You think his death was suspicious? Don’t you?
你觉得他的死有疑点吗 你难道不觉得吗
Yes.
是的
Yes, I do.
是的 我觉得是的
Today at the beach,
今天在海滩上
I met a man, an old timer who was familiar with the currents.
我碰到一个熟知海潮的老人
And he said that there was no way that a body from the ferry
他说从轮渡上落下的人
could have washed ashore on that spot.
根本就不可能冲到那儿的岸上
You’re kidding.
开什么玩笑
He also said that there was a woman who
他还说有个女人
saw flashlights on the beach that night.
那晚看到海滩上有手电筒闪光
And then she fell down the stairs, and now she’s in a coma.
后来她就摔下楼梯 昏迷不醒
That’s all I know.
我知道的就这些
That’s all you know? Jesus.
你知道的就这些? 老天啊
Can I borrow your phone? Why?
能把你手♥机♥借我吗 为什么
I need to call Adam.
我要打给亚当
What? Nothing.
怎么了 没事
Aren’t you gonna call him?
你不是要打给他吗
Later. I’m going out for a walk.
一会儿再打 我要出去散步
But it’s pitch black. It’s pouring with rain.
但是天这么黑 还下着大雨
It’ll clear my head.
这样我能理清思路
Well, I’ll come with you.
好吧 我和你一起去
No. Thanks, but I need to work this one through on my own.
不了 谢谢 我需要自己想清楚
Stay here. Have another drink. Don’t wait up.
待在这儿 再喝一杯 不用等我
Are you awake?
你醒着吗
Well, I am now. I’m sorry.
现在醒了 我很抱歉
It’s all right. Hang on.
没事 等一下
What time is it? I don’t know.
现在几点了 不知道
I called Adam.
我打电♥话♥给亚当了
And? Can I come in?
然后呢 我能进来说吗
The day before Mike died,
迈克死前的一天
he and Adam had a terrible row.
他和亚当大吵了一架
I’ve never told anyone this before, not even the police.
我从没告诉过任何人 连警♥察♥也没有
What about? I don’t know.
为什么吵 我也不知道
But it was furious. They never spoke again.
他们吵得很厉害 再没互相讲过话
When I asked Adam about it, he refused to discuss it.
我问亚当的时候 他拒绝谈论这个
After what you just said,
再听了你刚说的之后
I felt I should ask him again.
我觉得应该再问问他
And what did he say?
那他说什么
He was having dinner with the vice president.
他在和副总统吃饭
That bloody Bly woman wouldn’t even give him the phone.
那个该死的女人布莱都没把电♥话♥给他
Oh, God. Oh, dear God.
天啊 我的老天啊
What’s he got himself mixed up in?
他让自己陷进了什么状况里面啊
It’s all right. Everything’ll be all right.
没事的 一切都会好起来的
I’m scared.
我很害怕
I’ve never been scared in my life before, but I am now.
我以前从没害怕过 但我现在害怕了
Your hair’s all wet, you’re drenched.
你头发都湿了 你浑身湿透了
Let me get you a towel.
我给你拿条毛巾
Bad idea.
这样不好
Do you mind?
你介意吗
Course not.
当然不会
The modesty of the morning after?
早上起来后的羞怯吗
I’m sorry. I thought you were asleep.
抱歉 我以为你还没醒
You mean you thought I’d be gone?
你是说你以为我已经走了吗
You’ve taken out the family tree. He’s very proud of the Langs.
你把家谱图找出来了 他为朗氏家族自豪
You know, if you want a family tree, go to a garden center.
如果你想要一棵家族树 可以去园林中心
Why have you underlined my name every time?
为什么要在我名字出现的地方划线
I was surprised there wasn’t more about you.
没有更多关于你的事情 我很吃惊
Why? I’m just the wife.
为什么 我只是他的妻子
Yeah, even so. You ought not to be written out of history.
是啊 即使是这样你也不应该被历史遗忘
Why not? Most women are.
为什么呢 大部分女人都是这样
Then I’ll reinstate you.
那我就把你重新加上去
I’ll put in all the occasions that he’s forgotten.
我要写下他忘掉的那些事
How kind.
真好啊
Like the boss’s secretary that remembers his wife’s birthday for him?
像他秘书提醒他妻子生日之类的事吗
Something like that. But then, like you say,
这样的一些事 但是正如你说的
I’m not a proper writer.
