I don’t want you to call or write
或是突然出现
Or show up out of the blue.
我不想再多听你胡扯任何一个故事
I don’t want another one of your bullshit stories.
我不想再见到你
I don’t wanna see you anymore.
我得走了
I gotta go.
再见了 妹妹
See you soon, little sister.
我觉得我搞清楚该怎么解决
I think i figured out how to deal
山坡一面采光差的问题了
With the lack of sunlight on the hillside.
我们只需要给太阳能光板安装上
We just need to install
特殊弧度的反射镜
Specially-curved mirrors to all the solar cells.
明白了吗 我在想的是
See, what i was thinkin’ was
你不需要立马就走
You don’t have to go right away.
你可以 爸爸
You could just… dad…
你可以在这读完书
You could finish school here
然后在韦尔奇日报找份工作
And get a job at the welch daily news,
而且我会帮助你
And i would help you
写那些文章 我要走了
Write those articles. i am going.
还记得我们怎样做的吗
Remember how we used to do that?
你记得吗
You remember that?
你永远不可能建成玻璃城♥堡♥
You are never going to build the glass castle.
噢 我会的 你不会
Oh, i am. you’re not.
我会的 我已经画好了
I am. i got it right here.
而且就算你真的要建 我也不在乎
And even if you do, it doesn’t matter.
我要乘第一班车离开这
I’m gettin’ on the first bus outta here.
好吧
Well…
如果车抛锚了 我就会步行
If the bus breaks down, i’m gonna walk.
我会完成这件事
I am gonna finish this thing…
如有需要我会搭便车 爸爸
I will hitchhike if i have to, dad.
我他妈向你保证
I can guaran-goddamn-tee it.
如果你想你就建吧 但别为了我
Build it if you want, but don’t build it for me.
嘿 嘿 嘿 珍妮特
Hey, hey, hey! jeannette…
小山羊
Mountain goat!
好了 下班后我会来接你
Okay, so i’m gonna pick you up after work,
我们直接从那里去酒店
And we’ll head straight to the restaurant from there.
哪里
Where?
我们要和勒哈基先生以及他的太太一起吃饭
We have dinner with mr. lehocky and his wife.
珍妮特 记得我告诉过你这个吗
Jeannette, remember i told you about this?
那个家具设计师
Furniture designer?
那个家伙的钱多到他都不知道怎么用了
This guy’s got more money than he knows what to do with.
你现在坐的椅子就是他设计的
He made the chair that you’re sitting in.
好了 家具设计师 我知道了
Right, the furniture designer. i got it.
珍妮特 拜托
Jeannette, please?
这可是个大数字 好吗
This is a very big account, okay?
对我们来说非常重要
This’ll be huge for us.
我说我知道了
I said i got it.
好了 你能接一下电♥话♥吗 我得走了
Okay. can you get that? i gotta go.

Mmm-hmm.
珍妮特 是我 宝贝
Jeannette, it’s me, sweetie.
已经很长时间了
It’s been too long.
你不能一直不联♥系♥我们 宝贝
You can’t ignore us forever, honey.
我真的需要和你谈一些事 好吗
I just really need to talk to you about somethin’. okay?
你有去现代博物馆看毕加索的回顾展吗
Have you been to the picasso retrospective at moma yet?
妈妈
Mom…
不要浪费你的时间 不用去了
Don’t waste your time.
他真的再也没有创作出什么好的作品
He really didn’t do anything worthwhile
在他巅峰时期之后
After his rose period.
那些立体派的东西都太花哨了
All that cubist stuff is so gimmicky.
妈妈 我得回去工作
Mom, i have to go back to work.
你为什么来这里
Why are you here?
我需要坐下来
I need to sit down.
你知道我不擅长处理
You know how i am with
像这样多愁善感的情况
Sentimental situations like this.
只是 我不知道该怎么办
It’s just… i don’t know what to do.
发生了什么
What’s goin’ on?
你♥爸♥爸病了 而且并没有好转
Your dad’s sick. and he’s not gettin’ better.
上个星期他不再开口讲话了
He stopped talkin’ last week.
那是什么意思
Well, what does that mean?
