and the ingredient known as playback.
还有回放技巧
Understanding how effectively your own disinformation
要清楚你的假情报
is actually working on the enemy.
是否对敌人起了作用
It’s almost four.
快4点了
How do you spell syphilis? Is it one “L” or two?
梅毒怎么写?梅花的梅还是发霉的霉
Syphilis. One, I think. I never had it.
梅毒 梅花的梅吧 没得过
It’s vital to penetrate the enemy’s intelligence services.
一定要攻击对手的情报系统
Push them into an unreal world, as it were.
把他们引入一个虚假世界
Doctors in England today
今日 英国的医生们宣布
announced that medical records taken from Adolf Hitler’s personal physician,
从希♥特♥勒♥的私人医生 西奥多·莫雷尔的
Dr. Theodor Morell, revealed that Mr. Hitler had contracted syphilis
医疗纪录来看 希♥特♥勒♥在一战
while serving in the German armed forces during World War l.
效力于德国陆军时已染上梅毒
The very qualities that make a good intelligence officer,
多疑和不厌其烦
a suspicious mind, a love of complexity and detail,
是你和你的对手
are the very qualities of someone you’ll be observing.
都必备的素质
Good evening, Lord Cooper.
晚上好 库珀勋爵
I have some information that might be of interest to you.
你会对这些消息感兴趣的
The mental facility to detect conspiracies and betrayal
察觉阴谋和背叛的头脑
are the same qualities most likely to corrode natural judgment.
同样能扰乱你的判断
Everything that seems clear is bent. And everything that seems bent is clear.
事实皆被扭曲 看似虚假便是真♥相♥
Trapped in reflections,
在这是非颠倒的世界
you must learn to recognize when a lie masquerades as the truth,
你必须学会认清事实真♥相♥
and then deal with it efficiently, dispassionately.
这样才能高效冷静地处理事情
We know you’ve been passing information to the German High Command.
我们知道你在给德军统帅部提供情报
Never give anyone time to think.
不要给任何人思考的机会
Now, I’m going to offer you one of two choices.
你有两条路
You set the tone of the discussion and quickly come to the point.
看似讨论实则直奔主题
Either you can be executed for treason,
要么以叛国罪处死你
or you can continue to spy for the enemy here
要么监视这里的敌人
and provide them with the information we provide you with.
提供给他们 我们给你的情报
Pass this on to your German friends. And if I find out it wasn’t done,
把这个给你的德国朋友 如果我发现你没干的话
there won’t be a second chance.
就不会再有第二次机会了
You’ll quite simply be hanged as a spy. Do we understand each other?
你会迅速被当作间谍处死 明白了么?
How do we know he won’t be working for two masters?
你怎么知道他不会做双重间谍?
Precisely. We don’t.
我们恰恰不知道
How do I know if I can even trust you? You won’t.
我怎么知道能不能信任你? 不能
I mean, I hope you’re lucky enough to meet someone you trust.
我的意思是 希望你能找到值得信任的人
I regret to say
遗憾的是
I haven’t.
我找不到
You must be young Edward.
你一定就是年轻的爱德华
Dr. Fredericks has told me so much about you.
弗雷德里克博士一直提起你
Arch Cummings. Nice to meet you.
我是艾奇·库明斯 很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
我也是
I understand we’re of a like mind on many things.
我们在很多方面都很像
Good schoolboys, Yale, Cambridge.
都是好学生 耶鲁和剑桥
Dreamers.
都很有梦想
They say to be an exceptional intelligence officer,
人们说想要成为出色的情报员
you have to have a steady mind,
就必须意志坚定
an unwavering sense of belief in what you’re doing,
对工作有忠贞的信念
and be a hopeless romantic.
还要不可救药的浪漫
American Trade Bureau.
美国贸易局
It’s overseas, a Senator Russell for you.
国际长途 罗素议员找你
Hello?
喂?
Yes. Yeah. Yes, I can hear you.
嗯 对 听得见
Thank you for telling me.
谢谢你告诉我
Goodbye.
再见
We had a boy.
我有儿子了
Would you mind if we called him Edward? If we called him Edward Junior?
叫他爱德华好吗?小爱德华?
I love that. I think it’s perfect. Fit for a king.
太好了 完美的名字 有君王气息
That’s what I was thinking. Fit for a king. You like Edward?
我就是这么想的 有君王气息 喜欢爱德华吗?
I think he likes it.
他好像挺喜欢的
So, how are you? Are you
你最近怎样?是在
saving the world and keeping us safe?
拯救世界吗?在保护我们?
Sometimes.
有时吧
What color are his eyes?
他的眼睛什么颜色?
Hello?
