one deciding vote.
“屹立”与其他公♥司♥一样
This is like any other company in the world.
有董监事 有规章
We have directors, we have rules.
古老保守的规章
We have very old rules.
须得教皇亲自批准
The Pope himself, would have to approve you.
我们已出♥售♥赌场
We’ve sold the casinos
以及相关的生意
all businesses having to do with gambling.
我们对不法的生意
We have no interests, or investments
既无兴趣亦全无瓜葛
in anything illegitimate.
柯氏准备将五亿美元
The Corleone’s prepared to deposit 500 million dollars
存入梵蒂冈银行…
in the Vatican bank
只等柯里昂先生
at such time as Mr. Corleone receives
掌握”屹立”的多数控制
majority control of Immobiliare.
“屹立”可有新面貌
Immobiliare could be something new
成为欧洲集团
a European conglomerate.
少数家族控制这种公♥司♥
Few families, have control of such a company.
今日世界…
It seems in today’s world
免除债务
the power to absolve debt is greater than
似乎强过宽恕之心
the power of forgiveness
六亿美元
Six hundred million dollars.
不要高估宽恕之心
Don’t overestimate the power of forgiveness.
柯里昂阁下
Don Corleone
“屹立”这笔交易
this deal with Immobiliare can
能使你跻身世界级富翁
make you one of the richest men in the world.
你和贵家族的历史旧事
Your whole past history and the history of your family
将因此洗净
will be washed away.
六亿美元
600 million.
动议讨论事项
The motion and a discussion
关鱼柯氏集团所提议
relates to Corleone Group’s proposal
由该集团取得一亿新发A级表决权股票
to acquire 100 million newly issued class “A’ ‘ voting shares.
柯氏资金直接投入”屹立”
Corleone’s capital invested directly into International lmmobiliare
名重当世的欧洲公♥司♥
an old and respected European company.
不过麦克柯里昂野心勃勃
But Michael Corleone has an ambitious program
欲将该房♥地♥产♥公♥司♥
to expand this real estate holding company
国际化
into an international conglomerate
(接收”屹立”有迹可寻 股票飙涨)
Immobiliare Takeover Appears Likely. Stock Soars
而是东方有效率的方法
but by Eastern techniques of efficiency
集中力量
and focus
柯里昂先生
Mr. Corleone
柯里昂先生
Mr. Corleone
请问最近你是否将两亿元…
Isn’t it true that you recently
存入梵蒂冈银行?
deposited $200 million in the Vatican Bank
该银行为”屹立”的关系企业
which is affiliated with International Immobiliare?
确有此事 不行吗?
This is true. Why not?
存款时机
Wasn’t there any questioning about
是否有蹊跷
the timing on this particular deposit
存款之事据说
or wasn’t there some talk about
主席 容我发言
Mr. Chairman, if I may?
柯氏基金会
The Vito Andolino Corleone Foundation
由柯里昂先生之千金玛莉 任董事长
of which Mr. Corleone’s daughter Mary is chairman
以一亿元成立该基金会
has established an endowment in the amount of one hundred million dollars
柯里昂家族提供基金
The money comes from his own family,
将由梵蒂冈管理
and will be administered by the Vatican.
解答疑问了吧?
Answer your question?
我一向深信助人为最有利的事
I have always believed helping your fellow man
利人利己
is profitable in every sense, personally and bottom-line.
各位股东同仁
My fellow shareholders
假如欧美能学习合作
if Europe and America can learn to cooperate
汇集资金分享彼此的市场
if we can learn to pool our wealth, share our markets
即能所向无敌
we can defeat any competition
举世无匹
anywhere in the world.
拨冗赴会谨此致谢
Let me thank you for the time you’ve given me today
希望各位能赞同本人所提 谢谢
and I hope that you will look favorably on my proposal. Thank you.
对不起 容我说句话
Listen, let me at this microphone here.