他一直对那晚在大卫家发生的事耿耿于怀
He was rantin’ about that night at david’s,
你说的一切关于他的酗酒
All that stuff you said about his drinkin’
以及他光说不做 这些东西
And how talking isn’t trying, and whatever else you said.
他问我是否觉得他话太多了
Then he asked me if i think he talks too much,
我说是 因为他就是这样的
And i said, “yeah,” ’cause he does.
然后他就不说话了
And then he just stopped.
从那以后就没说过一个字
Hasn’t said a word since.
不下床 很少吃东西
Won’t get out of bed. barely eats.
这沉默糟糕透了
The silence is awful.
他要死了 珍妮特
He’s dying, jeannette.
你可以生气
You have a right to be angry.
你觉得我会不知道吗
You think I don’t know that?
你当然知道
Of course you do.
好吧 我不是来告诉你要怎么做
Look, I don’t wanna tell you what to do ever,
但我知道你爱他 所以我想
But I know you love him, and I just think
如果你不回家和他告别的话你会后悔的
You’ll regret it if you don’t come home and say goodbye.
妈妈 我很久之前就和他告别了
Mom, I said goodbye a long time ago.
珍妮特…
Jeannette…
医生说如果他不喝酒了能活一个月
The doctor told him a month if he stops drinking,
但他不听 这就说不准了
Which he won’t, so who knows?
到底是什么病呢
What exactly is it?
每天四盒烟
Pretty much everything you can get
外加两夸脱(容量单位)的酒
From four packs of cigarettes
连续50年都如此 谁能不得病
And two quarts of booze every day for 50 years.
他看起来很不好 你应该去看看他
He doesn’t look good. You have to go see him.
不 我不会去的
No, I don’t.
你说的对 你不会去的
You’re right. You don’t.
但你会去的
But you kind of do.
他做了很多缺德事
He’s done a lotta shitty things,
但他也做过好事
But he’s had his moments.
来个人啊
Man in the hall!
有谁知道珍妮特的房♥间是哪个吗
Does anybody know where Jeannette’s room is?
太谢谢你了 小姐
Oh, thank you kindly, ma’am.
你一把鼻涕一把泪的干什么呢
What are you snot-slingin’ about?
你来这干什么
What are you doing here?
我觉得我总该来看看
I thought I’d finally come check out
你的这个高级大学
This high-fallutin’ college o’ yours.
我不得不说 我觉得学费应该更高点
I gotta say, for the tuition I expected a bit more.
你妈妈说你要辍学了
Your mom says that you’re jumpin’ ship.
你那些奖学金呢
What happened to all your fancy scholarships?
它们根本不够
It isn’t enough.
学校也不肯削减学费
And they don’t cut breaks
不肯给那些贫困山村有着大理想的小女孩吗
For poor little country girls with big dreams?
别说我没提醒过你
You can’t say I didn’t warn ya.
你从韦尔奇直接过来的吗
Did you come all the way here from Welch
就为了来挖苦取笑我吗
Just to rub it in my face?
你说的都对 好吧
You were right. Okay?
我就不该来这里 现在我辍学了
I never should’ve come here. now I’m droppin’ out.
管你说的什么东西
The hell you are!
这是950美元
That’s $950.
这个是
And, uh,
百分之百纯貂皮衣
That there is genuine 100% mink.
足够抵押50美元
Should be able to pawn that for at least $50.
你从哪里搞到的这些东西
Where did you get all this?
纽约到处都有玩扑克牌的人
New York city is full of poker players
一帮什么都不知道的蠢货
Who wouldn’t know their ass from their elbows,
你妈妈说我终于找到了个赌博的好借口
And your mom said I finally had a good reason to gamble.
你这么做都是为了我吗
You did this for me?
弥补一个父亲
Since when is it wrong for a father
没能好好照顾他宝贝女儿的罪过
To take care of his little girl?
莱霍茨基可是你的粉丝
So it turns out Mrs. Lehocky is actually a fan of yours.
她每周都读你的专栏
She reads your column every week.
那些有钱的老年白人是我们的目标群体
Rich, white and old is our target audience.
我听到你妈妈的留言了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!