乔!
Joe.
古巴!…
Cuba, Cuba!
各位贵宾
Most respected gentlemen.
欢迎你们光临哈瓦那市
Welcome to Havana.
我要谢谢这批著名的 美国工业家
I want to thank this distinguished group of
继续和古巴一起合作
American industrialists for continuing to work with Cuba
在她整个历史中
for the greatest period of prosperity
最光荣的一段时代里
in her entire history.
威廉萧先生
Mr. William Shaw
代表通用食品公♥司♥
representing the General Fruit Company.
康德先生和唐丹先生
Messrs Corngold and Dant
代表美国电♥话♥电报公♥司♥
of United Telephone and Telegraph Company.
派帝先生
Mr. Petty
是泛美矿业公♥司♥的地区副总裁
regional Vice President of the Pan American Mining Corporation.
罗勃特艾伦先生 南美糖业公♥司♥
Mr. Robert Allen of South American Sugar.
麦克柯里昂先生 来自内华达州
Mr. Michael Corleone of Nevada.
代表了我们 观光休闲活动事业的联盟
representing our associates in tourism and leisure activities.
还有我的老朋友及合伙人
And my old friend and associate from Florida.
来自佛罗里达的海门罗斯先生
Mr. Hyman Roth.
我要利用这个机会
I would like to thank
谢谢美国电♥话♥电报公♥司♥
United Telephone and Telegraph
所赠送的可爱的圣诞礼物
for their Christmas gift.
一座纯金的电♥话♥!
A solid gold telephone.
也许各位想要看看
Perhaps you gentlemen would like to look at it.
-总统先生 -什么事?
– Mr. President? – Yes?
也许你能谈谈叛乱的情况
Could you discuss the rebel activity
这对于我们的 生意会有何影响?
and what this can mean to our businesses?
-当然! -好重
– Of course. – Heavy stuff.
我要向各位保证
I assure you that
虽然叛乱分子在拉斯维拉
lthough the rebels have started
掀起惊人的动♥乱♥
a campaign in Las Villas
我的参谋们告诉我
my staff indicates, with assurance
我们能在新年之前将他们 赶出圣克拉拉
that we’ll drive them out of Santa Clara before the New Year.
而且我希望你们能放心
I want to put you all at ease.
我们绝不容许游击队 出现在赌场或游泳池
We will tolerate no guerrillas in the casinos or the swimming pools.
他说他们在逮捕人
He said that they’re making an arrest
几分钟后会让我们通过
and in a few minutes he’ll let us through.
-强尼 -没什么
-Johnny.-It’s nothing.
只是一群盗匪 警♥察♥在肃清他们
Just some lousy bandits.The police are cleaning them up.
你的蛋糕来了
Viva Fidel!
希望我的年龄没弄错
I hope my age is correct.
我对我的年龄一向很确定
I’m always accurate about my age.
在切蛋糕之前 让大家都看看蛋糕
Make sure that everybody sees the cake before we cut it.
我非常的高兴
I’m very pleased
你们从各地方前来 与我在这里相聚
you’re all able to come from such distances to be with me today.
当一个人到了 他生命中的这一刻
When a man comes to this point in his life
他希望能将他被祝福的事 交付出去
he wants to turn over the things he’s been blessed with.
把它们交给朋友
Turn them over to friends
像是给他所有的 朋友一种补偿
as a reward for the friends he’s had.
也是要确定在他死了之后
and to make sure that
一切事情都还能够顺利进行
everything goes well after he’s gone.
那还得等上很多年
Not for years.
我们会知道的 医生们不同意
We’ll see. The doctors would disagree
但他们又晓得什么?
but what do they know?
我们在哈瓦那 所达成的美好成就
These are wonderful things that we’ve achieved in Havana
由此开始毫无止境
and there’s no limit to where we can go from here.
这种政♥府♥了解如何协助企业 如何去鼓励…
This kind of government knows how to help business,to encourage it.
这里的旅馆事业 和我们在拉斯维加斯
The hotels here are bigger and swankier than
任何粗鄙的场所 都要更大、更豪华
any of the joints in Vegas.
我们要谢谢在古巴政♥府♥的友人
We can thank our friends in the Cuban government
在平等的基础上 放宽了进口的限制
which has put up half the cash with the Teamsters,on a dollar for dollar basis
而且只需先付一半的现金
and has relaxed restrictions on imports.
