Here. Follow it down the beach there.
这儿 顺着这个一直到海滩就好了
It’s the house nearest the ocean. But she won’t talk to you.
就是靠海的那个屋子 但是她没法跟你说了
Why not? She’s in a coma.
为什么 她还在昏迷中
Fell down stairs a week ago.
一个星期前摔下楼了
Been in a coma ever since.
一直到现在都在昏迷中
Come down!
下来
Come down!
下来
Dep told me you were here!
德普跟我说你在这儿
What?
你说什么
I said Dep told me you were here.
德普告诉我你在这儿
We came to get you before the storm came. What are you doing?
我们想在风暴前找到你 你在干吗
Just taking the air. No, really.
只是透口气 不 我要听实话
I wanted to see where Mike Mcara was found.
我想看看迈克·麦卡拉尸体被发现的地方
Why?
为什么
Adam’s asked me to write something about him in the book.
亚当叫我在书里写些关于他的事情
Where’s your bike? Up there.
你的自行车在哪儿 在上面
Barry, will you come around with the car? We’ll meet you out by the road.
巴里 你能过去取车吗 我们在路边等你
I can’t do that, I’m afraid, Mrs. Lang.
恐怕不行 朗夫人
Have to stay with you at all times.
我必须时刻跟你在一起
For God’s sake!
老天啊
If we meet any terrorists,
如果我们碰到恐♥怖♥分♥子♥了
I’ll text you.
我会发短♥信♥给你
All right, well, stay on the path. Don’t speak to anyone.
好吧 沿着路走 别和任何人说话
We won’t talk to a soul, officer, I promise.
我保证这地方没人和我们说话 长官
Poor Mike. I can’t bear
可怜的迈克 我不能想象
the idea of him ending up so far from home.
他死在离家这么远的地方
I wonder if we’ll ever know whether it was accident or suicide.
我不知道能否查清他是意外死亡还是自杀
Can’t help you. I never met him.
我不知道 我从没见过他
I suppose it doesn’t really matter.
我想那不重要
He was drunk. He drowned. End of story.
他喝醉了 淹死了 剧终
What was he doing on the ferry? No idea.
他在轮渡上干什么 不知道
Funeral’s on Monday, in London.
葬礼在星期一 伦敦
I’m thinking of going.
我想去
One of us should put in an appearance,
我们中的一个应该露面
and it doesn’t seem likely to be my husband.
我丈夫是不太可能的
I thought you didn’t want to leave him.
我以为你不愿离开他
Rather seems as though he’s left me, wouldn’t you say?
你为什么不说更像是他离开了我
Hello? Sorry. I did knock. It’s just me.
谁啊 抱歉 我敲过门 是我
I brought you some dry clothes. That’s all right. I can manage.
我给你拿了些干衣服 谢谢 我自己就行
Dinner’s in an hour, okay?
一小时后晚饭 知道吗
Fine, thanks. For God’s sake.
好的 谢谢 老天啊
“It was at the time of the London elections
伦敦选举的时候
that I first got to know Ruth.
我第一次认识了露丝
She had gained a first at Oxford
她在牛津大学取了第一学位
and then done a year’s postgraduate research
然后进行了一年的研究生学习
as a Fulbright Scholar.”
获得了富布莱特奖学金
Ruth.
露丝
Perfect fit. Now all you need is a drink. What are we having?
很合身 现在你需要来一杯 有什么
Biodynamic white wine from the Rhinehart vinery in the Napa valley.
纳帕谷莱茵哈特葡萄园产的有机白葡萄酒
Rhinehart. He doesn’t own a distillery, I suppose?
莱茵哈特 他不会有个酿酒厂吧
Mmm. Evening news.
晚间新闻
…for war crimes.
因为战时犯罪
Our political editor has more.
我们的政♥治♥编辑将详细报道
Christ, we’re the lead story.
天啊 上头条了
Pour us some more wine, will you?
再来些酒
I may have to get drunk for a change.
我也许要喝醉了去换个心情
In Washington, Mr. Lang received firm promises of support,
在华盛顿 朗先生得到了
both from congressional leaders and the Secretary of State,
国会领导和国务卿绝对支持的保证
before going on to a private dinner tonight with the vice President.
然后去参加今晚和副总统的私人晚宴
Adam Lang has stood by America’s side in the war against terror,
亚当·朗在反恐战争中站在美国这边
and I’m proud to stand by his side this afternoon.
今天下午我很自豪地站在他这边
Adam, good to see you. Thank you.
亚当 很高兴见到你 谢谢
Thank you very much, indeed. It’s good to see you.
