That’s amazing.
你的逃跑基金现在如何了
How’s the escape fund looking?
噢 快攒够了
Oh, it’s getting close.
我大概到现在已经把威尔士所有吵闹鬼都看护过一遍了
I think i’ve baby-sat every demon child in welch by now.
你想听听看 是啊
You wanna hear? mmm-hmm.
这听起来像自♥由♥要来了
Sounds like freedom.
她听起来已经胖乎乎的了
She sounds fat.
你一定会爱上这里的 珍妮特
Oh, you’re really gonna love it here, jeannette.
在这儿你才感觉到自己第一次真正地呼吸着
It feels like you’re breathing for the first time.
我不认为他会放我离开
I don’t think he’s gonna let me go.
嘿 别这样 别想这个
Hey, come on. don’t even think about that.
这都不是问题
It doesn’t matter anyway.
你可以做任何 发生什么了
You can do whatever… what was that?
等一等 你能晚点打回来吗
Hold on. can you call me back?
好的
Okay.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
爱尔玛去世了
Erma died.
你觉得爱尔玛对老爸做过什么过分的事吗
Do you think erma ever did something to dad?
比如什么
Like what?
比如她对布莱恩做的事
Like what she did to brian.
你不能这样看待事物
You can’t think about things like that.
这会逼疯你的
It’ll make you crazy.
回家再见吧
I’m gonna meet you back at home.
老爸 爱尔玛的事我很遗憾
Dad… i’m sorry about erma.
到了离开的时机 你就走吧
When it’s time to go, you go.
我不是在说这个
I’m not talkin’ about that.
你绝对无法呼吸于粪坑之中
“it’s impossible to breathe when you’re drowning in shit.”
做好输掉四十块钱的觉悟了吗
Ready to lose that 40 bucks?
你可以现在就付钱 或等会儿给我
You can pay me now or pay me later.
你还相信你老爹是吗
You still believe in your ol’ man?
你愿意帮我抢了这家伙
Do you wanna help me hustle this guy?
赚上一点钱吗
Make some money?
那好 那么你看好
Yeah, okay, so…
只要你持续打击他的自信心 他就会一直玩下去
Long as you stroke his ego, he’ll keep playin’.
在我们把他榨干以后我负责处理后事
I’ll pull the plug the second we’ve drained him.
你知道该怎么做
You know the drill.
罗比
Robbie!
雷克斯
Hey, rex.
珍妮特
Jeannette?
我叫罗比 我不知道雷克斯有个女儿
Name’s robbie. i didn’t know ol’ rex had a daughter.
他有三个
He has three.
雷克斯说你喜欢跳舞
Rex said you like to dance.
你喜欢住在这里吗
You like livin’ in this town?
还行
It’s all right.
其实一点都不好 你知道的
It ain’t all right, and you know it.
我们都是热锅里的龙虾
We’re all mudbugs in a boiling pot,
不知道我们正在被活生生煮死
Don’t even know we’re being cooked alive.
我准备去芝加哥
I’m headin’ off to chicago
一存够钱就走
Soon as i can afford up savings for it.
你呢
What about you?
我在存钱搬去纽约
I’m savin’ up to move to new york city
去跟我姐姐一起
To be with my sister.
好啊 大苹果
All right. big apple.
我喜欢那个城市 我去过那里几次
I like that city. i been there a couple times.
你一定会爱上它的
You’re gonna love it.
没错
Yup.
罗比 用你那双烂手
Robbie! do somethin’ worthwhile
做点有价值的事吧
With those damn hands of yours.
来这边 跟我玩几局
Get over here, play me a game.
好吧 知道了
Well, all right.
花式撞球
…side pocket.
你确定吗 雷克斯
You sure about that, rex?
噢 见鬼
Ooh! damn!
你都连赢了四把
That’s four games in a damn row.
你都欠我80块了 除非你想再跟我比
That’ll be 80 bucks unless you wanna go double or nothin’.
不 拿走吧 是你赢了
No. take it all. you deserve it.
走一个 去掉老输的晦气
Here you go. wash down that humble pie.
敬你女儿
To your daughter
和她搬去纽约的大志向
And her big move to new york city.
纽约 是吗
New york city, huh?
真不敢相信我让那个老头赢了我
Can’t believe i let that old fart take me.
我不知道我是被套路了还是被惊艳到了
I don’t know if i’m ticked or impressed.
我的公♥寓♥就在楼上
Now, you know my apartment’s right upstairs.
我有很多唱片是自动唱片机上没有的
Got a bunch of records ain’t on that jukebox
如果你想上来听几首
If you wanna come up and listen a bit.
谢了 但是我不能
Thanks, but i can’t.
雷克斯 你介意我把你女儿带到楼上
Rex, you mind if i bring your daughter upstairs for a bit,
听听歌♥吗
Listen to some records?
她现在是大城市的女孩了 她可以自己做决定
She’s a big city girl now. she can handle herself.
如果你需要就叫我
Holler if ya need me.
你知道 我不能待太久
You know, i can’t stay long.
没关系 只想放一两首歌♥
That’s all right. just wanna play you a tune or two.
我觉得你会喜欢这首
I think you’re gonna like this one.

Hmm.
刚刚聊到哪了
Where were we?
舞应该这样跳
Think for dancing it’s sorta like this.
你在闻我的头发吗 没有
You tryin’ to sniff my hair? no.
你在搞什么
What are you doin’?

Oh.
这就是我想做的
That’s what i was tryin’ to do.
我不是那种女孩
Oh. i’m not that kinda girl.
好吧 我们就跳跳舞 行吗
Well, we’ll just dance, then. all right?
噢 怎么回事
Whoa! how’d that happen?
好了
Okay.
罗比 你在搞什么
Robbie, what are you doing? this.
住手
Stop.
我只想看看你裙子下的曼妙身姿
I just wanna see what you got under this dress.
罗比 住手
Robbie, stop!
放松 别紧张
Easy. take it easy.
罗比 没关系的
Robbie… it’s all right.
嘿 嘿
Hey, hey!
让我来
Let me show you.

Mmm.
好了 来吧
Okay. there you go.

Oh.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
当我是个小女孩时 我把自己给烧着了
When i was a little girl, i lit myself on fire.
下面更糟糕
It gets worse down there.
我要走了
I’m gonna go now.
我知道你自己可以搞定
I knew you could handle yourself.
就像我教你游泳
It’s like that time i taught you to swim
你以为你会溺水
And you thought you were gonna drown,
但我知道你会做得很好
But i knew you’d do just fine.
给你
Okay, here.
这是你的小费
Here’s your cut.
不要我就收回了啊
Take it or not.
说不定能帮到你的宏伟计划
Might come in handy for the big move.
我不在乎爱尔玛对你做了什么
I don’t care what erma did to you.
这不是借口
It’s no excuse.
我要搬去纽约
I am movin’ to new york,
你做什么都不能阻止我
And there’s nothin’ that you can do about it.
你还好吗
You okay?
我要离开这个破地方
I need to get the hell outta here.
看来有人清空了你的小猪储蓄罐
Somebody sure gutted your piggy, didn’t they?
有怀疑是谁吗
Any suspects?
那些钱是我的
That money was mine.
你为什么这样对我们 爸爸
Why are you doin’ this to us, dad?
纽约杂♥志♥社 我是珍妮特 沃尔斯
New york magazine. this is jeannette walls.
嘿 大人物
Hey, big shot.
莫林
Maureen?
你的精致生活过的还好吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!