by the Prussian grippe. An absurd little disease.
如今只要一周就能治好
Today we treat it in a single week,
但在当时 数百万人因此丧命
but, in those days many millions died.
在被占领后的第21天
On the 21st day of the occupation,
朱波罗卡独♥立♥国家正式解体的
the morning the independent state of Zubrowka
那天早上
officially ceased to exist,
我们和古斯塔夫先生一起前往卢茨
we traveled with Monsieur Gustave to Lutz.
顺便回答一下你早前的问题
In answer to your earlier question, by the way,
当然做过
of course.
泽罗问过我在酒店这一行卑微的起点
Zero asked me about my humble beginnings in the hotel trade.
有段时间 我曾被认为是布达佩斯大饭店
I was, perhaps, for a time, considered the best Lobby Boy
最好的门童
we’d ever had at the Grand Budapest.
我认为可以这么说
I think I can say that.
而最终他超越了我
This one finally surpassed me.
但我还是得说 他找到了一位好老师
Although, I must say, he had an exceptional teacher.
的确
Truly.
“从何处而来两位光彩夺目的天使
“Whence came these two radiant, celestial brothers,
“有那么一刻 他们合为一体
“United, for an instant,
“一起飞过窗外繁星点点的天穹
“As they crossed the stratosphere of our starry window?
“一位从东而来 一位从西而来”
“One from the East and one from the West.”
非常好
Very good.
不准和她调情
Don’t flirt with her.
我们怎么又在停在麦田上了
Why are we stopping at a barley field again?
11月17日 卢茨闪电战开始
我觉得这些黑制♥服♥死气沉沉的
I find these black uniforms very drab.
你们好啊 孩子们
Well, hello there, chaps.
我们刚才还在谈论你们呢
We were just talking about you.
-请出示证件 -乐意效劳 一如既往
– Documents, please. – With pleasure, as always.
这是我们第一次
You’re the first of the official death squads
向敢死队正式介绍自己
to whom we’ve been formally introduced.
你好啊
How do you do?
昨♥日♥重♥现♥啊 是吧
Plus ca change, am I right?
亲爱的 他的是移♥民♥签证 三等工人身份
That’s a migratory visa with stage three worker status, darling.
请看这个
Read this.
请悉知
此证件持有者可以自♥由♥出行 不受阻碍
-出来 -不 待着
– Come outside. – Now, stay there.
我说到做到 如果你敢动这位先生
I give you my word, if you lay a finger on this man,
我会让你名誉扫地 丢掉饭碗
I’ll see you dishonorably discharged,
关在栅栏里 日落前就被绞死
locked up in the stockade and hanged by sundown.
在这野蛮的屠宰场里
There are still faint glimmers
的确残存着一些
of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse
曾被称为”人性”的文明之光
that was once known as humanity.
你这该死的 满脸麻子的法♥西♥斯♥混♥蛋♥
You filthy, goddamn, pock-marked, fascist assholes!
他就是其中之一
He was one of them.
还能说什么呢
What more is there to say?
最后怎么样了
What happened in the end?
最后他们射杀了他
In the end they shot him.
所以这些都归我了
So it all went to me.
晚饭后 我们去拿回房♥间的钥匙
After dinner, we went to collect the keys to our rooms,
但是让先生不在岗位上
but Monsieur Jean had abandoned his post.
我想他大概把我们忘了
I expect he’s forgotten all about us.
当然 近年来
In recent years, of course,
像布达佩斯大饭店这样的财产
such properties and holdings as the Grand Budapest
绝大多数都变成了公有财产
had with very few exceptions become common property.
尽管他和政♥府♥之间谈判的具体条款
While the precise terms of his negotiation
从来没有被公布过
with the new government had never been announced,
结果却是人尽皆知的秘密
the result was an open secret,
泽罗·穆斯塔法花了一笔不菲的财产
Zero Moustafa had traded a great and important fortune
换来了这座昂贵却不盈利 行将作古的酒店
in exchange for one costly, unprofitable, doomed hotel.
为什么呢
Why?
古斯塔夫先生套房♥
仅仅是感情用事吗
Was it merely sentimental?
直接问他太过鲁莽 而且不符合我的性格
It was quite forward of me and a bit out of character,
但我觉得必须得问
but I felt I must know,
就算是为了我的健康吧
for my health, I suppose.
抱歉我想问 希望不会给您带来困扰
Forgive me for asking. I hope I haven’t upset you.
当然不会
No, of course not.
是因为这是您与那个逝去的世界最后的关联吗
Is it simply your last connection to that vanished world,
您愿意的话 也可以说是他的世界
his world, if you will?
他的世界
His world?
不 我不这么认为
No, I don’t think so.
你知道 我们的工作相同
You see, we shared a vocation.
没必要这样来纪念他
It wouldn’t have been necessary.
这饭店是留着纪念阿加莎的
No. The hotel I keep for Agatha.
我们在这里度过了美好的时光
We were happy here.
虽然时间不长
For a little while.
说实话 我觉得他的世界
To be frank, I think his world had vanished
早在他步入之前就已经逝去了
long before he ever entered it.
但是毫无疑问
But, I will say,
他用超凡的魅力维持了这种假象
he certainly sustained the illusion with a marvelous grace.
-你要上楼吗 -不 我再坐会儿
– Are you going up? – No, I’ll sit for a little while.
晚安
Good night.
次周
The next week,
我乘船去了南美洲 寻求治愈
I sailed for a cure in South America
并开始了一段漫长的国外漂流
and began a long, wandering journey abroad.
多年都没再回过欧洲
I did not return to Europe for many years.
它的确是一片迷人的古老废墟
It was an enchanting old ruin.
但我再也无缘回去探访过
But I never managed to see it again.
灵感源于斯蒂芬·茨威格的作品
生于: 1881年 维也纳
卒于: 1942年 彼得罗波利斯