Her mother.
她母亲
The fact that I never found a body
没找到尸体
was not surprising.
我并不惊讶
You can’t dig up an entire island.
你不能把整个岛翻个底朝天
But neither could I find the motive.
但我也找不到杀人动机
Was it spontaneous? Was it calculated?
是临时起意 还是蓄意谋杀
Did she know something someone wished she didn’t?
她是否知悉了某人不可告人的秘密
Was it about business?
跟公♥司♥有关吗
Business? But she was sixteen.
公♥司♥ 她才16岁
And very bright.
但非常聪慧
Henrik told me he could
亨利告诉我说
easily see her running the business one day,
他能轻易预见到她经营公♥司♥的那一天
She was with some friends that day. At a parade.
那天她和几个朋友在一起 看游♥行♥
She told them she was feeling unwell. She left early.
她跟伙伴说她不舒服 就先走了
But they also told me
但她的伙伴们也告诉我说
she kept secrets from them, too.
她也有不跟他们分享的秘密
The main thing I learned was that
我得出的主要结论是
teenage girls are complicated.
花季少女的心思你别猜
I have one. Then, you know.
我就有个花季女儿 那么你懂的
I wanted to…
我早就想
Ask you about this.
问问你这个
She received that from Henrik, the Christmas before.
这是以前圣诞节 亨利送她的礼物
I studied it more times than I can say.
我研究了无数次了
I know every page of it.
每一页内容我都烂熟于心
The last page I’m curious about.
我很好奇最后一页
As was I.
我当时也是
List of Names, Numbers and.. Must have some significance.
记录这名字和号♥码 这肯定有某种意义
They’re local phone numbers.
这些都是当地的电♥话♥号♥码
The first belonged to a woman called Margot,
第一个号♥码属于一个叫玛戈特的女人
whose mother was Magda, who denied knowing Harriet.
她的母亲是玛格达 她否认认识海莉
The fourth, R.L., belonged to Rosemarie Larsson,
第四个 R.L. 属于罗斯玛丽·拉森
an elderly woman who died some years before.
一个去世好几年的老妇人
The other three were not connected in any way that I could find.
其它三个我怎么也找不出任何联♥系♥
I’ve reminded you of things you’d rather forget. I’m sorry.
我让你想起了不愿回首的往事 很抱歉
I can’t forget it.
我忘不掉的
It’s my “Rebecka Case”.
这是我的”蕾贝卡案件”
I don’t know what that is.
我不明白
Every policeman has
每个警♥察♥都至少会
at least one unsolved case to obsess over.
为一个悬而未决的案子困惑不已
Back then we had an Officer, Torstensson.
话说 一个叫托腾森的警官
Year after year he kept going back to his “Rebecka Case”.
他年复一年地翻出他的”蕾贝卡案件”
Taking out the files, studying them over and over.
取出档案 反反复复地研究
We were young, we laughed at him.
当时我们都还年少无知 总笑话他
That was also a missing girl case?
那也是一宗女孩失踪案
No, no, no. That’s not why I mention it.
不 不 不 我不是因为这个提它
I’m talking about the soul of a policeman.
我想说的是警魂
Poor old Torstensson never solved it,
可怜的老托腾森一直没有破了此案
and he never let it go.
他也从未放弃
How’s Mr. Palmgren doing?
潘格兰先生还好吗
I heard he had a stroke of some kind?
我听说他得了中风还是怎么的
That’s Terrible.
太惨了
What exactly do you do at this security company?
你在这家安保公♥司♥到底是做什么的
Make coffee and sort mail.
泡咖啡和整理邮件
But not full-time.
但不是全职
Not even part-time consistently.
都算不上一直兼♥职♥
They somehow got along without coffee or mail
他们在七八月竟然会不喝咖啡
in July and August?
也不收发邮件吗
How much did you made there? Enough.
你在哪工资多少 够用了
How much is your rent? I pay my rent.
你的房♥租多少 我付得起
And when was the last time you were late?
那你上次迟到是什么时候
Never.
从没有过
Do you think that ring in your eyelid makes you attractive?
你觉得你眼睑上的那环儿让你很有魅力吗
Here’s the problem.
问题是这样的
There a discrepancy between the obligation of
潘格兰先生的监护职责
Mr. Palmgren’s guardianship and the management of your finances.
和你的财务自主管理权之间有矛盾
There’s no discrepancy or a problem.
