and I intend to speak very frankly to you.
也许比从前任何一位 你遇过的参议员都要坦白
Maybe more frankly than anyone in my position has ever talked to you before.
柯里昂家族在内华达 相当的成功
The Corleone family has done well in Nevada.
你拥有或者说控制了 拉斯维加斯的主要旅馆
You own, or control, two major hotels in Vegas,
在雷诺还有一家
and one in Reno.
执照是早就有的
The licences were grandfathered in,
所以在赌博委员会是没有问题
so there was no problem with the Gaming Commission.
现在我的消息来源告诉我
Now my sources tell me
你计划预备去动托比卡拉
that you plan to make a move against the Tropigala.
他们告诉我说在一周之内
They tell me that, within a week,
你就会把他们给扫地出门了
you’re going to move Klingman out.
那是个不小的扩充
Quite an expansion.
不过你会遇到一个 技术上的问题
However, it will leave you with a little technical problem.
执照依然是克灵门的名字
The licence will still be in Klingman’s name.
谭波是个好人
Turnbull is a good man.
好了 我们废话少说
Yeah, well, let’s cut out the bullshit.
我不想在这里浪费许多时间
I don’t want to spend more time here than I have to.
你可以拥有执照
You can have the licence.
代价是25万
The price is 250,000 dollars.
加上每个月总收入的5%
Plus five per cent of the gross monthly,
柯里昂先生 我是指四家旅馆合并的总收入
of all four hotels, Mr. Corleone.
现在执照的价格不超过二万元
The price for the licence is less than 20,000 dollars,
-我说的对不对? -没错
-Am I right? -That’s right.
那我为何要付 这么高的价格呢?
Why would I pay more than that?
因为我意图要压♥迫♥你
Because I intend to squeeze you.
我不喜欢你这一类的人
I don’t like your kind of people.
我不喜欢看到你油头粉面
I don’t like to see you come out to
穿着那纯丝的西装
this clean country in oily hair,dressed up in those silk suits
假装是位正直的美国人
and try to pass yourselves off as decent Americans.
我是和你做生意
I’ll do business with you,
但事实上我鄙视你的假面具
but the fact is that I despise your masquerade,
和你那种不择手段 向上爬的做事方式
the dishonest way you pose yourself.
你和你♥他♥妈♥的整个家族
Yourself, and your whole fucking family.
参议员
Senator…
我们两个都是伪善的人
…we’re both part of the same hypocrisy.
但是永远也不要想 把我的家族拿来混为一谈
But never think it applies to my family.
好吧! 有些人就是喜欢玩点小把戏
All right, all right.Some people have to play little games.
你玩你的
You play yours.
让我们这样说好了!
Let’s say that
你是为了自己本身的利益 而付钱给我
you’ll pay me because it’s in your interest.
明天中午前我要你的答覆和钱
I want your answer and the money by noon tomorrow.
还有一件事你不要再连络我了 永远不要
One more thing.Don’t you contact me again,ever.
从今以后 你与罪犯去打交道
From now on you deal with Turnbull.
-开门!小子 -参议员
-Open that door, son. -Senator,
想的话 我现在就能答覆你
you can have my answer now if you like.
我要提供的是这个
My offer is this:
什么都没有
Nothing.
甚至不付赌博执照的费用
Not even the fee for the gaming licence
如果你个人能提供那项费用 我会很感激的
which I would like you to put up personally.
各位午安!
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
女士们 我不知道你们在外面
Ladies! I didn’t know you were out here.
亲爱的 我们必须走了 我们已经迟了30分钟了
Honey, we have to go. We’re 30 minutes late.
真的 真遗憾
Really? I’m sorry.
柯里昂太太 真是个好派对 谢谢你
It’s been delightful.
那是我们的荣幸 非常感谢
It was our pleasure.
和你谈话真是愉快
It was wonderful talking to you.
弗雷多
Fredo!
弗雷多 你这个臭小子
Fredo, you son-of-a-bitch,
你气色看来真好
you look great!
法兰克潘坦居利
Frank Pentangeli!
我以为你永远不会来西部 你这大混♥蛋♥
I thought you was never coming out west you big bum!
我总得照顾我的手下 不是吗?
I’ve got to check on my boys.
弗雷多 这里的食物是怎么回事?
What’s with the food here?
-怎么了? -穿白色上衣的孩子端给我的
-What’s the matter? -A kid comes up to mein a white jacket,
几片饼干还有切碎的鹅肝 告诉我那是”可娜的和平”
gives me a Ritz cracker, and uh, chopped liver, he says Canapés.
