我们不是小偷
You know we’re not thieves!
不过那只牛是我的
But the ox is mine!
我们快饿死了,孩子们也没东西吃
We’re hungry! Our children are hungry!
帮帮我们吧
You should help us!
假如我有钱会帮你的
If I have money I would help you!
卖♥♥掉你的地就有钱了
My nephew! You can sell your land!
卖♥♥地? 是啊
Sell my land? Yes!
没钱怎么办?连地都没有怎么办?
But then the money is gone,and the land!
最起码会挺过饥荒,不会挨饿
At least we could live well through the famine!
现在这么干旱有地有什么用啊?
What good is this land now?
你太年轻了,还不知道挨饿的滋味
You’re young,you don’t know what a famine is like!
爸爸也饿了很长时间,不过地是守住了
My father knew years of famine,but he kept the land
我也会为了孩子们那么做的
I must keep it for my sons!
土地非常公平,干活了就会有吃的
The earth is good,if we work it would feed us
那我怎么活啊?
But how am I to live?
怎么活?
How am I to live?
千活吧,像我一样
Work! As I do!
不能为了你卖♥♥掉留给孩子们的土地
I’ll not rob my sons to feed you!
混♥蛋♥! 你为了守住这片地,就让我们饿肚子吗?
You you! Must we go hungry while you have land?
这块你不卖♥♥的地!
This land that you won’t sell!
我绝对不会卖♥♥地
I’m not selling my land
是我的命,是我的
It’s my life, it’s mine!
我绝对不会卖♥♥。我会挖土
I’ll never sell it,I’ll dig up the earth
给孩子们吃的
first and feed it to my children
这样做会死掉的
Yes! And you’ll bury them in it!
它是我朋友,是朋友
He’s my friend, my friend
我们不饿
We’re not hungry!
请发发慈悲吧
Mercy on me you powerful ones!
我们都很饿,我老婆也是
I starve and my woman starve,
不过没有人给我一点吃的
and there’s no one to give me a handfuI of rice!
也有些人家里很多吃的,当然是富人
There’s one who has plenty,but he’s a rich man!
变成富人后心地变坏了,求你让他改变想法吧
And rich’s hardened the heart,soften his heart
啊,老天啊,分给我们一点吧
o powerful ones,that he may give me a little
哪怕是他们扔掉的
out of his abundance!
不去卖♥♥地
would not a man sell his lands
是因为有东西给孩子们吃
unless he has foods to give his children?
他分明有很多粮食,我却这么挨饿
He has food! And I starve!
有食物也让我这个善良的人饿着肚子
He has food! And these good men starve!
怎么了?
Well, what?
你有吃的吧,我们都在挨饿
You have food! We’re starving!
有吃的吧? 食物啊
You have food! Food!
我什么也没有! 我也是采草根给孩子们吃
I have nothing! I dig for roots, for my children
你有吃的,也有钱
You have food hidden! Food and sliver!
吃的?你们找找看
Food? Find it!
他们正在做饭,肯定有吃的
He’s got it he’s got it!
王龙有吃的
Wong Loong has food!
我说什么了,一定会有吃的
I told you, he has food!
这不是泥土吗?
But…it’s earth!
肚子太饿,所以煮泥土了
It takes hunger, and it’s warm
庆,饥饿把人变成疯子了
Ching! Hunger makes man mad!
没事,你们也都长大了
Come come! You’re little man now!
别哭了,妹妹也没哭啊
You won’t cry! Look! your sister doesn’t cry!
现在妹妹也不哭了
LittIe one she never cries now
知道为什么吗?
What is it? Why?
有东西吃的话
If you could have a little food
会有力气生孩子了
you’d have the strength to bring the child
明天我再去找找
I’ll find it.
明天我…
Tomorrow I…
什么时候才能找到吃的?
When have you had food?
现在我有点伤心
There’s a thing in me that hurts,
不是因为饥饿,我不知道怎么表达出来
and not hunger, that a man has no words
我知道你想什么
No words, but I know!
月兰,土地抛弃了我们
Oh Lang, the earth has forgotten us!
是地…真可恶,我会卖♥♥掉的
The earth…I hate it! I’ll sell it!
