不过从来没有1个茶杯有4个茶壶
but did you ever see a tea cup with 4 tea pots!?
还有,你见过两个勺子
It is aIso said,do you ever see 2 spoons
在一个碗里不磕不碰吗?
in the same bowl that do not nod against each other!?
什么事?
Well What is it? What is it?
爸爸,你看起来像个上房♥的大老爷
Excuse me father, but you look like the lord of the Great House.
是吗? 那有什么好奇怪?
Well! And that is not as strange as you think!
我只是…你去叫一下妈妈,我要见她
I just…tell your mother I wish to see her
知道了,再给我点时间吧
Yes father, can you spare me a moment?
我想知道夏天种什么种子好
I must know what seed to prepare for the Summer planting
这些还问我吗?种我儿子给你的种子
Why trouble me about it?Prepare the seed my son gives you!
这朵花已经谢了
These flowers are dead, Little One!
你妹妹只知道贪玩
Your sister knows only happiness
妈妈! 你哥哥来信了吗?
Mother! Is it a letter from your brother?
没有,爸爸想见你
No mother! Father wishes to see you.
忘了冷啊
Oh! Forgot how chilly it was!
你还好吗?看起来很差劲啊
Are you well? Your pain, is it bad?
没事,没什么
No it’s nothing!
你要见我吗?
You sent for me?
我做了一件事
Well, there’s a thing I’ve done,
我把地主的房♥子买♥♥下来了
I bought the Great House!
龙的房♥子
The house of Loo!
院子和田地
Courts and land!
我是新的大地主
I’m the new lord there
怎么?不替我高兴吗?
Well? Have you no thanks?
我还以为你会高兴呢
I thought it would please you
在以前当过下人的地方
to be mistress in that house,
做起主子
where you lived as a sIave
我们的儿子都在这里出生的
Our sons were born here…
他们还要结婚
They must have wives!
我们也要抱孙子啊
We’ll have Grandchildren,
那个房♥子应该很不错的
there’s room in that house to all!
你可以高高在上使唤下人了
You’ll have a high place with money to spend for slaves.
你也好好打扮一下
You must make yourself becoming to it!
看你的头发! 看你穿的!
Look at your hair! Your clothes!
真丢人
You disgrace me!
别人看见了还以为
One would think you’re still the wife
是泥腿子的妻子呢
of a common labourer!
你的珠宝在哪里?
Wear the pearl you have
珠宝? 我还留着
The pearIs? I have them!
我没看你戴过
You would never wear them
我只是偶尔拿出来看看
Why I look at them sometimes
我要用,给我吧
I need them, give them to me
我知道我很丑,不讨人欢心
I know that I’m ugly,and not to be loved
我们现在拥有的一切都是你给的
All that we have now came from you
这是事实
That is the truth and I say it
不过现在…
But, but now…
现在呢?
But now?
我有别的女人了,和你完全不一样
There’s a woman, not such a one as you;
虽然不如你,她弱不禁风
not as good as you,it’s like a sickness!
和她在一起也觉得时间不够用
When I’m with her, it’s not enough!
不在身边就感到什么都没有意义了
When I’m not with her, there’s nothing!
连地也是觉得没什么用
Even the land is nothing!
能在一起生活就好了
Then it will be better when she’s in your house
那么做也可以吗?
You’ll say that?
这是你希望的吗?
Is it your wish?
是
Yes
那就这样吧
Let it be then!
月兰,你还有什么要说的?
Ou lang, what is there more to say?
没有
Nothing
是谁啊? 什么也没有
Who is it? Nothing
刚才出去的男人是谁?
Who is that man going out the gate?
很像我的儿子啊
He look something like my son, Lung!
你是谁?
Now then what?
我是农夫,叫庆
I’m Ching the farmer
农夫,有什么事吗?
Well Ching the farmer what?
我是来见农夫王龙的
I have business with Wong the farmer
什么?
Wong the farmer?
这是他的家
This is the great house of Wong!
他是这里的主人
He’s the lord here!
家里有一个娼妇
There’s a bad woman in the house!
家里有一个娼妇
There’s a bad woman in the house!
娼妇
Bad woman!
安静点,爸爸
Father hush!
是他的姨娘
It’s his second wife
娼妇
I say it’s a bad woman!
我一辈子只有过一个女人,我爸爸也是一样
I had but 1 woman… and my father had but 1 woman,
我们种田
and we farm the land!
爸爸,回去吧,是他和他的姨娘!
Come father,it’s he and his second wife!
我累了,想喝茶
I’m tired, I want my tea
没什么,人老了都会这样的
The old man is childish,
没人理会他
nobody listens to him,
我不会让他靠近你的
but he shall be kept away!
我讨厌这里
I’m hated in this house,
我怎么能得到幸福?
how can I be happy here?
要我为你做点什么吗?
But, what can I do?
终日坐在这里,整天闭门
I have to sit here, shut in all day,
一出去他们就指指点点
if I stood out there they whisper
狠狠盯我看
and look at me hatefully!
晚上有什么地方可以散步吗?
Where can I walk in the evening?
我想要一个花♥园♥,自己的花♥园♥
If I had the garden,if I had the garden all mine;
一个有鸟,有亭子的自已的花♥园♥,还要有鱼有喷泉
with singing birds in the pavillion,the fountain with fish.
那要花很多钱啊
But the money…
你原来比我更爱钱
Then it’s money that you love
当然不是,娘子
No no! Little Flower!
不过要等到收割才行
But it will not be easy until the harvest
这事以后再说吧
I must see, I must see,
钱是老二管的
my younger son keeps the accounts
这也不是什么大事
But these’re few little things
只要你爱我,我会让你快乐的
If you love me, if I please you
我给你,什么都可以
It shall be done! Anything! Anything!
小心点! 那可是珍珠啊
Becareful! My pearIs!
我可以进来吗?
I may come in?
你不喜欢音乐吗?
Does my music disturb you?
不,喜欢
Oh no! No! I like it!
我也经常去听
I listen sometimes
想和人说说笑笑
I have so much to talk and laugh,
不过一个人都没有
but there’s no one
对不起
I’m sorry, I’m very sorry!
我还有点事要
You must excuse me I have some business
和谷商去做
with the grain merchants
我得走了
If you’ll please I must go!
你会路过店铺吗?
Then you’ll pass by the shops
是
Yes?
帮我在这里镀银吧?
would you mind giving him these for a bottle?
镀银?
With sliver?
可以
Why um yes! Yes!
你不会误会我吧?
But you won’t misunderstand
我没理由误会你
Why should I?
你知道女人给男人自已的鞋是什么意思吗?
When a woman gives her slipper to a man?
不告诉你
But I shouldn’t tell you
说啊
Oh no please!
这表示女人已经喜欢上那个男人了
Well then it means he’s taking her fancy
你不是要我镀银吗?
But you ask me to have it guilded?
没那个必要
But the bottle doesn’t need guilding,
因为这是纯银的
it’s pure sliver!
你哥来信了
Here’s a letter from your brother,
帮我念一念吧?
will you read it to me
好吧,母亲
Of course mother!
看看大哥都写什么了
Now then, we’ll hear what our schoIar has to say
我对自己的无知感到羞愧
“First,I am ashamed of my ignorance.