I know, I’m sorry…
我知道 我很抱歉…
It didn’t seem right, speaking to you.
跟你谈 似乎并不正确
Who are you?
你是谁
I’m the new ghostwriter…
我是新的枪手…
No names, don’t use any names.
不要名字 不要用任何名字
How did you get this number?
你怎么找到这个号♥码的
It was in my predecessor’s effects.
是我的前辈留下的
The…
事情…
The thing is, I’m in trouble.
事情是这样的 我遇到麻烦了
Is it because of your client?
因为你的客户吗
Yeah.
没错
There’s something wrong, but I didn’t know who to talk to.
有些事不对劲 但是我不知道该告诉谁
Where are you? Without being too specific. On the island?
你在哪儿 不出意外的话 是在岛上吗
I’m in the…No, I’m on the mainland,
我在…不 我在大♥陆♥上
on the…this motel by the ferry.
在渡口旁边的汽车旅馆里
Room number?
房♥间号♥码呢
201.
Have you got the book with you? Yeah.
你带着那本书吗 对
Okay. Stay there.
好的 待在那儿
Hatherton?
哈勒通?
With $35 billion of funds at its disposal,
随着350亿美元基金的设置
the Hatherton group brings together a family of companies
哈勒通团队带来一系列公♥司♥
devoted to defense and security.
为防御与安全贡献力量
And with unrivaled expertise in the middle east,
根据中东专家意见的指导
including the services of two former presidents,
合作者包括前2任首相
three prime ministers and two directors of the CIA,
一共3位首相和2位中♥央♥情报局指导官
Hatherton is proud to stand at the
哈勒通很自豪地
forefront of the struggle against terror.
站在反恐斗争的前线
Hatherton, a shelter from harm.
哈勒通 躲避伤害的庇护所
“According to CIA whistleblower Frank Molinari,
根据中♥央♥情报局发言人法兰克·莫林纳瑞
“Yale graduate Paul Emmett
耶鲁大学毕业生保罗·埃米特
“was reported to have joined the agency as an officer in 1971,
被报道称于1971年加入此机构成为一名长官
“and was assigned to the foreign resources division of the directorate of.
分配入董事会的外国能源部门
1971?
1971年?
It’s 1974.
上面写的是1974年啊
Hello? You’re alive.
喂? 你还活着
Yeah, just about.
是的 就在附近
I’ve been worried sick.
我担心死了
The police called to say they’d found the car on the ferry. Again!
警♥察♥说他们又在渡口发现了那辆车
I’m so sorry. I parked it, and then, and then I got off the boat.
我很抱歉 我把车停下 然后又下船了
What the hell were you doing on the mainland, anyway?
你到底在大♥陆♥干些什么
I drove to New York. Why?
我开车去纽约了 为什么
I needed to see John Maddox.
我得去见约翰·马多克斯
And where are you now?
你现在在哪儿
I’m still at the ferry terminal. I missed the last crossing.
我还在渡口 我错过了最后一班
You really are bloody hopeless!
你真的无药可救了
I just had Adam on the phone, trying to get hold of you.
我刚刚跟亚当通过电♥话♥ 试图把你留下来
He’s flying back tonight. He sounds in a right state.
他今晚就会飞回来了 听上去状态不错
You didn’t tell him about us, did you?
你没跟他说我们的事吧
God’s sake, Ruth!
怎么可能 露丝
I’ve got to go. I’ll call you back.
我得挂了 我会再打给你
Who is it? Mr. Rycart sent me.
谁 莱卡特先生派我来的
Hold on.
请稍等
Just gonna do a quick check, if you don’t mind.
只是做个快速搜查 如果你不介意的话
Get your stuff together. We’re leaving.
把你的东西收好 我们要走了
Hey! That’s private!
那是私人物件
He’s clean. Thanks, Frank.
他没问题 谢谢 弗兰克
Sorry about that. Please, get in.
刚才的事很抱歉 请上车
You thought it was a trap? It crossed my mind.
你认为这是个陷阱吗 有过这想法
You do work for Lang.
你确实是为朗工作的
Yeah, for three days. I hardly know the guy.
没错 有3天了 我并不了解他
Who does?
谁又了解呢
I worked for him for 15 years, till he fired me,
我为他工作了15年 直到他把我解雇
and I still can’t fathom him.
我却还是不能理解他
Yeah, his wife said more or less the same.
没错 他老婆大概也是这么说的
There you go.
你看吧
If someone as sharp as Ruth can’t get him, what hope do we have?
