain’t.
你赚一美元只能买♥♥那么多
You made a dollar. That’s a dollar’s worth.
一美元就这么点
Dollar’s worth? That?
公♥司♥的内部商店收费贵
They charge extra at that company store
又没有其它店子
and there ain’t no other place.
我没吃饱
Well, l ain’t full.
明天你工作一整天
Tomorrow you’ll get in a full day’s work
拿一天的工资金就够我们吃了
and a full day’s pay and then we’ll all have enough.
想不到摘水果
You wouldn’t thinkjust reaching up
也会腰酸背痛
and picking would get you in the back.
我去看看门口
Think l’ll walk out and find out
究竟怎么回事
what all that fuss outside the gate was.
有人一起去吗
Anybody come with me?
不去 我睡觉了
No, l think l’ll set awhile, then go to bed.
我去看看能不能碰上位姑娘
Think l’ll look around and see if l can’t meet me a girl.
-姑娘我在你这个年纪时 -爸
-Say, when l was your age, l… -Pa!
我有些好奇
Working on me what all that yelling was about.
想看看门口究竟什么名堂
Got me all curious.
我一会儿就回来
l’ll be back in a little while.
小心 汤姆
Tom. Now, you be careful.
别惹麻烦
Don’t you go sticking your nose in anything.
好 别担心
OK, Ma. Don’t worry.
你去哪儿
Where do you think you’re going?
散步
Thought l’d take a walk.
法律规定不许散步吗
ls there any law against that?
你最好往回走
You can just turn around and walk back.
-我连到外面都不行吗 -今晚不行
-You mean l can’t even get out of here? -Not tonight you can’t.
要么你自己回去
Do you want to walk back?
要么我叫人来拖你回去
Or shall l whistle up some help and have you taken back?
我自己回去
l’ll walk back.
-晚上好 -你是谁
-Evening. -Who are you?
-只是路过 -认识这儿的人吗
-Just going past. -Know anybody around here?
不认识 我说了我只是路过
No. Just going past, l tell you.
-凯西 -汤姆•乔德 你好
-Casy! -Well, if it ain’t Tom Joad. Hiya, boy.
-我以为你坐牢了 -没 他们只把我赶出了城
-l thought you was in jail. -No. They just run me out of town.
进来 汤姆•乔德
Come on in. Tom Joad.
他就是你谈起过的好汉
This the fella you been talking about?
对 你在这儿干吗
That’s him. What are you doing?
工作 摘桃子
Working, picking peaches.
我们来时听到有人在喊叫
l heard fellas shouting when we come in.
我来看看怎么回事
l came to find out what’s going on.
-究竟怎么了 -我们在罢♥工♥
-What’s it about? -This here’s a strike.
5美分一桶不多 但够填饱肚子
Five cents a box ain’t much, but a fella can eat.
5美分他们给你5美分
Five cents? They paying you five cents?
当然 从中午要现在我们赚了1美元了
Sure. We made a buck since midday.
我们来这儿找工
Looky, Tom. We come here to work.
起初说好5美分
They tell us it’s gonna be five cents,
后来因为人太多
but there’s a whole lot of us.
他们把价格压到2.5美分
So the man says two and a half cents.
连肚子都吃不饱 如果有孩子的话…
A fella can’t even eat on that and if he’s got kids…
我们不肯接受
So we says we won’t take it.
他们把我们赶了出来 现在他们付给你们5美分
So they drive us off. Now they’re paying you five cents.
现在是5美分
Dunno. Paying five now.
我们一离开就会变成2.5美分
They’ll get two and a half cents just the minute we’re gone.
就是说
You know what that is.
一吨♥桃子 又要摘又要抬 才一美元
One ton of peaches, picked and carried for a dollar.
连肚子都填不饱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!