Told your friends something you knew wasn’t true,
明知不对还骗朋友
and you know that if they found out, they wouldn’t like you anymore?
而且知道他们发现了不会喜欢你了
Why? Because you lied to them.
为什么?因为你撒谎
Do you understand?
明白了吗?
And he asked me if I knew what trust was.
然后他问我懂不懂得信任
And I said, “Trust is when you feel safe with someone.”
我说 和别人在一起感到安全就是信任
Like with my friends. Like with you and Mother.
比如和朋友在一起 和你 和妈妈在一起
And then he said, “Don’t ever lie.
然后他说 永远都不要撒谎
“If you lie to your friends, they won’t trust you.
如果对朋友撒谎 他们就不信任你了
“And you will have nothing
你会一无所有
“and you’ll never be safe.”
永远不会感到安全
He told me to go downstairs and watch the fireworks, because they’d started.
他让我下楼看焰火 因为已经开始了
And then he shut the door.
然后他关上了门
The sound of the gunshot was very different from the sound of the fireworks.
枪声和焰火是有很大区别的
And even at six years old, I knew there was a big, big difference.
就算只有6岁 我也能明显分辨
There was a lot of blood.
他流了很多血
Father?
爸爸?
And in his left hand, he held a note that was sealed.
他左手拿着封好的信
I don’t know why, but I took the note and I put it in my pocket.
不知为何 我把信塞进了口袋
I always said it was an accident.
我总是说 那是场意外
It wasn’t an accident. My father killed himself.
但那不是 我父亲是自杀
Congratulations, Mr. Wilson. I’m Richard Hayes,
恭喜你 威尔逊先生 我是理查德·海耶斯
Master of Secrets and Orders.
纪律与机密主管
What did the note say?
信上写了什么?
I told you, I never read the note.
我说了 从没看过
You didn’t read the note?
没看?
No.
没啊
My father said your father was going to be appointed Secretary of the Navy
我父亲说你父亲本将升任海军部长
until his loyalty was brought under question.
但却发现他背叛
We’re not gonna have a problem with your loyalty, are we?
你不会也要背叛吧?
That really is quite elegant, Mr. Wilson.
太出色了 威尔逊先生
Good order. Very precise.
非常工整准确
Feeling of the unknown.
对于未知的感觉
Fine poetry is the music of mathematics.
一首好诗是数字的音乐
Numbers singing.
是数字在唱歌♥
You have to look behind the words to understand their meaning.
你们要理解字面背后的含义
Right. Well, good night, gentlemen.
好了 各位晚安
Mr. Wilson?
威尔逊先生?
May I see you in my office for a few words?
能到办公室聊会儿吗?
I’m recommending you as editor of our poetry magazine, The Poeticus.
我正推荐你担任我们《诗艺》杂♥志♥的编辑
I’m honored. Thank you. I appreciate your faith in me.
太荣幸了 谢谢 谢谢你对我的信任
Never be ashamed of your abilities, Edward.
要相信自己的能力 爱德华
Wasn’t there a picture that used to sit on the mantel, there?
本来壁炉上不是有幅画吗?
It was a group of soldiers?
一群士兵?
It’s my father’s Crimean War regiment.
那是我父亲的《克里米亚战争军》 (克里米亚战争:世界上首次现代化战争 1853年至1856年间在欧洲)
The glass broke.
玻璃碎了
I’m having it mended.
我拿去修了
I remembered it because it reminded me of my father. He was in the war.
我父亲有参战 所以我记得这副画
I think we’re being watched.
好像有人在监视我们
Being watched? What do you mean?
监视?什么意思?
There’s a man in a hat.
有个戴帽子的人
I don’t see anybody.
没什么人啊
You know, there’s so much I’d like to share with you, Edward.
我有很多东西想和你分享 爱德华
But I hardly know anything about you at all,
但我却几乎不了解你
apart from you being a particularly bright student.
只知道你是天赋聪颖的学生
I feel that we have a kind of kindred spirit.
我觉得我们意气相投
I really should be going.
我该走了
Oh, I’ve started to write something.
噢 我最近在写些东西
Perhaps you’d like to hear it.
或许你想听听
I haven’t finished it.
我还没写完
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Please.
请别这样
I’m sorry. I can’t hear.
对不起 我听不见
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
Edward.
爱德华
I’m sorry. Would you say it again? I have to read your lips.
对不起 能再说一遍吗?我要读唇
Edward.
爱德华
Hello, Edward.
你好 爱德华
I’m Laura.
我叫劳拉
I’m sorry, would you say that again?
对不起 能再说一遍吗?
