(教父的原名是 维多安东里尼)
(诞生在西西里岛 的柯里昂村)
(1901年时 他的父亲)
(因侮辱当地的 黑♥手♥党♥老大被谋杀)
(他的兄长保罗发誓要复仇)
(却在山区里失去踪影)
(留下了维多在那儿)
(成为唯一男性)
(在葬礼中陪伴他的母亲)
(他当时才九岁)
他们杀了那个孩子
They’ve killed the boy!
他们杀了年轻的保罗
They’ve killed young Paolo!
他们杀了你的儿子保罗
They’ve killed your son Paolo!
凶手!…
Murderers! Murderers!
我的儿子!
My son…
我的儿子!
My son…
我尊敬的西西欧阁下
All my respect, Don Ciccio.
西西欧阁下…
Don Ciccio…
你因我丈夫不肯 向你屈服而杀他
You killed my husband because he wouldn’t give in to you.
以及他的长子保罗
And his oldest son Paolo…
因为他誓言要复仇
because he swore revenge.
但维多是我仅有的 而且笨手笨脚
But Vito is only nine.And dumb-witted.
他从来不说话
He never speaks.
我怕的不是他的话
It’s not his words I’m afraid of.
他很弱 不可能伤害任何人
He’s weak. He couldn’t hurt anyone.
但他长大后会变得很强
But when he grows, he’ll grow strong.
别担心 这小孩不会对你怎么样
Don’t worry. This little boy can’t do a thing to you.
当他长大以后会回来报仇的
When he’s a man, he’ll come for revenge.
我求你 西西欧阁下
I beg you, Don Ciccio,spare my only son.
放了我唯一的孩子
He’s all I have left.
他是我仅有的了
He’s all I have left.
我对天发誓 他永远不会伤害你
I swear to God he’ll never do you any harm.
放了他吧!
Spare him!
不行
No.
快逃 维多
Run, Vito!
别动否则我杀了你!
Move and I’ll kill him!
快逃!维多
Run, Vito!
杀了他!…
Kill him…
任何家庭收容了维多安东里尼 都会后悔的
Any family who hides the boy Vito Andolini will regret it!
你们明白吗?
You understand?
任何收容维多安东里尼的 都会有麻烦
Anybody who hides the boy
任何人收容了维多安东里尼…
If anyone is hiding the boy Vito Andolini…
把他交给我们
…turn him over to us.
西西欧阁下会谢谢你的 那对你及那孩子都好
Don Ciccio will thank you for it!
任何人收容了维多安东里尼…
Any family who hides the boy Vito Andolini…
维多 我们会为你祈祷的
Vito, we’re praying for you!
任何收容维多安东里尼的 都会有麻烦
Anybody who hides the boy Vito Andolini is in for trouble!
把他交给我们
Turn him over to us.
西西欧阁下会谢谢你的
Don Ciccio will thank you for it!
那对你及那孩子都好
It’ll be better for the boy,and better for you!
任何人收容了维多安东里尼…
Any family who hides the boy Vito Andolini…
去找护士
Nurse.
翻译员
Interpreter!
你从哪里来?
Where are you from?
你叫什么名字?
What is your name?
说吧!孩子 你叫什么名字?
Come on, son. What is your name?
你叫什么名字
What is your name?
由柯里昂村来的维多安东里尼
Vito Andolini from Corleone.
柯里昂 维多柯里昂
Corleone. Vito Corleone.
好了 到那边去
Okay, over there.
下一位
Next.
叫什么名字
Your name?
告诉他他有天花 要隔离三个月
Tell him he has smallpox. Quarantine three months.
维多柯里昂?…
Vito Corleone!Vito Corleone!
在这!他就是
Here he is. This is him.
(1901年 爱丽丝岛 维多柯里昂)
(他的孙子 安东尼维多柯里昂)
(1958年 大浩湖 内华达州)
泰德!把车钥匙拿来
Did you bring the car keys?
洛莉!…
Laurie! Laurie!
妈妈!
Mama!
妈妈!
Mama!
看看是谁在这
Look,who’s here?
