and it’s definitely complicated,
我也完全没有准备好开始一段新的感情
and I’m not ready for a new relationship at all…
但是我感觉我错过了一些东西
but… but I feel I’ve missed out on something,
遇见一个特别的人的机会
an occasion to meet someone special.
我希望你知道我已经知道了…
And I want you to know that I know…
你的感觉
about your feelings,
没有关系
and that it’s… it’s okay, and…
默里把一切都告诉我了
I mean, Murray told me everything.
一切?
Everything?
是的,他本不应该…
Yeah. I mean, he shouldn’t have…
但他跟我透露了你对我的感觉
but he… he revealed your feelings for me.
那是什么感觉?
And what feelings would those be?
你爱我
That you love me.
他说我爱你?
He said I love you?
是的
Yeah.
那是谎言
That was a lie.
谎言?
A lie?
你对这里的人一无所知,保罗
You know nothing about people, Paul.
他们全都在骗你
They’ve all lied to you.
你们真有医生吗?-当然
You do have a doctor? – Yes.
我们能见他吗?-他去参加会议了
Could we meet him? – He’s away at a conference.
找到了!
Here it is!
不,这不是!
That’s, um… Oh, no, no, that’s not it!
哦!-不是,这是…
Oh! – No, that’s a…
在板球中,默里,怎样算一轮?
In cricket, Murray, what’s an over?
是…
Oh, well, it’s a…
你不知道,是吗?
You have no idea, do you?
这一个月,你一直在骗我,是吗?
You’ve been lying to me for a month, is that right?
不,不完全是
No. Not exactly.
够了!
Enough!
默里去世的儿子叫什么名字?
What’s the name of Murray’s dead son?
哈维
Harvey.
为什么?
Why?
为什么没有人跟我说实话?
Why can’t anyone just tell me the truth?
保罗…
Paul…
保罗!-那是医生吗?
Paul! – Is that the doctor?
你想知道真♥相♥?真♥相♥就是…
You want the truth? Yeah, well, the truth is…
渔业资源枯竭已经好几年了,好几年了!
it’s been years since the fishing dried up here. Years!
我们每个月排队去领救济金支票
We line up every month and collect welfare cheques.
保罗,你领过救济金吗?
You ever collect welfare, Paul?
你领到的不仅仅是钱,还有更多!
Well, you collect more than your money, let me tell you that much!
你领到了羞耻,你领到了很多羞耻
You collect shame. You collect a good deal of shame.
钱只能花15天
The money only lasts 15 days,
但是羞耻足够你花上一个月!
but you get enough shame to last a whole month!
那是要我们的命!
And it’s killing us!
我们需要工作!
We need jobs!
我告诉你真♥相♥,我也不想为石油公♥司♥工作
I’ll tell you the truth. I don’t wanna work for the oil company.
我更喜欢捕鱼,但是我们不允许捕鱼
I prefer to fish, but we’re not allowed to fish,
总之,不足以谋生!
not enough to make a living, anyways!
所以我要为这家石油什么的公♥司♥工作
So I’ll work for this petrochemical-whatever-the-frig,
等他们走了,我们会尝试其他办法
and when they’re gone, we’ll try something else,
为了拯救小渔港,值得这样做
because it’s worth it to save this harbour.
我很抱歉我们对你撒谎
And I’m sorry we lied to you,
因为我们完全不知道如何得到一个医生
because we hadn’t the foggiest idea how else to get a doctor here.
我们需要一个医生拯救这里的120个人,给他们希望!
We need a doctor to save 120 people, to give them some kind of hope!
他刚刚说120吗?-不,他说的是220
Did he say 120? – No, he said 220.
你有机会留在这里当真正的医生
You’ve got the opportunity here to be a real doctor.
那莫里斯医生呢?
What about Dr. Morris?
那也是谎言
That was a lie, too.
那谎言是为了你编的,现在是你的选择了,保罗
That lie was for you, but your choice, Paul.
你会去学板球吗?
Would you learn to play cricket?

No.
至少你讲了实话
Well, at least you’re being honest.
我愿意成为你的医生
I’ll be your doctor.
想喝一杯吗?-想,很想
Want a drink? – Yeah, really bad.
你请客!
You’re buying!
非常感谢!
Thank you very much!
看,这一部分不是…
Now, look, part of this, you see, is not gonna…
我的意思是看看你们这边的空间!
I mean, look at the space you got over here!
如果你想…那就回家吧
You’re comin’ home… if you want.
我们有工厂了
We got the facility.
职位比我们需要的多
We had more work than we needed.
没有人变富有,但是我们再度感到满足
None of us got rich, but we’re comfortable again.
弗兰克,检查一下那里的尺寸!
Frank, check those meters!
我们可以放假
We can take holidays,
把我们的孩子送去大学或职业学院
send our kids back to university or trade school.
但是现在蒂克尔黑德的人们所拥有的最重要的东西是
But the most important thing the people of Tickle Head have now…
是我们的自尊
is our pride.
够了,默里!-怎么了?
Okay, Murray! – What?
够了,这样一点都不专业,好吗?
That’s enough. It’s not professional, okay?
什么?-别这样!
What? – Stop it!
房♥子全都装♥修♥过了
The houses are all done up.
医保体制也已健全,人口也越来越多
The health plan is the best. Families are growing again.
我在这里主管时都没排那么长的队!
It was never backed up like this when I was in charge here!
亨利,你是最棒的!
You were the best, Henry!
我比这家伙好多了!我比这家伙好多了!
I was better than this guy! Way better than this guy.
你没把钱取完吧?
You didn’t take it all, did you?
我不能解释一天结束时
I can’t begin to explain the joy we feel
我们喜悦的心情…
at the end of the day just to be…
就是有那么点累
a little tired.
默里!
Mm, Murray!
真正的幸福
True happiness.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!