When you get there, you’ll have to stand there and look beautiful…
全村的人将欢唱迎接你
…while the whole tribe sings their welcome song at you.
你只要放轻松,洗澡,吃早餐
Then you can relax, have a bath and a nice breakfast.
犀牛见到火就踏是真的吗?
ls it true that when a rhino sees a fire, he stamps it out?
从哪听来的? 是史先生告诉你的?
Where did you hear that one? Did Steyn tell you?
他为什么要告诉你这些?
Why would he tell you that?
算了,不谈也罢!
I’d rather not talk about it.
这能忘掉不愉快 -我正需要
Here. This’ll put hair on your chest. -That’s all I need.
她还不信野猪和犀牛的事
She wouldn’t believe me about the warthog and the rhinoceros.
什么鬼犀牛? -我不想谈
What rhinoceros? -I don’t want to talk about it.
这车子怎么上树的?
So how did this thing get up the tree?
她被荆刺刺到,我必须帮她
She got stuck in a watape tree and I had to….
她内♥裤♥上还有花呢!
You know she’s got flowers on her panties?
所以这玩意就上树了?
So that’s how this thing got up the tree.
是的
Yes.
需要挥手或行礼吗?
Don’t I wave or take a bow or something?
不必
No.
共♥产♥党游击头子波哈 及其暗♥杀♥团…
Notorious Communist guerrilla leader Sam Boga and his band…
已闯进波滋瓦那
…have crashed through into Botswana.
他们正前往莫三比给 -还剩几发?
They are heading for Mozambique. -Well, how many?
不到300发
Not even 300.
叫你们别乱发
I told you bastards, don’t waste ammunition!
现在我们还打个屁!
Now we can’t even fight back anymore.
全部把连发枪换成单发枪
All of you switch your guns over from automatic to single-fire.
目击行踪者应速前往报告 否则以知情不报论罪
Anyone withholding information which could lead to their capture–
那是连发枪,那是单发枪
That’s automatic. That’s single.
波哈是极端危险份子…
Citizens are warned that Sam Boga is a dangerous person…
他们均配备武装!
…and that he and his gang are well-armed. So it’ll be unwise–
为何穿这么漂亮?
And why are you so beautiful?
去学校把这送还她
I’m going to the school to give her these.
非要穿成像这样吗?
You gonna look like that?
像什么? -去参加葬礼
Like what? -Like it’s a funeral.
你要笑啊 还要说她很漂亮
You’ve gotta smile and tell her she looks good.
这样你就变成女人通了!
How are you an expert on women?
我有七个老婆!你有几个呢?
I got seven wives. How many you got?
那你为何不回家陪她们? -我只会娶老婆
Why aren’t you at home with them? -I know how to marry them.
不知道如何与她们相处 -那你娶她们做什么?
Nobody knows how to live with them. -So, what did you marry them for?
那天我好好教你!
Someday I have to tell you the facts of life.
现在我们都同意 这些碎盘子…
”And yet we all agree that every plate we break…
都是无名小卒打破的
…was cracked by Mr. Nobody.
“他还撕破大家的簿子,他…”
‘Tis he who tears our books, who–”
请进
Come in.
早安,史帝先生!
Good morning, Mr. Steyn.
早安,大家好
Morning, class.
早安,史先生!
Good morning, Mr. Steyn.
我–我带你的–
I– I brought–
请放在那就好
Please, just leave it.
我带你的鞋来还你
I brought you your shoes.
请进
Come in.
请进
Come in.
鞋子
Shoe.
怎么了?不想谈?
You don’t want to talk about it, huh?
丢脸死了!
Shame.
这些动物长得奇怪 但是很好吃…
The animals looked ridiculous but good to eat…
何况他饿了
…and he was hungry.
突然有一个男孩对凯大吼大叫
Suddenly a young boy made chattering noises at Xi.
凯招呼他说: “我射中了其中一只动物”
So he said, ”I shot one of those animals.
等它睡觉后,我们就吃它
It’ll go to sleep soon, and then we can eat it. ”
但小男孩跑走了 可能是去叫家人来分享
But the boy ran away, maybe to call his family to join in the feast.
一阵怪声过后…
There was a weird sound…
另一只圆脚怪物出现
…and another of those strange animals with the round legs appeared.
那小男孩带来了一个大人 他们看起来颇为兴奋
The young boy and a grownup got out of it, and seemed very excited.
凯说“快过来坐下 这肉够我们吃”
Xi said, ”Come, sit down. There’s enough meat for all of us. ”
但这个人粗暴贪心 他把整只拿走了
But the man was rude and greedy. He took the whole animal.
凯说“你太不够意思了”
He said, ”You have very bad manners.
你要独占,我再射一只便是
lf you eat the whole thing, I’ll have to shoot another for myself. ”
这个人对凯吼叫 但凯不理会…
The man shouted, but he didn’t want anything to do…
因为凯觉得他差劲
…with such an uncouth person, so he ignored him.