真的很感谢你 很高兴见到你
Don’t grin.
不要咧嘴笑
In Iraq, a suicide bomber…
在伊♥拉♥克♥ 一个自杀炸♥弹♥袭击者…
For God’s sake!
上帝啊
Adam.
是亚当
Calling to find out how I think it went.
打电♥话♥来问我对事情进展的看法
Let him sweat.
让他着急去吧
Does he always ask for your advice?
他总是向你寻求建议吗
Yes,
是的
and always usually takes it.
而且一般都会采纳
Until lately.
直到最近变了
Are you married? Certainly not.
你结婚了吗 当然没有
Gay? No.
你是同性恋? 不是
Did you have a… I had a…um…
你有… 我有…
What? Girlfriend? Well, a bit more than that.
什么 女朋友吗 比这个关系要深一点
Partner?
炮♥友♥?
A bit less than that.
比这个关系要浅一点
I don’t know, 40,000 years of human language
我也不知道 发展了4万年的人类语言
and there’s no word to describe our relationship.
都找不出描述我们关系的词
It was doomed.
这是命中注定的
Come on. Let’s eat.
好了 我们吃饭吧
How’s it going? The book?
进展如何 书吗
Well, it’s not, to be honest. Sit there.
好吧 老实说 不顺利 坐那儿
Can I ask you something? Of course.
我能问你些事情吗 当然
I find it difficult to understand certain things.
我发现有些事情很难理解
What things? Well…
什么事 那个…
I can’t understand why this good-looking lad
我不能理解为什么一个
who goes to Cambridge without the slightest interest in politics
在剑桥读书 对政♥治♥毫不感兴趣
and who spends his time acting and chasing girls,
大部分时间用来表演和泡妞的帅哥
Suddenly ends up… Married to me?
突然就… 和我结婚了吗
Oh, no, not that. No, not that, at all.
不 不 不是那个 不是 根本不是
No, what I don’t get is why,
不是 我不理解的是为什么他
at 22, he’s suddenly a political activist.
在22岁突然就成了政♥治♥活动家
I mean, where does that come from? Didn’t you ask him?
原因是什么 你问过他吗
He said he joined the party because of you.
他说他加入工党是因为你
Told me a great story
给我讲了一个浪漫的故事
about you turning up at his place in the rain.
你在雨天出现在他家门口
I was gonna start the whole book with it.
我本来要以这个作为书的开头
And now you’re not?
现在为什么不了呢
No, I can’t. It’s not true.
不 不行 因为这不是真的
Isn’t it? Well, you know it’s not.
不是吗 你知道不是的
He’d been a member for two years before he met you.
在遇见你时他已经加入工党2年了
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
I’ve got a copy of his original party membership card.
我有一张他原始党籍证的复印件
Mike Mcara found it in the archives.
迈克·麦卡拉在档案里找到的
Typical Mike,
不愧是迈克
to ruin a good story with too much research.
做太多调查 毁了一个好故事
Did he find anything else?
他还找到其他东西了吗
Not much. Cambridge stuff mainly.
没多少 主要是他在剑桥的一些材料
You were more political than he was.
你比他更有政♥治♥头脑
I was certainly a change from his Cambridge girlfriends.
我当然和他在剑桥的女友们不一样
All those jocastas and pandoras.
那些只有漂亮脸蛋的蠢货
And so his marriage to you must have been pretty vital,
那么他和你的婚姻
your knowledge and your contacts in the party.
你的学识和在党内的人脉一定对他很重要
And I thought he married me for my body.
我还以为他因为我漂亮才娶我的
Did you ever want to be a proper politician in your own right?
你曾想过自己成为一个真正的政♥治♥家吗
Of course. Didn’t you want to be a proper writer?
当然 你难道不想成为一个真正的作家吗
I’m sorry. I’ve hurt your feelings.
抱歉 我没有顾及你的感受
I suppose even ghosts must have feelings.
我想即使是枪手也有感情
We are sensitive spirits.
我们都是敏感的灵魂
Talking of spirits, could you…
谈到灵魂 你能…
Let me get you a proper drink.
让我给你弄瓶好酒
White wine, never really seen the point of it.
喝白酒永远都不能真正理解事情
That’s the sort of thing Mike used to say.
迈克以前也这样说
Ah! At last, something in common.
终于有些共同点了
Do you know the coroner reckoned he’d drunk nearly half a bottle?
你知道验尸官说他差不多喝了半瓶酒吗
That’s convenient.
那倒是省事了
What do you mean? Nothing.
你什么意思 没什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!