我不是个真正的作家
What are you planning to do? Leave.
你要干什么 离开
It’s not necessary, as far as I’m concerned.
依我看 完全没有必要
I’m afraid it is, as far as I am.
在我看来 恐怕是有必要的
Where will you go? Back to the hotel.
你要去哪儿 回旅馆去
Look, I’m sorry.
听着 我很抱歉
I should never have stayed in a client’s house.
我根本就不应该住在客户的家里
It always ends up with… With you screwing the client’s wife?
最后总是会和… 客户的老婆搞在一起?
No, not always.
不 不是总这样
But it does make it hard to maintain a professional distance.
但是那样会很难保持专业距离
And the thing we discussed last night?
我们昨晚讨论的事情呢
What do you propose to do about that?
你打算怎么做
That’s none of my business. Well, you can’t just ignore it.
不关我的事 你不能就这么不管了
Look, I’m his ghostwriter. I’m not an investigative reporter.
听着 我只是他的枪手 不是调查记者
What are you gonna do about it? Perhaps I’ll write my own memoirs.
你打算怎么做呢 也许自己写个回忆录
Ex-Prime Minister’s wife tells all.
前首相夫人♥大♥揭秘
Well, if you ever decide to do that, give me a call.
如果你决定要那么做了 给我个电♥话♥
You think I need someone like you to produce my book?
你觉得我需要像你这样的人来写书吗
I don’t want to be in his bloody memoirs.
我才不想在他该死的回忆录里
He’s on his own. I’ll get a divorce.
只用写他自己就行了 我要离婚
And she can do the prison visits.
那个女人可以去探监
Morning, sir.
早上好 先生
Finished for the night, have we? Why don’t you just piss off?
昨晚尽兴吧 滚一边去
BMW connecteddrive.
宝马导航系统
Traffic is clear to your destination.
交通畅通 可达目的地
Join the road when possible.
路况合适时请上公路行驶
In 200 yards, turn left.
200码处左转
Sorry, lady, but the hotel is right.
抱歉 女士 旅馆在右边
Turn around when possible.
路况合适时请掉头
This is getting ridiculous.
太可笑了
Turn around when possible.
路况合适时请掉头
All right, you win.
好吧 听你的
In 50 yards, turn left.
50码后左转
Turn left.
左转
You’ve got to be joking.
开什么玩笑
Single or return?
单程还是往返
Return. I hope.
往返 我希望是的
Forty bucks, please.
请给40元
Have a good one. Ta.
旅途愉快 谢谢
Okay, come on. Come on, keep coming.
好的 向前 向前 继续开
A little more. Stop.
再开一点 停车
In 50 yards, turn left.
50码处左转
Please proceed to the indicated road.
请按指示前进
In 200 yards, take the next exit.
200码处 走下一个出口
In half a mile, make a sharp right turn.
半英里处 急转向右
Turn left.
左转
In 200 yards, you will have reached your destination.
200码处到达目的地
You have reached your destination.
目的地到达
Paul Emmett?
保罗·埃米特?
Professor Paul Emmett?
保罗·埃米特教授?
“Professor Paul Emmett of Harvard university
哈佛大学的保罗·埃米特教授
has written of the unique importance of the English-speaking peoples
这样描述以英语为母语人♥民♥
in the spread of democracy around the world.
在向世界传播民♥主♥精神中的独特重要性
As these nations stand together,
由于这些国家团结在一起
whenever they have faltered, tyranny has gathered strength.”
他们要是衰败了 暴♥政♥也就得势了
Hello?
哪位
Is that Mrs. Emmett? Who is this?
是埃米特夫人吗 你是哪位
I wondered if I might have a word with professor Emmett.
我希望能和埃米特教授谈谈
Do you have an appointment?
你预约了吗
It’s about Adam Lang. I’m assisting him with his memoirs.
是关于亚当·朗的 我在帮他写回忆录
Just a moment, please.
请等一会儿
This is Paul Emmett. I think you must have made a mistake.
我是保罗·埃米特 我想你一定搞错了
But you were at Cambridge with Mr. Lang?
你是和朗先生一起在剑桥读书的吗
We were contemporaries, yes, but I can’t claim to know him.
我们是同一届 但不能说我认识他
I have a photograph of you together.
我有一张你们俩一起的照片

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!