我要说的是
What I’m saying is
我们有了我们所需要的
that we have now what we have always needed:
与政♥府♥的真正合伙关系
Real partnership with a government.
小块一点
Smaller piece.
你们全都认得麦克柯里昂
You all know Michael Corleone
而且我们全都记得他的父亲
and we all remember his father.
在我退休或死亡的时候
At the time of my retirement, or death
我把我整个哈瓦那所有的企业
I turn over all my interests in the Havana operation
全移转给他管理
to his control.
但是…
But
你们全部都会有一份
all of you will share.
纳西翁雷归湖村路兄弟管理
The Nacionale will go to the Lakeville Road Boys
卡普利归柯里昂家族
the Capri to the Corleone family
塞维拉毕特摩也是
the Sevilla Biltmore also
但新港的艾迪拉文 将引进潘尼诺兄弟
but Eddie Levine will bring in the Pennino brothers
尼诺和艾迪得一部分的主♥权♥
Dino and Eddie, for a piece
和实际赌场经营的管理权
and to handle the casino operations.
而且还保留一部分 给内华达的朋友
We’ve saved a piece for some friends in Nevada
以确定家乡的事都能够顺利
to make sure that things go smoothly back home.
希望大家好好享用蛋糕
I want all of you to enjoy your cake.
所以…吃吧!
So, enjoy!
生日快乐
Happy birthday!
我今天看到一件有趣的事
I saw an interesting thing happen today.
一个叛党被宪兵逮捕了
A rebel was being arrested by the military police.
他不但不肯被生擒 还引爆身上的手榴弹
Rather than be taken alive, he exploded a grenade he had in his jacket.
他自杀了 还连带炸死一位指挥的队长
He killed himself and took a captain of the command with him.
-对吧?强尼 -那些叛党 他们是神经病
-Right,Johnny?-Those rebels are lunatics.
也许如此 不过这使我想到 军人是拿薪水作战
Maybe so.But it occurred to me,that the soldiers are paidto fight
叛党则不是
the rebels aren’t.
那告诉了你什么?
What does that tell you?
他们可能会赢!
They can win.
这国家过去50年来都有叛乱
This country has had rebels for 50 years.
他们的天性就是如此 相信我 我知道
It’s in their blood.I know.
我由20年代就开始来这里了
I’ve been coming here since the Twenties.
当你还是婴儿时
We were running molasses from Havana
我们就在这经营哈瓦那的糖业
when you were a baby.
那卡车是令尊所有的
The trucks were owned by your father.
麦克
Mikey.
我宁愿我们单独相处时 才讨论这事
I’d rather we talked about this when we’re alone.
那二百万一直没来到岛上
The two million never got to the island.
我不希望话传出去说 你因担心叛乱…
It mustn’t be known that you held back the money
而不肯把钱拿出来
because you worried about the rebels.
坐下…
Sit down, Michael. Sit down.
我若能活到看见 和你一起达到顶峰就好了
If I could only live to see it, to be there with you.
我愿用一切来换取20年的寿命
What I wouldn’t give for 20 more years.
我们在这里被保护着
Here we are, protected.
能自♥由♥的争取我们的利润
Free to make our profits without Kefauver
而不被司法部及调查局打扰
the goddamn Justice Department and the FBI .
身在90哩之外
90 miles away
与友善的政♥府♥合伙
in partnership with a friendly government.
也许有些小事情 但不算什么
90 miles. It’s nothing.
对一个想成为美国总统的人
Just one small step for a man looking to
这只是小小的一步罢了
be President of the United States
又有足够的金钱让它成为可能
and having the cash to make it possible.
麦克!
Mikey!
我们比美国钢铁公♥司♥还要大
we’re bigger than U.S. Steel.
麦克!你好吗?
Mikey, how are you? Okay?
我是弗雷多柯里昂
Hi! Freddie Corleone.
是我哥哥
Mio frati
老天爷!这一路真辛苦
Jesus Christ, what a trip!
一路上我都在想万一有人知道
I thought, “What if somebody knows
我这里面装了什么
what I’ve got in here”.
你能想像吗?
Can you imagine that?
二百万元在飞机座位旁
Two million dollars on the seat next to me.
-对不起 -没关系的
– Excuse me. – It’s okay.
你要数数看吗?
You want to count it?
麦克 这里究竟是怎么回事
What’s going on?
我完全蒙在鼓里
I’m totally in the dark.