不行 我要卖♥♥掉它
No! For a constant length! No!
不能卖♥♥地啊,不能卖♥♥啊
No not the land! Not the land!
准备好了吗?侄儿
We’re ready nephew
你还好吗? 是,我没事
Are you safe? Yes, safe
又多了一个口,可怜的人
Huh! Another mouth to feed.
可怜人,看在孩子们的份上
My poor man! For the sake of your children,
我会给你好价钱的
we’ll give you a better price for your land
有了这笔钱哪里都能去
than you can get anywhere else in these times
给你十二两银子
We’ll give you 12 pieces of sliver
什么? 十二两银子?
What? 12 pieces?
那么多的地才值l2两吗?
For all my land?
我买♥♥的时候给了一百倍的钱
Huh! I paid a 100 times that much!
那时候没有人挨饿嘛
But who was starving then?
你们这些小偷!
please! please!
一定要卖♥♥吗?
And well you know I must sell
不行,绝对不能卖♥♥
No! not the land!
我们不会卖♥♥
We’ll not sell the land
会自已留着的,我们会到南方去
We’ll keep it, we’ll go south
回来地也不会跑掉的
And when we return we’ll still have the land
不过我已经和他们都说好了
But I’ve arranged it!
我都把人带来了,你一定要卖♥♥
I brought these men here,you must sell!
这是你的地吗? 是你一点点买♥♥的吗?
Is it your land?Did you buy it bit by bit?
土地是我们的命根子,会去南方的
The land is our life and it’s better to go south,
就算在半路死掉,也不能这样把地卖♥♥掉
or die walking, than to give it to you,
决不!
for nothing!
太可惜了!太可惜了!
What a pity! What a pity!
带着孩子怎么走路啊?
How can you walk anywhere? With the child?
孩子死了! 死了?
The child is dead! Dead?
刚才还听到哭声啊
But I heard it cry?
是死了
The child is dead!
爸爸,你说什么?
What do you say father?
想不想坐那个冒火的车?
Shall we ride in this fire wagon?
不,你的背更安全
It ain’t safe for your old back
听说是在那个铁道上跑
He said it crawIs on these iron poIes!
爷爷说是火马车
Grandpa says it’s a god of fire!
是好几个马车连在一起的
These wagons chained together
坐在那上面吗?
Do it again find a thing?
我们会坐到南方的
We sit in it while it walks off!
用这个可以盖房♥子
With these mats we can bulld a home
那快点动手吧
Well then get to work!
大家一起动手
Get to work all of you!
注意看,注意听
You’ll look at me and listen!
右手拿着碗
Take the boweI in your right hand so
伸向过路的人
and hold it out to everybody that passes
完了这么说
and cry out to them:”
叔叔,给我一些钱吧,婶婶,给我一些钱吧
A heart good sir! A heart good Iady!
帮了我你会发财的
A good deed and you shall prosper!
一个铜钱,您只要扔一个铜钱
The small cash, a coin you throw away!
就可以让我们的孩子不挨饿
Feed us starving child!”
发发慈悲吧! 帮帮我你会有好报的
Have a kind heart! A good deed that bring you fortune!
扔下一个铜钱
The small cash the coin you throw away
救救要死的孩子吧!
give for the child died!
发发慈悲吧! 谁帮我谁会有好报的
Have a kind heard! A good deed to bring you fortune!
一个铜钱就可以让我吃饱
The small cash feed the starving child!
好人会有好报的! 好心人啊!
Feed the good fortune! Bring you a good heart!
给我一个铜钱! 可怜可怜孩子吧!
Small cash for starving! Poor little child!
好人会有好报的! 好心人啊!
Feed the good fortune!Bring you a good heart!
给我一个铜钱!
Small cash for starving!
好人会有好报的
Hey hey! Have a kind heart good sir!
好…
A good…
今天怎么样? 什么也没有
Well? And today? Nothing!
找不到活
No work of any kind!
让牲口干的活
For things a beast should do,
也有一百多人抢着做
there were a 100 men, fighting!
挨饿也在家里挨饿好一点
It would have been better to starve,
而不是来到这里挨饿
in our own land,than to come to this great city,