I mean, it’s not like gambling or liquor or even women…
这些是人们想要的东西
which is something that most people want nowadays
只是教会不准我们做而己
and is forbidden to them by the pezzonovante of the church.
即使警♥察♥过去在赌博等方面愿意协助我们
Even the police departments that have helped us in the past with gambling and other things
但一提到毒品 他们会拒绝帮忙
are gonna refuse to help us when it comes to narcotics.
我以前那么想 现在想法依然不变
And I believed that then… and I believe that now.
时代变了
Times have changed.
不像昔日了
It’s not like the old days…
我们能做任何我们想做的事
when we could do anything we want.
你拒绝合作实在不够朋友
A refusal is not the act of a friend.
柯里昂阁下握有全纽约 法律界以及政客的势力
If Don Corleone had all the judges and politicians in New York…
他就必须与大家分享 让大家都能利用他们
then he must share them or let others use them.
他必须让我们分汲利益 大家一起发财
He must let us draw the water from the well.
当然他能因这种服务 而向大家收费
Certainly, he can present a bill for such services.
毕竟我们不是共♥产♥党
After all, we are not Communists.
我同样的也不相信毒品
I also don’t believe in drugs.
多年来我付手下优厚的待遇
For years, I paid my people extra…
使他们不去沾毒品
so they wouldn’t do that kind of business.
避免有人来找他们 并且说我有白粉
Somebody comes to them and says, ”I have powders.
你只要投资三千元到四千元
If you put up a three, four-thousand-dollar investment…
就可以赚到五万元
we can make 50,000 distributing.”
他们怎能抗拒得了
So they can’t resist.
我想以正派的方法 来经营毒品生意
I want to control it as a business…to keep it respectable.
我不要它们接近学校
I don’t want it near schools.
我不要把它们卖♥♥给孩子
I don’t want it sold to children.
那是残害幼苗
That’s an infamia.
我只想卖♥♥给那些黑人 或是在有色人种中流通
In my city, we’ll keep the traffic in the dark people, the colored.
他们反正是动物 所以让他们去堕落吧
They’re animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.
我本希望能合理的讨论一些事
I hoped that we could come here and reason together.
身为一个讲道理的人
As a reasonable man, I’m willing to do whatever’s necessary…
我愿意为此事找个和平解决之道
to find a peaceful solution to these problems.
那么我们全都达成协议
Then we are agreed.
毒品生意可以做但要有限制
The traffic in drugs will be permitted but controlled.
柯里昂阁下会给我们东部的保护
Don Corleone will give us protection in the east…
然后我们和平相处
and there will be the peace.
但我必须有柯里昂阁下的 确切保证
But I must have strict assurance from Corleone.
万一他的地位越来越坚固之后
As time goes by and his position becomes stronger…
他是否会采取复仇行动
will he attempt any individual vendetta?
听着我们这全是讲理的人
Look, we are all reasonable men here.
我们不需像是律师般 给什么确切保证
We don’t have to give assurances as if we were lawyers.
你谈到复仇
You talk about vengeance.
复仇会让你的儿子复活吗?
Is vengeance gonna bring your son back to you?
或者我的儿子?
Or my boy to me?
我不会再去计较我儿子的死
I forego the vengeance of my son.
但我有个自私的要求
But I have selfish reasons.
我的小儿子被迫离开这个国家
My youngest son…was forced to leave this country…
全都因为这索拉索的事
because of this Sollozzo business.
我必须安排让他安全的回来
All right. And I have to make arrangements…
洗脱种种无中生有的罪名
to bring him back here safely, cleared of all these false charges.
而我是个迷信的人
But I’m a superstitious man.
若是他不幸发生意外
And if some unlucky accident should befall him–
或被警♥察♥开枪打死
if he should get shot in the head by a police officer…
或在牢里上吊
or if he should hang himself in his jail cell…
或是他被闪电击中
of if he’s struck by a bolt of lightening–
那我会怪罪于在这房♥间内的诸位
then I’m going to blame some of the people in this room.
到那时候我就不会再客气了
And that I do not forgive.
但除了那个以外
But that aside…
我以我孙子的性命发誓
let me say that I swear… on the souls of my grandchildren…
我不会是打破我们今天和议的人
that I will not be the one to break the peace we’ve made here today.