我们怎么能让这样一个罪犯掌管公♥司♥?
How can we let a criminal like thar run our company?
他一脸西西里匪相 你们看不到吗?
He’s got the map of Sicily on his face. Can’t you see it?
秩序! 秩序!
Order! Order!
他不是天主教♥徒♥就是个帮派分子
He’s either Catholic or mafioso.
汉摩顿投资集团不支持这项提案
The Hamilton Investors Group cannot support this proposal.
大主教阁下
Your Excellency?
主席
Mr. Chairman
梵蒂冈银行认为
the Vatican Bank feels
屹立国际公♥司♥
that International Immobiliare
由柯里昂先生掌理可以安心
will be safe in Mr. Corleone’s hands.
至于审核定夺事宜
Subject to audit and final ratification
权利在罗马教廷
which must take place in Rome
请与本席一同欢迎柯里昂先生
please join me in welcoming Mr. Michael Corleone
爸
Dad
安东尼告诉我有关基金会的事
Tony says that I’m a front for the foundation
说你利用我来做门面
that you’re using me just to pull the strings
获得自己想要的利益
to get the money where you want it。
请别这么说
Come on. Please.
提升个人形象。
To shine up your public image
玛莉
Mary
这个基金是为了它现在的宗旨而建立的
this is real, this foundation
这是真的
It’s real.
我之前想要安东尼加入
I wanted Anthony to be a part of it.
你们两个可以同心协力
I thought you two would be together on this.
我不会干涉你
I won’t interfere.
除非你来向我求助
I’ll help only if you ask.
但这些到底是为了什么?
But what is this really for?
你这么做是为了什么?
Why are you doing this?
而我又是为了什么?
Why am I doing this?
我这么做是为了我的孩子们
I’m doing this for my children.
你也是为你的孩子们
You’re doing it for your children too.
但这基金会应该帮助所有人
This foundation is supposed to help all people.
当然 这是宗旨
Of course. That’s the purpose.
这是合法的 玛莉
This is legitimate, Mary.
我保证这是合法的
I swear this is legitimate.
爸 我希望这件事令我们更加亲密
Dad, I want this to bring me closer to you.
我会不惜一切
I would burn in hell
保护你的安全
to keep you safe.
不要 你乘那辆 我跟麦克一道走
No, no. You go in the other car. I’ll ride with Michael.
我与你家交情最深
As your family’s oldest friend
一向由我给你通风报信
I’m always chosen to bring you messages.
艾图贝洛阁下 请说!
Tell me, Don Altobello.
你以前给那些老伙计赚的钱 他们很感激
Your old partners are grateful for the money you made them.
可以说他们都崇拜你
They worship you.
但现在你抛弃了他们 这让他们很伤心
But their hearts are broken because they think you abandoned them.
“屹立”的生意 他们也要入股
They want to share your deal on Immobiliare
大家还是一家人
to be a family again.
也能帮他们洗钱
It can purify their money.
这件事我办不到
This I cannot do.
“屹立”必须是桩合法生意
Immobiliare must be legitimate.
我明白 可是他们不高兴
I know. But they’re unhappy.
你呢?
And you?
我自己别无所求
I ask nothing for myself.
只盼着能怡养天年
Only peace in my old age.
可是我得抚慰身边的人
But I must please the world around me.
麦克 你♥爸♥通情达理
Michael, your father was a reasonable man.
学学他吧
Learn from him.
我从父亲那里学到许多
I learned many things from my father.
大家见个面吧 老伙计
Call a meeting, my friend
借此来解决我们的恩怨
so there are no debts or grudges.
我们会解决所有的问题
We will make the peace
你和我一起
you and I.
(罗马 梵蒂冈)
今天梵蒂冈宣称
The Vatican announced today
教皇保禄六世已因病
that Pope Paul VI has canceled his Sunday blessing
取消周日祈福
due to ill health.
医生要求卧床静养
His physician has ordered total bed rest