没有矛盾 也没有问题
It was clear to him I could manage my own finances.
他很清楚我能够管理我自己的财务
But that’s not clear to me. I’m not a child.
但我还不能确定 我不是个小孩
No. You’re not. But you were.
不 你不是 但你曾经是
And between then and now
而且时不时的
you’re committed to a ward at St. Stephens,
你被关押在圣斯蒂文斯的一间监守所
where you continued to display a violent aggression.
在那里你持续表现出暴虐的侵略性
And you failed to adapt to four foster homes
你的四次收养都失败了
arrested twice for intoxication, twice for narcotics,
两次因为醉酒被捕 还有两次因为吸毒
again for an assault:
要有一次因为暴♥力♥袭击被捕
smashing a bottle into a man’s face.
一瓶子砸碎在人脸上
And that’s not even that long ago.
这事过去没多久
You may have conned Mr. Palmgren into
你或许成功骗取了潘格兰先生的信任
thinking you’v e changed,
让他以为你改变了
but,
但是
while I’m looking at this…
当我看到这些时
not to mention how you’re looking at me now.
还有你现在看着我的样子
I don’t think you have.
我不认为你改变了
So the Good -Old-Mr-Palmgren-Days are over.
所以老好人潘格兰的日子结束了
Starting now, you’ll be given a monthly allowance.
从现在开始 你的生活费用将按月付
You’ll provide me with receipts for your expenses.
你要向我提供你的消费收据
If the numbers don’t balance,
如果数字对不上
I’ll have to assume the difference is going to drugs.
我只能推定差额花在了毒品上
I’ve been on myself since I was ten.
我10岁起就自力更生了
The State has taken care of you.
是国家在照顾你
Ms. Salander? Please look at me. Because this is important.
莎兰德小姐 请看着我 这很重要
Since your behavior is elaborately documented in here ,
由于你的行为表现会被我详细记录
it would come as a shock to no one
那么刚才我强调的
if I chose an alternative
改变对你原来的宽松监护方式
to very lenient arrangement I’ve just outlined.
也是合情合理的
Would you prefer institutionalization?
你想按制度办事吗
Mikael? Yes.
麦可 是我
I’m Liv. Hi.
我是莉芙 你好
We’re going to the same place. Hop in.
我们顺路 上车吧
Okay, thank you.
好的 谢谢
I found him at death’s door halfway up the hill.
我在半山腰上发现了他 他都快半死了
I’m afraid I’m a bit out of shape.
恐怕我都不成人样了吧
No, it’s a climb for anyone.
没 任何人想徒步爬上来都不容易
I should’ve warned you.
我早该提醒你的
Come on in. Thank you, Martin.
快进来吧 多谢 马丁
Henrik says great things about you.
亨利对你赞不绝口啊
What a place, look at that view!
真是个好地方 瞧这风景
I used to work in the company’s petrochemical division in Goteborg.
我曾在哥德堡石化分公♥司♥工作
When it was sold, I went with it.
公♥司♥被售出后 我也同样下场
A dark day.
不堪回首的日子
I live in Hong Kong now,
现在我住在香港
but come back to Stockholm for family events,
但也会为家事回斯德哥尔摩
and when I do,
我回来时
I drive up to spend a couple days with Martin.
我常常驱车到这儿和马丁住几天
It’s just the moose steak she wants.
她只是想来吃驼鹿肉排罢了
You can’t blame her, it’s wonderful.
这不能怪她 的确很美味
Something’s left open.
有东西没关好
Would you like this one or you wanna try something else?
你喜欢这个还是想尝点别的
No, no, no. It’s fine.
不用 不用 这就很好了
You’re writing a book now, Martin said?
听马丁说你现在在写书
Henrik’s biography. I love Henrik.
亨利的传记 我爱亨利
He’s fascinating. Martin, too.
他魅力无穷 马丁也是
Together they’re the Old Sweden and the New.
他俩就是当代瑞典的楷模
Yes, they are.
说得对
You know about Harriet, right?
你知道海莉 是吗
You don’t? Yes, I do.
你不知道 不 我知道
The family doesn’t like to talk about it,
家族对那事闭口不谈
but it can’t just be swept under the rug.
但它不会轻易被遗忘
What can’t. Harriet.
什么不会 海莉
We can talk about that later. No.
我们可以改天再谈 不必