-柯梅诺神父! -康妮 你好
– Father Carmelo.-
-这位是柯梅诺神父 -我是梅尔强森
– This is Father Carmelo. – I’m Merle Johnson.
是这教区的神父
family parish.
妈妈!我回来了
Mama!Here I am.
我真搞不懂
Constanzia,
你来迟了一个星期?
after one week?
我上星期派车去机场接你
I sent the car to the airport last week to pick you up.
那是场大灾难
It was chaos.
反正我回来了 只是迟了一星期罢了
Anyway, here I am, just one week late.
这个是送给妈妈的
This is for my mama!
-这是什么? -你还记得梅尔吧?
– What is this? – You remember Merle?
你好 妈妈
Hello,mama.
你好吗?谢谢你
Hello. How are you? Thank you.
麦克在哪?我得和他谈谈
Where’s Michael? I gotta to talk to him,
把几件事弄清楚
and um, get a few things straight,
我不能排队见他
and I can’t wait on line.
你先去看你的孩子
You go see your children first.
然后再操心见你弟弟的事 你得和别人一样排队
Then you worry about waiting on line to see your brother. Like everybody else.
各位先生女士
Ladies and gentlemen…
我们最尊贵的来宾 想要说几句话
A most distinguished guest would like to say a few words.
请欢迎内华达州的参议员
Please welcome Senator Pat Geary
派特葛瑞
of the State of Nevada.
还有葛瑞太太
And there is Mrs. Geary.
非常谢谢各位先生女士
Thank you very much, Ladies and Gentlemen
对于我及内人而言 今天是个非常快乐的日子
This is a very, very happy day for me and my wife Mrs. Geary.
我们极少回来内华达州
We see Nevada far too seldom.
我们今天回来特别高兴 一来和老朋友相聚
But today we can join with old friends,
二来我们能交到新的朋友
we can make new friends,
三则是共同庆祝一个年轻人 首度领圣餐礼
and we help celebrate a young man’s first Communion.
而且也要谢谢那孩子的家庭 对于本州慷慨的捐献
And also to thank that boy’s family for a magnificent contribution to the State.
我手上有张支票
I have here in my hand a cheque
受款人是州立大学
made out to the university,
而且金额惊人
and it is a magnificent endowment
是以安东尼维多柯里昂的 名义捐赠的
in the name of Anthony Vito Corleone.
钱是安东尼父母捐出来我们有
The cheque is signed by that young man’s parents,
请这对善长站起来和大家见面
whom I think we should recognise.
请站起来 让大伙们能看到你们
Mike, Pat, Kay. stand up, please. Let the folks see you!
各位 希望大家和我一起
Folks, I want you to join me
向麦克柯里昂先生夫人致谢
in giving a real Nevada thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Michael Corleone!
我们同时有一个 特别安排的节目
We also have, as a special added attraction,
西耶华儿童合唱团
the Sierra Boys Choir,
他们特别挑选了一些歌♥曲
who have chosen a certain special song
为这里的主人麦克柯里昂
and a special arrangement to
所特别安排的
honour their host, Mr. Michael Corleone.
孩子们!
Boys.
匾额
The plaque.
对了
Relax.
好 你们拍到了没?
Okay, fellows, did you get that one?
好了 参议员 麻烦你和柯里昂太太合照
Now, Senator, just you and Mrs. Corleone.
好了 那样就行了
Okay that’s enough, Senator
请把支票给我
Give me the cheque.
拿高点让我们看得见
higher,so we can see it.
这是我的律师汤姆哈金
My lawyer Tom Hagen.
葛瑞参议员
Senator Geary.
是他负责和你的手下 安排这整件事
He arranged everything through your man Turnbull.
是的…
Yes, yes.
请坐
Sit down.
我以为我们两个要单独谈话
Well I was under the impression that you and I would talk alone.
这些人都是我的心腹 参议员
I trust these men with my life, Senator.
若是我要求他们离开 那就是侮辱他们
To ask them to leave would be an insult.
这个…
Well,
我是无所谓但是我得告诉你
it’s perfectly all right with me,
我是个很直率的人
but I am a blunt man
而我预备很坦白的对你说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!