There isn’t one person in a hundred who would walk by a hat on a bench without giving it a second look.
一百个人里面只有一个人经过长椅时会再看一眼
That says a lot about you, Mr. Wilson. You don’t distract easily.
威尔逊先生 这说明你不容易分心
She’s a very pretty girl.
她很漂亮
Sam Murach. I’m with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
我是萨姆·米拉克 联邦调查局的
Mind if I walk along with you?
能陪您走上一段吗?
I had a chance to have a talk with a fraternity brother of yours.
我和你的一位兄弟聊过
John Russell, the senator’s son.
约翰·罗素 议员的儿子
John said you might help us. You’re friendly with Dr. Fredericks?
他说或许你能帮我们 你和弗雷德里克博士熟吗?
He’s my thesis advisor, if that’s what you mean.
他是我的论文导师 你是问这个?
He’s been recruiting faculty members and students
他在召集教员和学生
to join an organization called the American German Cultural Committee.
加入德美文化会
It’s a Nazi front. Has he talked to you about that?
是个纳粹团体 他向你提到过么?
I’m a poetry student, Mr. Murach.
我是个诗词学生 米拉克先生
I’m not political.
对政♥治♥不感兴趣
We’d be very interested in finding out the names of some of the other organizers
我们对德美文化会的发起人的
for the Cultural Committee.
名字很感兴趣
Are you asking me to spy on Dr. Fredericks?
你是要我监视弗雷德里克博士?
I’m asking you to be a good citizen.
我是要你做个好公民
You blow that thing up, it’ll be fine.
搞砸了也无所谓的
I’ll be seeing you.
我会看着你的
In Poland, Hitler watches German regiments
在波兰 希♥特♥勒♥的军队
stream across the river San.
直渡圣河(维斯瓦河支流)
This was part of the river line which the invading army forced
这是入侵军队侧翼进入
in its flanking drive through southern Poland.
波兰的河流之一
The Nazi Führer makes a quick tour in the conquered nation
纳粹暴君在占领军的簇拥下
among the soldiers in captured towns.
迅速巡游了战败国
Hitler has given the word of war, and war it is! Poland has been guaranteed. . .
希♥特♥勒♥说战争 战争就来了! 波兰就是一例
Ladies and gentlemen, it is a great privilege to have with us here tonight Mr. Haupt,
女士们先生们 我们非常荣幸地请到了哈普特先生
the Führer’s Education
希♥特♥勒♥的教♥育♥部♥长
Mr. Haupt?
哈普特先生?
Good evening.
大家晚上好
Thank you, Dr. Fredericks and members of the American German Cultural Committee,
弗雷德里克博士 德美文化会的会员们
for giving me the opportunity to come to Yale.
非常高兴来到耶鲁
Germany has always been a country of. . .
德国一贯以来…
Yes. Interesting.
嗯 这很有意思
It has been a great pleasure. . .
非常高兴能够…
making new acquaintances. . .
结交新朋友…
Excuse me. Of course.
失陪一下 好的
Someone’s in here!
有人!
Are you enjoying yourself, Edward? Very much so.
玩的开心吗 爱德华? 很开心
I’d like you to meet Mr. Haupt.
来见见哈普特先生
You know Dr. Manheim? Yes, we’ve met.
见过曼海姆博士了吗? 嗯 认识
I’ve been asked by the faculty chairman to relinquish my post here at Yale.
教职主席想让我放弃在耶鲁的职位
Now, you’ll hear many reasons for what caused my departure.
你们会听说很多的原因
Suffice it to say I’m leaving with my name intact.
足以让我无地自容
Good luck in your endeavors.
希望你们学有所成
Now, Edward,
爱德华
what did I do to deserve this?
我到底做错了什么?
Have you such little regard for me that you’d betray me for my political beliefs?
你就不明白你背叛了我的政♥治♥信仰么?
You know and I know Trumbull Stickney wrote that poem in 1902.
你我都很清楚 那首诗是 特兰布尔·斯蒂克尼1902年写的 (美国诗人 1902年出版唯一一部诗集)
You were my teacher. You betrayed me.
你是我的老师 是你背叛了我
I thought we were going to a party.
我以为是要去狂欢
You want to protect me from them, don’t you?
你是想保护我吧?
No.
不是
You think they’ll make fun of me. That’s not it.
你觉得他们会取笑我 不是的
That’s not true. It’s okay.
不是这样的 没事的
I’m happy to be with you.
和你在一起我很开心
Would you like to dance?
能请你跳支舞吗?
I’m not a very good dancer.
我跳不好的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!