For more than a pilot makes in a year.
现在 我的家人要三个月都吃不上饭
Now, my family won’t eat for three months
这样你收的钱就能买♥♥得起一辆凯迪拉克了
So that you can drive a cadillac.
这个医疗系统通过剥削他人基本生存权利而致富
You’re part of a system that is gettin’ rich
你也是这个系统的一部分 医生
Off of the human need to survive, doc.
你管这个叫做 妥当的照顾
You call that “proper care”?
沃尔斯先生 我们能私下谈谈吗
Mr. walls, can we have a moment, please?
爸爸有麻烦了 山羊
Dad’s in trouble, mountain goat.
我们去去就回
We’ll be back.
来吧 孩子 我们该回去了
Come on, kids, time to go.
好的
Okay.
为了这事能成功
In order to pull this off,
你的每一根神经都必须相信
Every fiber in your being has got to believe
这是真的
That this is real.
如果你能够说服你自己
If you can convince yourself,
你也可以说服他们 明白了吗
Then you can convince them, too. you got it?
真棒 我们来看看那张扑克脸
Good. let’s see that poker face.
正常脸 扑克脸 正常脸 扑克脸
Regular face. poker. regular. poker.
正常 扑克 正常 扑克
Regular. poker. regular. poker.
真是难以置信 我们出发
Incredible. let’s go.
早上好 小太阳 你准备好逃跑了吗
Mornin’, sunshine. you ready to skedaddle?
准备出发 布莱恩 该结束了
Ready to go! brian, wrap it up!
再见
Bye!
我在研究这种新的solarban玻璃
I’ve been lookin’ into this new solarban glass.
它能透过自然光并且阻隔辐射
It lets in the light, but blocks the radiation.
它能够大大降低我们对能源的需求
It will drastically reduce our energy demands.
还会有玻璃墙和玻璃天花板吗
Is it still gonna have glass walls and a glass ceiling?
当然 不然我们晚上怎么看星星呢
Of course! how else we gonna see the stars at night?
我能有通过玻璃楼梯走上去的房♥间吗
You think my room can have glass stairs goin’ up to it?
这主意不错 宝贝 控制一下方向盘
That’s a great idea. uh, baby, take the wheel.
从结构上来说 这是可行的
Structurally, we could make that work
如果它是螺旋式的并且通过钢来支撑的话
If it was a spiral with a steel stringer.
所有的重量就会被推向中间
That way all the weight pushes in toward the middle.
只要它不会阻挡进入我工作室的光线就行
Just don’t let it block any light to my studio.
我需要光线照进我的工作室
I need full exposure.
哦 我也喜欢你不♥穿♥衣服的样子 亲爱的(此处为双关语)
Oh, i like full exposure from you, dear.
你真的认为我们能造出来吗
You really think we’ll build it?
当然
Of course.
什么时候
When?
你知道 我们现在这样东奔西跑只是暂时的
You know, this running around is only temporary.
我们只是需要一个完美的地点
We just need the perfect location,
然后我们就可以开始建造我们的城♥堡♥了
And then we can get to work on our castle.
– 好了 现在谁需要一本书 – 我
– okay, now who needs a book? – me!
我也是
Me!
你好好开车
You can drive.
这里有一本新的赞恩 格雷历险记
Here’s a new zane grey adventure.
还有 哦看
And, oh, look…
你会很喜欢这本书的 珍妮特
You’ll love this one, jeannette.
黑美人
Black beauty.
这就像汤姆叔叔的小屋但是是关于马的
It’s like uncle tom’s cabin but for horses.
泰勒医生说
Doctor taylor said
在家里自己看书
Stayin’ home and reading books on our own
不是一种全面的教育
Isn’t a well-rounded education.
嗯 真的吗
Mmm. really?
他说我们应该去真正的学校
He said we should be goin’ to a real school.
真正的学校 嗯
A real school, huh?
他会杀了我们的
He’s gonna kill us!
每个人都下车
Everyone out!
快点
Come on!
看看这些
Look at this!
这里所有的杜松和短叶丝兰
All those juniper and joshua trees
成功适应了一年只有
Have adapted to survive
5英尺降水的环境后活了下来
On only five inches of rainfall a year.
那里的孤山是一亿年前的
That inselberg was formed from cooling magma
岩浆冷却形成的
Over a hundred million years ago.
