How’s California?
非常美丽 阳光充沛
It’s really nice and sunny.
这是给你的乔迁礼物
Here’s your housewarming present.
我觉得你应该想要他的画
I thought you’d like one of him.
头发的部分我处理得不是很好 但是…
I didn’t do so well with the hair, but…
你喜欢吗 宝贝
Do you like it, honey?
简直太完美了
It’s perfect.
什么 什么
What? what?
我从来没给你说过吗
I never told you about this?
是的 从来没有
No, you didn’t.
他没有钱给我们买♥♥礼物
He didn’t have money for presents,
所以他领我们出门
So he takes each of us outside,
让我们各自去挑星星
And says that we can just pick out our own star.
– 真的吗 – 没错 随便挑
– Seriously? – Yeah, yeah, any one we want.
我挑了猎户座的星星
So I took rigel.
就是猎户座角落里那个蓝色的小星星
It’s that little blue one on the foot of orion.
你呢 罗莉
What was yours, Lori?
我挑的是那个第二亮的红巨星
And I chose betelgeuse
因为它的红色实在太美了
’cause it was this pretty shade of red,
后来爸爸告诉我
And then later that night dad told me
就它是这个颜色 因为它正在消逝
It was only that color because it was dying!
你挑了个没用的 你好笨
Yeah! you got the dud! you were so mad!
他都不肯让我再挑一个新的
Yeah, because he wouldn’t let me pick a new one!
“因为宇宙世界里只有一次机会”
“’cause there’s no return policies in outer space.”
“只有那些日本生产的毛绒玩具才允许你再挑一次”
“well, that only works for plastic toys made in Japan.”
他还说
But he also said,
“任何东西都会被摧毁和忘记”
“when everyone else’s junk is broken and forgotten,
“唯独你的星星永不毁灭”
“you’ll still have your stars.”
是的
Yeah.
珍妮特 你怎么了
Jeannette, what’s goin’ on?
还好吗
You okay?
你想什么呢 宝贝
What are you thinkin’, sweetie?
我…
I just…
我觉得自己很幸运…
I feel really lucky…
为雷克斯干杯
Let’s make a toast to Rex.
和你♥爸♥爸在一起的时光从不无聊
Life with your father was never boring.
这些都是人物的画像
All these here are portraits of people.
后面还有一箱是花的
I have a whole box of flowers back there.
这边的人都喜欢我画的花
Down here people like my flowers
他们觉得比纽约的人画得好
Better than they did in New York.
珍妮特的故事
You know, Jeannette’s story
那个星星的故事
About how he gave her a star,
珍妮特和罗莉的反应如此不同
What a difference between Lori’s and Jeannette’s.
“我这有一颗星星”
“I got a star.”
珍妮特说 “爸爸 你真棒”
Jeannette, “oh, daddy, you’re so wonderful.
“我爱你”
“I love you.”
罗莉却说 “你这个狗♥娘♥养♥的”
And Lori says, “you goddamn son of a bitch,
“你都没钱给我们买♥♥礼物”
“you didn’t have enough money.”
那个星星的故事
The star story.
爸爸总喜欢装腔作势
Dad loved grand gestures
我们宁可他
That preferably did not require
讲一次就够了
A whole lot of follow-up.
他还讲了两次
And he did it twice.
这些都是我自愿做的
I’ve made this all by my own free choice.
我从不后悔 这是一种经历
So I haven’t regretted it. It’s been an experience.
我从中学到了很多
I’ve gotten a lot out of it.
甚至当我爬到下水道里的时候
Even if I go down the drain,
我仍庆幸我胜利地出来了
I have still come out the winner.
以胜利者的姿态出来
Still come out a winner.
连傻子都能看出来
Any idiot
他们在抢夺地盘
Can see that this is a goddamn land-grab
那些政♥府♥官员们
By the city officials
用纳税者的钱
Using taxpayers’ money
拆除房♥屋
To tear down the buildings so that they could
然后把土地给投资商
Give away the property to the goddamn developers,
那些投资商私下会给他们塞钱
So the developers will pay ’em off under the table.
这并不新奇 但它一直在发生
It’s not new, but it has gone
直到我们有一天能阻止
As far as we’re gonna let it go.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!