And she couldn’t have run away? Not without being seen.
她不可能出走吧 那不可能没人看到
Firemen stayed on the bridge all night
消防队员整夜都在桥上
pumping out the gasoline.
向外抽汽油
And no one swam across, or took a row boat.
既没有人游走 也没有人划船离开
All the boats were still tied up on this side Sunday.
星期日 所有小船仍旧停在海岛一侧
Believe me, I checked.
相信我 我查过
She couldn’t have just fallen and drowned?
那她会不会溺水淹死了
Oh, no. The currents aren’t strong here.
不会的 这里的水流很慢
Anything that falls into the water turns up nearby.
掉在水里的任何东西都会在就近找到
Like her father.
比如他父亲
His body didn’t drift more than ten meters
在此前一年淹死的时候
when he drowned the year before.
尸体甚至没漂出10米之外
No. No. Someone killed her,
一定不是 必定有人杀了她
Someone on the island that day.
就在那天 岛上的人
Someone close enough to know what she used to give me each year
一个很亲近的人 甚至知道她每年
on my birthday.
送我什么生日礼物
Those were from her.
那些是她送的
The rest…from her killer.
剩下这些就来自凶手
Who knows about these? Just me, the police, the killer…
这事有谁知道 只有我 警♥察♥ 凶手
and now you.
现在还有你
After, the police investigation evaporated,
之后 警方渐渐退出调查
I kept at it, studying all the information there was,
我依旧剥丝抽茧
I’ve spent half my life examining the events of a single day.
穷极后半生探寻那天的始末根由
I understand your frustration, But…
我理解您的沮丧 可是
what you’re asking me to do is a waste of money
您对我的希冀只是浪费钱财
We haven’t discussed your fee.
我们还没有谈到报酬
We don’t need to.
这个不需要谈
Thank you.
谢谢
I can’t find something you haven’t been able to in forty years.
我不可能发现您40年都找不到的答案
You don’t know that.
你不明白
You have a very keen investigative mind.
你拥有相当敏锐的调查能力
Here’s what I propose:
我的想法是
You come stay on the island.
你在岛上待下来
I have a nice little cottage by the water you can use.
我岸边有套小宅子给你住
You study the material I give you.
你认真研究我给的资料
You find something I’ve missed, or you don’t.
有没有新发现都没关系
What you’re asking me to do is set aside my life and career…
您要我做的是放弃自己的生活和事业
Think of it as a well deserved holiday.
可以把这当作一次豪华度假
A way of avoiding all the people you want to avoid right now.
一个暂且远离不想见的人的好办法
As for compensation, I’ll pay you
作为回报 我会支付你
double your salary for as many months as it takes.
现在薪水的两倍 需要查多久就多久
I’ll quadruple it if you solve the mystery.
要是你解开这个谜团 薪水再翻一倍
Henrry Vanger. I’m not done.
亨利·范耶尔 我还没说完
I’ll throw in one more thing,
还有一样大礼奉送
even though you’re a terrible negotiator.
即便你不善于讨价还价
It’s something you want more than
你对它的兴趣定会高于一切
anything else and it can’t be bought at any price.
而且是万金难购
So, let me give it to you … Hans-Erik Wennerstrom.
我要送你的就是…汉斯·艾瑞克·温纳斯壮
He began his career working for me.
他的职业生涯从为我服务开始
And I’ve followed it with interest,
我也饶有兴趣地保持关注
shall we say, ever since.
权当说一直在调查他吧
You were right about him.
你对他的报道一点没错
You just couldn’t prove it.
只是你无法证明罢了
We’re in the middle of our
我们正值多事之秋
worst crisis ever and you’re writing a memoir?
你却去写什么回忆录
You fired me; I need something to do.
你解雇我了 我得找事做
You fired you;
是你解雇自己的
I need you here, not the North Pole.
我要你在这里 不是什么北极
Mikael, You know what this is going to look like.
麦可 你知道别人会怎么看
Like I’ve been gutted. Like I’m running away. I am.
我自暴自弃一走了之 一点没错
Wennerstrom wants to see me waving a white flag, not a red one.
温纳斯壮希望我投降 而不是做对
The more it looks like there’s a problem between you and me,
你我之间看着越是有问题
the more it’ll satisfy him.