我跟他说那是可娜和平个屁 那只是饼干配上碎鹅肝
uh, uh, can o’ peas my ass, that’s a Ritz cracker and chopped liver!
因为任何人都…
Hey, does anyone…
这里有烤肉 那香肠在哪里?
We got a barbecue here, so where’s the sausage?
把胡椒和香肠拿出来
Bring out the peppers and sardines!
看到你让我想起了 纽约的昔日时光
Seeing you reminds me of New York in the old days!
弗雷多 你还记得威力奇契吗?
Hey, Fredo.You remember Willi Cicci
我们和克里曼沙 一起在布鲁克林 他…
who was with old man Clemenza in Brooklyn?
我们对他的事都很难过 法兰克
We were all upset about that.
他是心脏病发作 对吧?
Heart attack, huh?
不 那不是心脏病发作
No, that was no heart attack.
那是我来这的原因
That’s what I’m here
来找你弟弟麦克谈的
to see your brother Mike about.
-但是他是怎么回事? -什么意思?
– But what’s with him? – What do you mean?
我是说我得先去找封介绍信?
Do I have to get a letter of introduction
才能见他?
to get a sit-down?
怎么 你不能见到麦克?
You can’t get in to see Mike?
他要我在大厅等他!
He’s got me waiting in a lobby!
强尼欧拉
Johnny Ola.
艾尔纳利
Al Neri.
强尼 你近来好吗?
How are you, Johnny?
你认得我的律师汤姆哈金 强尼欧拉
Do you know my lawyer Tom Hagen?Johnny Ola.
当然 老早就认得汤姆了
Sure,I remember Tom from the old days.
罗可 这是什么?
Rocco,what’s this?
是迈阿密的柳丁
It’s an orange from Miami.
你去招呼一下强尼的人 他们看来有点饿了
Take care of Johnny’s men. They look like they might be hungry.
强尼!
Johnny!
坐吧!
Sit down!
汤姆不会在这陪我们 强尼
Tom won’t stay,Johnny.
他只处理一些特别事务
He only handles specific areas of the business.
汤姆
Tom
当然 麦克
Sure, Mike.
你要喝什么?强尼?
What are you drinking, Johnny?
蜂蜜酒
Anisette.
蜂蜜酒
Anisette.
若需要什么? 麦克 我会在外面
If you need anything,Mike,I’ll be outside.
汤姆 告诉罗可我们在等他
Just tell Rocco we’re waiting, Tom.
我刚留下罗斯先生在迈阿密
I just left Mr. Roth in Miami.
他的健康情况如何?
How is his health?
不好
It’s not good.
我能做些什么吗? 能送他什么吗
Is there anything I can do? Anything I can send?
麦克 他很感激你的关心和尊敬
We appreciate your concen Michael and your respect.
你有兴趣的那家赌场 登记的是杰可劳伦斯
That casino…Registered owners: Jacob Lawrence,
和亚伦巴克莱 两个都是比佛利山的律师
Allan Barclay. Beverly Hills attorneys.
真正的主人是 克里夫兰的湖村路集团
The real owners are the old Lakeville Road group
及我们在迈阿密的 朋友克灵门负责经营
and our friend in Miami.Meyer Klingman runs the store.
他拥有一部分的主♥权♥ 他弄的还好
he runs a piece of it too,he does alright.
但是我奉命告诉你
but I’ve been instructed to tell you
若你想请克灵门出局
that if you move him out,
我们在迈阿密的朋友会同意的
our friend in Miami will go along.
他们真的很客气
It’s very kind of him.
你告诉他 我非常的感激
Tell him it’s greatly appreciated.
海门罗斯永远为他的搭档赚钱
Hyman Roth always makes money for his partners.
一个接着一个
One by one,
昔日的好友都走了
our old friends are gone.
死了
Death
不管是自然或其他因素
natural or not,
入狱、流亡
prison, deported…
海门罗斯是唯一剩下的
Hyman Roth is the only one left,
因为他永远替他的搭档赚钱!
because he always made money for his partners.
我真不敢相信这个
I can’t believe it!
有三十位职业的乐师在这
out of thirty professional musicians,
居然没有一个意大利人
there isn’t one Italian in, in the group here.
来吧!我们来点意大利的乐曲 奏吧!
Let’s have a tarantella! Come on!
你!站起来 快点 起来
You! Up! Clarinet up , up, up!
快点吹!
Questa mano!
吹!