他是你的近亲
He’s your first cousin.
那我更加爱他
Then I love him first.
玛莉 你不能见他
Mary, you can’t see him.
不要再见他了
Just don’t see him any more
他说的对 太危险了
He’s right. it’s too dangerous
玛丽 听我说
Mary, listen to me.
你不能再见他了 不能以那种关系
You can’t see him anymore. Not in that fashion.
不要
No.
-答应我 -不要
-Please promise me -No.
这件事你一定要答应!
Obey me on this Mary!
不要 爸爸!
No, dad!
玛莉是个聪明的孩子
Mary’s smart, dad
她会明白的
she’ll understand eventually.
美丽的堂妹 我的宝贝
(意大利语)
你要见我?
You wanted to see me?
是的
Yeah.
-我要你去办件事 -好的
-I want you to do something for me. -Okay.
这很危险
It’s dangerous.
好 我做 要我做什么?
Good. I’m in. What do you need?
我要你投靠艾图贝洛
I want you to sell your soul to Don Altobello.
背叛我
To betray me.
他不可能相信我 这里
He’ll never believe me. Here.
-那要看情形 -坐下
-That depends. -Sit down.
我有办法
I have an idea.
你去探听老艾的关系攀到了多高
See if you can learn how high Altobello is connected.
安排一次见面
Arrange a meeting.
你说你对我忠心耿耿
You say how devoted you are to me.
再告诉他你的问题
Tell him your problems.
向他求助
You ask for his help.
什么问题?
What problems?
说你想和我女儿私奔
That you want to run away with my daughter.
又怕这样会与我反♥目♥成仇
Only you know that if you do, I will become your enemy.
你知道我决不会这么做的 麦克叔
You know I’d never do that, Uncle Mike.
我知道
I know.
你求老艾来找我为你们说情
You ask Altobello to speak to me. To further the marriage.
你们毕竟是堂兄妹
You’re cousins
麦克一向都保守
Michael was always a little old fashioned.
跟他说你不愿跟我做合法生意
Explain to him how, you can never be part of my, legitimate world.
要自立门户
That you want your own family.
我能接下札萨的摊子
straighten out with Joey Zasa
如果你能够说服他
If you could use your friendship to persuade him
我会永远记得你的恩情
I would be indebted to you forever.
柯里昂家的人
A Corleone
都非常重情谊
knows the value of such a friend.
那你肯为我做事?
So, then, you would work for me?

Si.
记住
Remember
假如他暗示要你背叛我
if he hints that he wants you to betray me
你要装出收到侮辱的样子
get insulted.
他只是试探你
Because that’s his trap.
你没有告诉我所有实情 文森
You’re not telling me the whole truth, Vincenzo.
只要麦克一死 一切不都是由那个女孩儿继承?
Isn’t it true, with Michael gone, the girl controls everything?
你别扯上那女孩
You leave the girl out of this.
当然 你爱她 她也爱你
Of course, you love her. And she loves you.
我猜中了吧 文森
I guessed it Vincenzo, huh?
你是位智者 艾图贝洛阁下
You’re a wise man, Don Altobello.
有好多事我要跟你学习
I’m going to be learning a lot from you.
最富有的人是拥有最多权贵朋友的人
The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends.
我有责任为你介绍
It’s my duty to make the introductions.
鲁加西阁下
Don Lucchesi
老艾说你是个坚强的人
Don Altobello tells me you have good character, strong
是个值得人尊重的人
a man of respect.
这就是令札萨长眠的英雄
This is the hero who put Joey Zasa in his grave.
早认识他
If we’d known of his existence
我们就不会支持札萨了
we would never have backed Joey.
没有人会愿意的
No one wants another Joe
我们交个朋友吧
Let me be your friend.
最坚强的人也要交朋友
Even the strongest man needs friends.
这太荣幸了
I’m flattered.
但鲁西尼阁下你是金融政♥治♥人物
But you’re a man of finance and politics, Don Lucchesi
那些事我都不懂
these are things I don’t understand.
你知道怎么用枪吗?
You understand guns?
金融就是一把枪
Finance is a gun.
政♥治♥
Politics
就是知道适时扣扳机
is knowing when to pull the trigger.
我要做些什么?
How can I help?
追求和平的人总是受到赐福
Blessed is the peacemaker
因为他可以被称为是神的儿子
for he can be called a child of God.
-懂说一点意大利语吗? -懂
-Can you speak Italian well? -Yes.
汤马西诺阁下的轮椅
The wheelchair, for Don Tommasino.
这笔交易我托给了大主教
I trusted this business arrangement with the archbishop.
我那么相信他 相信他的诚实
I trusted him. I was sure his honesty was beyond a doubt.
但现在 我完全被骗了
But, as you see, I’m now the victim of a swindle.
他一直在拖延着我
He’s stalling me.
巨额的钱财都到了政界高层手里
Vast money have gone to the pezzonovante in high political places
而梵蒂冈银行为其做担♥保♥人
and the Vatican Bank is the guarantor.
如过你说的话属实
If uh, what you say is true
这将是个大丑闻
there will be a great scandal.
你看这块石头
Look at this stone.
它泡在水里已经很久了
It has been lying in the water for a very long time
水却仍然没有能够浸透它
but the water has not penetrated it.
你看
Look.
还是干的
Perfectly dry.
欧洲人也是这样
The same thing has happened to men in Europe.
多少个世纪以来 他们一直受基♥督♥教教诲
For centuries they have been surrounded by Christianity
但基♥督♥却仍然没能进入他们的心里
but Christ has not penetrated.
不能与他们在生活中相伴
Christ doesn’t breathe within them.
这是怎么回事?
What’s happened?
能不能 给我点甜的东西?
Is it possible, that you could get me something sweet?
柳橙汁 随便什么 糖果
Orange juice, anything, candy.
我有糖尿病
Trouble with diabetes.
血糖一定要保持低水平
Blood sugar levels must be low.
我了解
I understand.
压力一大 有时候就这样
When I’m under stress sometimes this happens.
我了解
I understand.
来见你
I come to you
说这种敏感的事
on such a delicate matter
指控大主教
accusations against your Archbishop
对我而言太难受
was difficult for me.
精神收到折磨
The mind suffers
身体自然不好
and the body, cries out.
的确如此
That’s true.
你要不要做告解?
Would you like, to make your confession?
阁下
Your Eminence
我 我 很久没有做告解了
I’m uh, I’m uh, it’s been so long,
我不 不 不知道从哪里…
I wouldn’t, wouldn’t, wouldn’t know where to uh…
都有三十年了
it’s been thirty years
我也许会耽误你很久
I’d, I’d, I’d use up too much of your time, I think.
拯救灵魂 我总是有时间的
I always have time to save souls.
我想 我已经罪无可赦
Well, I’m, I’m beyond redemption.
这里的教士也会向我告解
I hear the confessions of my own priests here.
有时候告解的心情已到极致
Sometimes the desire to confess is overwhelming
我们就要把握时机
and we must seize the moment.
假如我没有悔意
What is the point of confessing
告解有什么用?
if I don’t repent?
我听说你精打细算
I hear you are a practical man
你认为告解会有什么损失吗?
What have you got to lose, huh?
说吧
Go on.

I
对妻子不忠
betrayed my wife.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!