他就越感到满足
There is a problem between us.
你我之间就是有问题
He won’t be satisfied until he shuts us down,
搞不垮我们他是不会满足的
You’re leaving me to fight him alone?
你留我一个人战斗吗
It’s four hours by train.
火车只要四个小时
It’s not the North Pole.
那里不是北极
Hey, hey.
有人吗
The network is busy, please try again later.
网络繁忙 请稍后再拨
The network is busy, please try again later.
网络繁忙 请稍后再拨
What?
怎么
Want some Milk?
想喝牛奶吗
The network is busy, please try again later.
网络繁忙 请稍后再拨
Oh, yeah, these.
要这些
You are Palmgren’s daughter?
你是潘格兰的女儿吗
His ward, He doesn’t have a daughter.
他的监护对象 他没有女儿
Please.
求你救他
He’s had a severe cerebral hemorrhaging.
他颅内出血严重
Either from the fall itself, or a stroke that led to the fall.
要么是摔的 要么是中风倒地所致
His blood pressure is too high.
血压也过高
I’m hopeful he’ll regain consciousness, but that’s not assured.
希望他能恢复意识 不过很难讲
And it’s possible, even if he does,
可能的情况是 即便恢复
there will be neurological damage.
也会导致神经受损
Hi, I’m Gunner.
你好 我叫刚纳
The caretaker.
保管员
Oh, hey, Gunnar.
刚纳
You’re an author?
你是个作家
Well, I’m doing a biography on Herr Vanger.
我在给范耶尔先生写传记
I saw you on television. That’s unfortunate.
我在电视上见过你 见笑了
Bit of trouble, I guess.
遇到麻烦了吧
No jail time, though. That’s good.
不过还不用坐牢 还不错
Cost you a lot of money though, yeah?
花了你一大笔钱吧
It’s good.
确实不错
The entire island is owned by my family.
这整个岛都属于我的家族
Your closest neighbor is my brother
离你最近的邻居是我的哥哥
Harald, another Nazi
哈洛德 他也是个纳粹
if you can believe. Two in the family.
难以置信 一个家庭里有两个纳粹
Oh, yes. He’s quite detestable to put it nicely,
没错 他很讨人厌 这还是说得好听的
but you’ll probably never see him. He’s a recluse.
但你可能见不到他 他是个隐居者
He was there that day? Indeed, he was.
当天他也在场吗 没错 他在场
His daughter, Cecilia, lives over there.
他的女儿 西西莉亚 住在那边
They don’t speak.
他俩之间不说话
Does anyone speak to anyone on this island?
这岛上有人互相交谈吗
That’s true.
那倒有
Isabella, Harriet’s mother
伊莎贝拉 海莉的母亲
who lives there. she speaks to Harald.
她住在那儿 跟哈洛德有话说
which is one of reasons I don’t speak to her
所以我不跟她说话
Cecilia’t brother Birger lives there.
西西莉亚的哥哥毕耶住在那边
Who doesn’t he speak to? You, probably.
他又不跟谁说话 你 大概吧
Not that you’d want him to.
你可不会想要他跟你说话
He can be as unpleasant as Harald.
他跟哈洛德一样讨人厌
I’m quickly losing track of who’s who, here.
我就要记不住谁是谁了
Oh, how you’ll wish it were always so.
你会巴不得这样
Soon you’ll know us all only too well,
很快你就会不想深入了解我们这样的家庭
with my apologies.
我先道个歉
Out there is my grand nephew Martin’s house;
那边是我侄孙马丁的房♥子
Harriet’s brother.
他是海莉的哥哥
Who speaks to him? I speak to him.
谁跟他说话 我
He runs the company now, as I think I told you.
公♥司♥现在由他管理 我跟你说过的
Someone shooting their dinner. Gunnar probably.
有人在为晚餐打猎了 估计是刚纳
Oh yes, I met him earlier.
我之前见过他了
He was 19 when Harriet disappeared.
海莉失踪那年他才19岁
He lives over there.
他住在那边
And you live there? Sorry?
那你住在这儿 什么
Your house.
你的房♥子
Oh, yes!
是的
Yes, you’re right.
是的 你是对的
The man who hires the detective
雇用侦探的人
should always bekept on the suspects list.
也应该被列在嫌疑人名单上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!