一会儿太阳就要下山了 我们就能看到
Pretty soon the sun’s comin’ down, we’ll be watchin’
猎户座 宝瓶座和时钟座
Orion and aquarius and horologium
在夜晚的天空旋转
Rotate through the night sky.
这才是干货 孩子们
This is as real as it gets, kids!
不要指望一个傻乎乎的医生能告诉你们有什么不同
And don’t let no dumb-ass doctor tell you different.
你要从生活中学习
You learn from living!
其他的一切都是该死的谎言
Everything else is a damn lie.
哦 看这个
Oh! look at that!
这是什么宝贝
What is it, baby?
这是我见过的最美的树
That is the most beautiful tree i have ever seen!
谁帮我把油画布拿来
Someone get my canvas!
看起来我们要在这里过夜了 孩子们
Looks like we’ll be sleepin’ here tonight, kids.
其实这对你们的身姿有好处
This is actually great for your posture.
你知道 印第安人从来不用枕头
You know, the indians never use pillows either,
看他们站得多直
And look how straight they stand.
为什么是那一棵
Why that one?
自从它出生以来
The wind’s been beatin’ that tree down
风就想把它吹倒
Since the day it was born.
但是它不愿意被打倒
But it refuses to fall.
是挣扎的力量赋予了它美感
It’s the struggle that gives it its beauty.
爸爸
Dad.
爸爸
Dad?
怎么了
Huh?
我觉得我好像看到了那里有东西
I think maybe i saw something out there.
好的 你仔细看了没有
All right. did you get a good look at it?
没怎么仔细看
Not really.
他是一个又老又大的长毛怪
Was he a big ol’ hairy son of a bitch
有着可怕的獠牙和爪子吗
With the damndest lookin’ teeth and claws?
也许吧 嗯哼
Maybe. mmm-hmm.
还有 啊
And, uh,
他是不是还有尖尖的耳朵和邪恶的眼睛 里面还有火焰燃烧
Did it have pointy ears and evil eyes with fire in ’em?
你也看到了吗
You’ve seen him, too?
哦是啊 是啊 我已经追捕这个魔鬼很多年了
Oh, yeah, yeah. i been chasin’ that demon for years.
你在哪里看到他的
Where’d you see him?
哦
Ow!
我们得把那个从你身上弄下来
We gotta get that off you.
没事的 火在这里不会伤到你的
It’s okay. fire can’t get you here.
我们得让伤口呼吸一下 好吗
We’re just gonna let this wound breathe a little. yeah?
现在 我要你扶着这个
Now, i want you to just hold this puppy right there.
你看到火焰的最上端了吗
You see the top of the flames
那里黄色的火光融化在热气里
Where the yellow dissolves into the heat?
在物理上 那个地方被
That zone is known in physics
看做混乱和秩序的界限
As the boundary between turbulence and order.
那是一个没有定理适用的地方
It’s a place where no rules apply.
至少现在还没有被发现
Or at least they haven’t figured ’em out yet.
这就是生活的全貌
That’s all life is,
一大群分子互相随机碰撞
Bunch of molecules bouncin’ off each other at random.
所以寻找理由或者是模式都没有意义
So there’s no point in tryin’ to find a reason or pattern
就像你为什么在那个时候出生
For why you were born at a certain time
你为什么在那时被烧伤
And why you got bit by that fire.
你仅仅只是离混乱过于接近了而已
You just got a little too close to the chaos is all.
你懂了吗
You understand?
我也不确定我懂了
I’m not sure i do either.
好了 现在感觉怎么样
There. how’s that feel?
珍妮特 怎么啦
Jeannette? yeah?
我有一个惊喜要给你
I’ve got a surprise for you in here.
好的
Okay!
你 你说过这很有趣
You… you said it was fun.
没有 我说这看起来很滑稽
No. i said it was funny.
好吧 而且它标价实在是太高了
Okay, well… and it’s very overpriced.
因为这是意大利产的
It’s italian, that’s why.
就坐在上面 享受一下这个椅子吧
Just sit down in it. enjoy the chair for a second.
在上面扭动一下
Just wiggle around in it a little bit.
你没有在扭动 就是这样
You’re not wiggling… there you go.
我会把它退回去 没事的
I’ll take it back. that’s fine.
不 不要 没关系的