当我见塔塔基利亚的人时
When I meet with the Tattaglia people, should I insist…
应否坚持那些毒品中间人 都没有前科?
that all these drug middlemen have clean records?
提出来无妨 不要坚持
Mention it. Don’t insist.
巴西尼这种人你不说他也明白
Barzini is a man who’ll know that without being told.
你是说塔塔基利亚
You mean Tattaglia.
塔塔基利亚是个下三滥?
Tattaglia’s a pimp.
他根本没本事干掉山提诺
He never could’ve outfought Santino.
我在今天以前并不晓得
But I didn’t know until this day that it was…
一直是巴西尼在主使
Barzini all along.
来吧 南希
Come on, Nancy.
大家紧跟在一起 布莱恩
Keep together, everyone. Brian?
好的…
All right.
你回来多久了?
How long have you been back?
一年了
I’ve been back a year.
也许还不只
Longer than that, I think.
见到你真好 凯
It’s good to see you, Kay.
我现在为我父亲做事
I’m working for my father now.
他病了 病的很重
He’s been sick.Very sick.
但是你不像他 麦克
But you’re not like him.
我以为你不会成为令尊那样的人
I thought you weren’t going to become a man like your father.
那是你所告诉我的
That’s what you told me.
家父与其它有权的人一样
My father’s no different than any other powerful man.
就是那种要对其他人负责任的人
Any man who’s responsible for other people.
像是参议员或是总统
Like a senator or a president.
你知道你说这些话有多天真
Do you know how naive you sound?
为什么?
Why?
参议员及总统不杀人
Senators and presidents don’t have men killed.
是谁天真?凯
Who’s being naive?
家父做事的那一套己过时了
My father’s way of doing things is over.
连他都晓得那一点
It’s finished. Even he knows that.
我是说在五年之内
I mean, in five years the Corleone family…
柯里昂家族会完全合法化
is going to be completely legitimate.
相信我
Trust me.
我很清楚我未来的走向
That’s all I can tell you about my business.
凯
麦克 你为何到这来?
Why did you come here?
为什么?
Why?
你究竟想要我怎么样
What do you want with me after all this time…
这么多年来 你不打电♥话♥也不写信
without even calling or writing?
我来这是因为我需要你 我关心你
I came here because I need you.
别再说了 麦克
– Because I care for you. – Please stop it.
因为我要你嫁给我
Because I want you to marry me.
太迟了…
– It’s too late. – Please.
凯…
我会做任何事 以弥补过去所发生的事
I’ll do anything you ask to make up for what’s happened to us.
因为那很重要 凯
Because that’s important.
重要的是因为…
Because what’s important is that…
我们拥有彼此
we have each other.
而且我们要共度一生
That we have a life together.
我们会有孩子
That we have children–
我们的孩子
our children.
凯
我需要你
I need you…
而且我爱你
and I love you.
巴西尼的人抢我们的地盘
Barzini’s people chisel my territory…
而我们却无能为力
and we do nothing about it.
再过不久布鲁克林 我连落脚的地方都没有了
Soon, there won’t be one place in Brooklyn I can hang my hat.
有耐性点
-Just be patient.
我不是求你帮忙 只是不想受制肘
I’m not askin’ you for help. Just take off the handcuffs.
再忍♥耐点
Be patient.
我们必须保护自己
We gotta protect ourselves.
给我个机会再培养一些新人
Give me a chance to recruit some new men.
不
No.
我不要给巴西尼借口来开战 麦克 你错了
-I don’t wanna give Barzini an excuse to start fighting.-Mike, you’re wrong.
柯里昂阁下
Don Corleone,
你曾说过要让我与泰西欧 自立门户
you once said the day would come when Tessio and me could form our own family.
今天以前我想都不敢想
Till today, I would never think of it.
但现在我要求你的批准
I must ask your permission.
现在由麦克当家
Well, Michael is now head of the family and
如果他答应我就祝福你
if he gives his permission, then you have my blessing.
等我们搬到内华达州后
After we make the move to Nevada…
你就可由柯里昂家族分出 自立门户
you can break off from the Corleone family and go on your own.
但得在我们搬到内华达州之后
– After we make the move to Nevada.