像露丝那么强悍的人都不能明白他 我们怎么行
Tough day? Yeah, you could say that.
很恼火的一天吧 没错 可以这么说
You have the book?
你带着书吗
Yeah.
没错
He’s got it.
他带着书
Before we go any further, I wonder if I might take a look at that book.
在我们说别的之前 我想看看那本书
No. Before we go any further, there’s a few things I’d like to know first.
不 在我们谈别的之前 有些事我得先了解
Such as, why did Mike Mcara have your number?
比如说 为什么迈克·麦卡拉会有你的电♥话♥
Okay. Sure.
好吧 当然了
He was helping me.
他在帮我做事
Mcara? How?
麦卡拉? 怎么会
Mike found the documents linking Lang to the torture flights.
迈克找到了朗和那架刑讯飞机联♥系♥的文件
What? It was Mcara who gave you the documents?
什么 是麦卡拉给你文件的?
Yeah, Mike Mcara. The loyalest of the loyal.
没错 迈克·麦卡拉 最忠诚不过的人
But why?
但是为什么呢
He didn’t like discovering he was working for a war criminal.
他不希望发现自己是在为战争犯工作
Would you?
你会吗
Oh, I forgot. You are.
我忘了 你正在为他工作
The book?
书呢
Well, don’t tell me you’re gonna read it now.
别告诉我你现在就要看
Not all of it. Just the beginning.
不看全部 只是开头
There’s something very important about it.
有些很重要的事与之有关
Yeah. It’s the cure for insomnia.
没错 枯燥得能治好失眠症
There you go, guys. Can I get you anything else?
给 还需要别的吗
No, thanks, love.
不用了 谢谢 亲爱的
Mike said he’d discovered something new.
迈克最后一次打电♥话♥给我时
It’s the last time he called me.
说他发现了一些新的东西
He said it explained everything that
他说那能解释我们在政♥府♥时
had gone wrong when we were in government.
混乱的一切
What was it? He wouldn’t say over the phone.
那是什么 他不愿意在电♥话♥上讲
He just kept saying if anything happened to him,
他只是说如果他出了什么事
the truth was in Lang’s memoirs.
真♥相♥就在朗的回忆录里
“It’s all there in the beginning.”
他说真♥相♥就在开头
The beginning?
开头?
Then he means Cambridge.
那他是指在剑桥的时候
What the hell’s this?
这他妈是什么啊
That is Lang, and that is Paul Emmett.
那是朗 另一个是保罗·埃米特
Emmett? The Arcadia guy. So what?
埃米特? 那个运营艾卡迪亚的人 那又怎样
On the day that Mike Mcara died, he drove up to see Emmett,
迈克·麦卡拉死的那天 他开车去见埃米特
and I think he was murdered on his way home.
我想他就在回来的路上被谋杀了
What? I went to see Emmett today,
什么 我今天去见了埃米特
and two guys followed me from his house. That’s why I called you.
有两个人从他家跟踪我 所以我才给你打电♥话♥
At the time that this photograph was taken,
在拍下这张照片的时候
Paul Emmett was an officer in the CIA.
保罗·埃米特是中情局的长官
Emmett?
埃米特?
Foreign resources division. Oh, my God.
外国能源部门 我的天
You realize how important this is, don’t you?
你知道这有多重要 对吗
This explains why Lang went into politics.
这解释了为什么朗会从政
Everyone knows he didn’t have a
所有人都知道
political thought in his pretty little head.
那个小白脸没有政♥治♥理念
This is why he rose so quickly,
这就是为什么他崛起得这么快
with a little help from his friends.
是靠朋友帮助的
Well, do you think it’s possible… Okay, a quiz for you.
你觉得有没有可能… 给你个小测试
Name one decision Lang made in 10 years as prime minister
你提出一个朗做首相这10年内
which wasn’t in the interests of the USA.
做过的决议里对美国没有兴趣的一个
Well, come on, it’s not a trick question.
说吧 这不是脑经急转弯
Iraq, middle east policy, star wars defense,
伊♥拉♥克♥ 中东政策 星际大战防御
buying American nuclear missiles, support of terrorist rendition.
购买♥♥美国核弹 支持恐♥怖♥份♥子♥的把戏
The sacking of any minister Washington didn’t like,
一系列让人不满的行为
including yours truly.
包括你的工作
Mcara was right.
麦卡拉是对的
This explains everything.
这解释了一切
It’s Amelia Bly.
是阿米莉亚·布莱
Answer it.
接吧
Hello, Amelia. Good evening. I have Adam for you.