喂?
Hello?
喂?
ARCH. When he’s old enough, you can read it to him.
等他长大了就能念给他听了
It’s a first edition.
这是第一版的
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. It was my father’s.
查尔斯·狄更斯的《圣诞歌♥声》 是我父亲的
He would read it to me when I was a boy.
小时候他念给我听的
Thank you.
谢谢
I had an unfortunate discovery today.
今天发现了件糟糕的事
A man that works for me, sat just outside my door.
我的人坐在我家门口
I found out he had given a rose to a woman with a small note.
他给了个女人一朵玫瑰和一张纸条
The rose was quite lovely, an Abyssinian rose,
玫瑰非常漂亮 是阿比西尼亚玫瑰
its stem neatly wrapped in silk paper. All quite beautiful and touching,
茎秆巧妙地包裹着丝纸 非常美丽感人
save for the fact that the paper was filled with secret writing for her German friends
除了那张给德国人的纸条
detailing changes to the American order of battle here.
写满了美国在这里的战争指令
Excuse me, sir.
先生 打扰一下
Thank you. Thank you, sir.
谢谢 谢谢先生
How did the Irish poet say it?
就像那个爱尔兰诗人说的
“A friend for today is tomorrow’s heartbreak.”
昔日友情 今朝凋零
Do you know what my deepest fear is? That I will end up friendless.
我最怕的 便是孤寂而终
Completely alone.
无亲无故
I think you two know each other.
你们都认识了吧
Richard. I didn’t expect to see you. Hello, Edward.
理查德 你也来了啊 嗨 爱德华
Mr. Hayes has come over to work with us in Special Operations.
海耶斯会在特殊行动中帮我们
I hope you don’t mind, I’ve invited him to join our conversation.
不介意他加入我们的谈话吧
I’m afraid our dear English teacher has a bad habit of making easy friendships.
恐怕亲爱的英国老师有点交友不慎
You know, of course, about his particular sexual tastes.
你知道的 他特殊的性取向
I’m afraid he’s not been very discriminating in his partners.
而且对伴侣不加选择
Some people are extremely worried about his exposure.
我们很担心他会泄密
I hope you two can help sort this rather delicate matter out for us.
希望你们两个能解决这棘手的问题
This seems to me to be a problem for the British.
这不是英国人的事么
Why are we involved?
和我们有什么关系?
The British are a civilized people.
英国人很文明
They don’t eat their own. They have somebody do it for them.
不会自相残杀 他们会叫别人来做
So why are you telling me?
那你告诉我♥干♥嘛?
I’m giving you an opportunity to handle it. Or somebody else will.
给你机会 否则就由别人来干了
I’m sorry you’ve been brought into this.
很抱歉连累你了
If the headmaster won’t listen to reason, you might want to tie your shoe.
如果他不服理的话 你就系好自己的鞋带吧
I’m sorry it has to be this way.
很抱歉 但必须这样
It’s not something I’m happy about having to be doing.
我也不希望这样
Have you thought at all about maybe going back to teaching again full-time?
有没有想过回去全职教书?
They’re concerned about my personal associations, aren’t they?
是他们担心我的社会交际吧?
Cambridge boys stick together like glue.
剑桥男生异常团结
I’m far too democratic in my tastes for them.
我力不从心
They like pressed trousers and proper buttons.
他们喜欢紧身裤和合适的纽扣
No. I’ve done all the teaching I intend to do.
我已经教得够多了
I am who I am.
我就是我
I’ll suffer that.
虽然会很痛苦
Please. You’ve given all the service that you can.
别这样 你已经鞠躬尽瘁了
It’s time to retire.
该休息了
The good schoolboy will be close by.
那好学生就在边上
He’ll want to know my response.
他想知道我的反应
I understand if you want to tie your shoe.
你想系好自己的鞋带 这我理解
It’s a dirty business, I’ve been part of it for far too long.
这是脏活 爱德华 我♥干♥得太久了
You might want to think about getting yourself a new pair of shoes, Edward.
你应该考虑换双鞋了 爱德华
There’s a wonderful shop in St. James’.
在圣詹姆士有家很好的店
Mr. Pettibone’s. He’s bootmaker to the King.
佩蒂伯恩先生是给国王做鞋的
But then, I suppose we all are in our own way, aren’t we?
但我们都有自己的路 不是么?
Bootmakers to kings.
自己的国王
Get out while you still can.
趁现在离开吧
While you still believe.
趁还有信仰
While you still have a soul.
趁还有灵魂
Hello. Any of you chaps got a light?
你们好啊 谁能借个火吗?
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
He knew too much.
他知道得太多了
You understand.
你能理解的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!