顿时一阵天雷地动
Suddenly there was a thunderclap.
动物四散,他紧追不舍 他实在太饿了
The animals ran away, and he ran after them. He was very hungry.
你会说英语吗?
Do you speak English?
见到律师前你有权保护沉默
You are free to remain silent until you have seen your lawyer.
现在所说的 我们将依言视为证据
lf you speak now, whatever you say will be taken down as evidence against you.
为何弄这么漂亮?
And why are you so beautiful?
我必须上法庭
I got to go to court.
你干了什么?
What did you do?
警♥察♥刚来过 他们抓到一个布希人偷羊
The cops were here. They say they caught a little Bushman for stock theft.
他只会乱叫,要我当翻译
They say all he can speak is ”Xixo,” so they want me to interpret.
他们把凯带到一堆人中
They brought Xi into a place with several people.
他对大家微笑寒喧,却没人理会
He smiled at them in greeting, but nobody smiled back.
翻译员
lnterpreter.
凯被控于1980年 9月21日…
You, Xixo, are hereby charged with wrongfully and unlawfully slaughtering…
在欧尼亚马拓非法猎羊
…one goat on the 2 1 st of September, 1 980, in Oniamatokwe.
怎么说? 有罪还是没罪?
How plead you? Guilty or not guilty?
布荻觉得这很难翻译
Mpudi found it difficult to interpret because, in his language…
因为凯的语言中没有“有罪”这个字
…there was no word for ”guilty. ”
他只好问:“你有没有猎羊?”
Finally he asked, ”Did you shoot an animal?”
凯回答,有的 但那人拿走了,他想独享
Xi said, ”Yes, I did, but that man took it. He did not want to share it with me. ”
他怎么说? -无罪!
Well, what does he plead? -Not guilty.
他们判他死刑! -不会因为只杀一头山羊吧?
They gave him the death sentence. -For killing a goat? No.
坐三个月牢 结果是一样的
Three months in jail, same thing. He gonna die for sure.
他从没有看过墙 现在他四周都是!
He never seen a wall. Now, he got walls all around him.
你为何不解释清楚?
But didn’t you explain to them?
他们说:“庭上肃静!” -但他们必须要了解
They said, ”Silence in court.” -Yeah, but surely they ought to know.
没人了解布希人
Nobody knows the Bushmen.
没有人曾深入卡拉哈里沙漠
Nobody ever goes into the deep Kalahari.
那你怎么知道这么多?
How come you know so much about them?
在波滋瓦那还是英属地时 我因为父亲伤害了一名警♥察♥
When Botswana belonged to the British, I hit a policeman for insulting my father.
所以我跑了,深入卡拉哈里沙漠
So I fled, right into the Kalahari.
我因为严重脱水而几乎丧命
I died, you know. Dehydration.
这些人找到我,把我埋了
Some of those little buggers found me, and buried me.
只露个头在外面
Only my head stuck out.
在两个星期之内 不断将水及食物塞入我口中
For two weeks, they pushed water and food into my mouth.
等我被弄出来时,像你一样白
And when they dug me up, I was nearly white.
像你一样
Like you.
我和他们生活了三年 真是好可爱的族人
I lived with them for three years. They’re the sweetest little buggers.
可是他死定了
He gonna die for sure.
明天能去马哈地吗?
Can I go to Mahadi tomorrow?
你想去看那个叫什么名字的人?
You wanna go and see little what’s his name?
我要把他弄出来
I want to get him out.
别作傻事!
Now, don’t do anything silly.
他们必须放他出来
They got to let him out.
也许我们能解释清楚!
Maybe if we explain to them.
你也去? -是的
You coming too? -Yes.
他说很抱歉 他明天会试着吃东西
Says he’s sorry. He try to eat the food tomorrow.
他已经一星期没吃东西了! -不会吧
Has he eaten anything? It’s been a week. -No.
我们当然担心 我们又不能逼他吃
Of course we’re worried. We can’t force-feed him.
必须放他出来? -他还要坐11个星期的牢!
You’ve got to let him out. -He’s got 1 1 weeks to go.
能不能走后门放他出来?
Well, is there no way? Can’t we buy him out or something?
可以,如果有人雇用他的话
Well, if somebody wants to employ him as a convict-labourer.
但是他没经验,不够资格
But he has no experience, no qualifications.
他有经验
He got qualifications.
他可以教你有关动、植物的事情
He can teach you things about plants and animals.
好,我们想雇他作生态研究员情
Yes. We want to employ him as an ecological expert.
你必须雇用他11个星期
He will have to remain in your employ for the full 1 1 weeks.
若他离开了,我们将会抓到他 而且关更久的时间
lf he leaves, we will hunt him down and lock him up for a long time.
好的,谢谢
Okay, thanks.
他不能坐里面
We can’t put him inside.
你对
No, you’re right.
我听得懂那些字 但是意思…
I understand the words, but the meaning….
提到一样坏东西,是不祥之物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!